Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
LOL yea it was him

i did see the loads of dirt i was wondering what it was for. the thing that has kept us away from FF is they havnt had a consistent schedule. but now that you have taken over and a schedule is out we'll start coming out on a consistent basis . thanks kenny
Doug, tell Keith to come saturday so I can kick his butt!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Slash: There are two great hobby shops within a mile of the track. AZ Hobbies is at 91st Ave and Thomas and Quicks R/C is at 99th Ave and McDowell. From what I understand, they will both be supporting Fear Farm. I believe they will be sponsoring race bucks and give aways on an alternating basis. For instance last week Quicks gave aways some items and I believe this week AZ Hobbies will be giving away race bucks. Maybe they can have a race from their shops to the track. Team race with one 1/8 buggy and one SC truck. LOL

Update: Fear Farm has purchased 8 more lights and they will be mounted tomorrow!!

Practice tomorrow night and racing Saturday!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by recrutr911
Doug, tell Keith to come saturday so I can kick his butt!!!!!!
were off this week due to nats
Old 06-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slashman69
Is quicksrc the official track still? I was told a few weekas ago when i was there for the kbrl race they werent anymore that another shop got it. Can anybody verify this?. Also new here jus signed on to keep up with the phx racing, have some nice tracks down here
What AZ Hobbies has been told by FEAR FARM is that AZH has priority at the track. AZH will have a permanent parts / support trailer on site that will be just east of the 8th scale drivers stand. AZH will be giving out race rewards along with anything Quick's gives out. FF has mentioned an alternating schedule on rewards which we will work on. Regardless of how people want to title it, there are two shops within a stone's throw of the track. With two shops that close offering up support and rewards, FF customers are sure to be showered with all the perks of racing at Fear Farm.

PM any questions.

Last edited by AZHobbies; 06-03-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

So I understand the 1/10th track has 5 more lights up for tonights practice and they will be putting up another 4 on the 1/8 track tomorrow. Should be all done for racing at 6PM tomorrow.

Kenny
Old 06-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool, I'll be there, who else is racing Saturday nite ? Keith? Don? Jesus?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'll be there! But only with my little 'ol electric trucks.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Sat Nite

I just wanted to say thanks to Kenny and Fear Farm Crew for the hard work and patience in getting things working, midnight repairs on the generator made it rough for all, even CJ, thanks, but it was worth it for all who stayed late for the mains, good clean battle between Brandon and Kenny, had a blast!!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Ouch!

Well things started out awesome last night but during the main events our generator detonated and it lengthened the program out way past reasonable. I guess there are quite a few die hard racers out there because the Pro 2 A main still had 9 drivers make the tone. Fear Farm has already schedule for someone to come look at the generator Monday and they've even gone as far as looked up new generators if it comes to that.

Thank you everyone for coming out last night! 8 heats and two novice classes was really cool to see. Sorry for the poor program but with every week I feel like we're making headway. The next thing I'm really excited for is a new sound system. We have the quote and should be moving forward on that soon.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (28.1 KB, 87 views)
File Type: txt
Round2.txt (30.3 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_01_Pro 4_A-Main.pdf (30.7 KB, 116 views)
R3_Race_03_Pro 2_B-Main.pdf (26.5 KB, 100 views)
Old 06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Recap of club racing!

In the Pro 4 class, Chance Renstrom (Chizzle) took TQ honors and drove to a convincing 1 lap win in the 10 minute main event. After the race he gave me the race winning setup (Car, radio, batteries) to take up to the MDA Camp! Thanks for the help Chance and good job at the wheel all night! AZ Hobbie's Mark Willson took 2nd with Dave Coleman taking home the final podium spot. Interesting tid bit.... Roy Esckelson took 4th while driving a B4

In Electric Novice Robert Busse took the tq with a silly overpowered 4x4 slash. We turned the power down 3 times but he was still sending it off the track at every turn lol. Robert didn't stick around for the main event so Ethan Pfieffer started on pole. He took the win with Brandon Davis 2nd and McKenzie Saunders getting her first top three! Good job everyone!

The Pro 2 class had 17 entries yesterday so the B main was 9 vehicles strong. Starting 1st and 2nd in the B was Clay Fabrizius and Justin Peralta. Those two ran 1-2 for the entire race and would move on to the A main. In the A, it was all Jimbo (James) Rowan. Jimbo had excellent runs in both qualifiers putting him out front at the tone. He never was pressured and went away to a comfortable win. Kelly Lugo needed a 2nd round qualifier just to make the main and started 7th. He quickly moved through the field and ended up 2nd after a good battle with Isaac Dean. Isaac would take 3rd with Jason May and Chance Renstrom rounding out the top 5. Congratulations Jimbo!

Nitro Novice (The Debacle)
The Nitro Novice main was about 6 minutes in when the generator hit the eject button. Sabrina Kilday was the tq and was leading when the lights went out so we gave her the win with Shahar Cohem and John Ortiz rounding out the top 3. Sabrina.... You're accumulating points and will be bumped out of Novice some day Sorry we had to cut your race short guys

2WD Stadium truck:
For the 2nd straight week, Phil Rowan ran away with this class but you could never tell by looking at the lap times. Phil has routinely got out front only to let the other drivers catch up to him so he can race. Isn't it fun to race with guys like that?! Phil took TQ and would take the win as well although John Ortiz and Scott Eger finished on the lead lap. Rich Haynes was only one lap back at the end of 10 minutes. Good job Phil and thanks all for racing!

Nitro:
By the time the final Nitro mains came around we only had a handful of racers so we combined whomever was left into one nitro main. Some ran buggies and some ran truggies but it was fun all the same. Roy Esckelson took the mic so I could race both qualifiers and the main and I really loved racing with everyone. It was cool talking about racing with Brandon and his Dad and we did have some great battles on the track.

Thank you all for coming out and racing Saturday. Once again let me say that I'm not happy starting late and finishing late but we are committed to improving every week. Once I get word on the generator I'll post here and on the website about Thursday Racing.. CJ and Alyssa said they will be out there running races this Thursday if the generator issue has been fixed!

Thank you FF track crew, you guys have been working your butts off and we appreciate your efforts!

Thank you to those that gave vehicles or are donating time to the MDA Camp this week!

Late

P.S. What is CJ doing to that hay bail on the website?
Attached Files
R3_Race_06_Pro 2_A-Main.pdf (31.6 KB, 108 views)
Old 06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ryan Maifield is the new 2011 Roar Truggy Champ.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
P.S. What is CJ doing to that hay bail on the website?
That's how hay bails at FF get built. CJ meticulously assembles them one straw at a time to be certain they can take hits from RC's day in and day out. Thanks CJ!! lol
Old 06-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the props Kenny! However, you should know that that's not the winning kit. Just looks like it because I give my kid my old bodies, haha. Anyway, thanks for a fun night and thanks to AZHobbies for the race bucks!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So it appears that this "chizzle" guy is the guy to beat in pro4 huh?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Pa-lease! I'm just a small time club racer who had a good night.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.