Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Damn it Ricky... I was hoping a BIT closer to me.....

So an Old K-Mart... Nice big Building for sure.. Keep in mind guys and gals... the RC Track dosent keep the doors open... the Shop and Carting will bring in the Money... and if they have a restaurant and Bar... that will also increase revenue a lot... This is a business decision only, not just for RC Racing... Hobbytown is just trying to GARNISH more of the RC Sales in the Valley... good business plan I think... Good for them

I for one will make the trip to the New Hobbytown and support their new venture...

hey whats the Dimensions of the New RC Track Ricky?

Congrats on the Move guys....

Stav
Old 09-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default The New SRS

I understand the investment in electric carting and hopefully strong revenue will drive the new location.
Just hope when planning is done rc does not take the fifth chair after carting, restaurant/bar, Hobbytown shop, and probably something else.

I will race there. Just hope carting market does not get saturated. I raced karts a long time ago where every town had an active track. No more.

At least now we can start earlier and have full race schedules and get home at more reasonable times. I have a grandson I would like to race but he is not much fun after 10pm.

Best wishes to the next adventure for SRS.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

The offroad track will be 100' x 70' and the way its looking we will be bringing clay in from California.

Yes we there will be a bar and grill.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricky G
I hope to work with W3 not against. Keep in mind that I don't have final say as I am not the owner BUT If everything goes my way we will be club racing on different days that W3 to give racers an option to race almost every night of the week and hopefully grow RC racing in Phoenix.
Good to hear this as i hope to race at the new location a little more than i have been at the current location. Really looks like an exciting new facility!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricky G
The offroad track will be 100' x 70' and the way its looking we will be bringing clay in from California.

Yes we there will be a bar and grill.

Where exactly in California.............. WCRC?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lame... Hope Glitch comes thru with something on the east side. If so they will corner the east valley market.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Malign R/C
Lame... Hope Glitch comes thru with something on the east side. If so they will corner the east valley market.
So sick of the east west bull crap if you don't want to drive that far don't drive that far. simple
When I lived in California there wasn't one track that was less than 30 miles from me. it didn't stop me because I love rc racing. get the f!#k over it!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
So sick of the east west bull crap if you don't want to drive that far don't drive that far. simple
When I lived in California there wasn't one track that was less than 30 miles from me. it didn't stop me because I love rc racing. get the f!#k over it!
Driving is part of it. I drive from casa grande. 67 miles to w3 for me . Should only be few miles less to new place. 48 miles to ch. If u want to race u will drive!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm gonna have to drive 1 mile to SRS. This sucks.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I know I will be getting my 1/10 stuff back out around the first of the year!!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:49 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

Kalifornia Sucks.

Many of us live east and dont want to drive 30+ miles to race, some of those people vent frustration.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

FWIW, HobbyTown Gilbert sucks and I wouldn't consider it when determining location because they barely have any offroad parts. Seems like all they cater to is the guys that "race" in the parking lot on the weekends. They rarely have anything an offroad racer is looking for so I stopped even trying. The stuff they do have, is unorganized. They have a bottom shelf with all the AE stuff they haven't put on the rack yet. If you go in there looking for something simple like B4 arms they're sifting through the shelf and the box. It's an absolute joke. The last time I was in there they tried to sell me a SAVVOX 1258 for $124.99. LOL
Old 09-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

If you dont like Hobbytown Gilbert than dont go there.
they cater to there racers just like the tracks that run offroad
cater to there racers.Corp. has rules as to how close each Hobbytown
can be to each other if you dont like it to bad.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Last time I drove my van to W3 it cost $50 in gas. I love racing but cant afford $200 a month just for gas. not to mention there's no way i'll make the weeknight races with an hour ride to and from home.
Besides its not east vs west. I dont care if they have 10 tracks in the west, as long as we have someplace to race on the east side.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Initiate

I just had an idea...
will one of the cart tracks have a drivers stand so we can have some epic 8th scale on-road battles??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.