Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Diggin the new layout...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Malign R/C
Thats pretty lame, for sure keep that crap at home. There are always kids walking around and it would suck for one of them to walk by someone smoking weed. It will give the kids the wrong idea and their parents as well.
The kids may be able to score better stuff than the the guys smoking have
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
The kids may be able to score better stuff than the the guys smoking have
Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hear a lot of complaints about why tracks or shops can't stay open. SRS has a unique niche in the RC world but I see big red flags. I won't bring my kids to the track or let them race due to the issues I see. As a parent, having a safe and clean environment is critical. The bathrooms are a mess and it looks like no effort is made to keep them fixed or clean. Why is the hallway to the bathroom such a mess - tell someone to use a darn mop once in a while. Improve the access and lighting around the bathrooms - tell me the bathroom access in front of the oval stand is ADA accessible. The cursing and stomping around is dumb. As I mentioned already, the pot smoking is ridiculous and those that are there doing it are not people I want to be around.

I like that the new awnings are up - that is an improvement.

It's not my business, I'm only a customer but if I won't bring my kids to check out something that I enjoy then that is saying something. Would my kids like to race in a kids class with Traxxas cars? Heck yes. Will I bring them now? Nope.

I wish success to SRS and the shop... I'll continue to come out when I can but I can only imagine how good it could be. There is a commitment needed to doing things right.

My rant is over.
JP
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Track looks awesome guys!

Hey all, I left some Spy Kubrik Sunglasses up on the timers table a couple weeks ago, anyone seen them? they have silver stud deals on the side.

$50 reward for safe return... lol
Attached Thumbnails SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-33963.color.sunglasses_shinyblackgrey_image.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Emaxx3
I hear a lot of complaints about why tracks or shops can't stay open. SRS has a unique niche in the RC world but I see big red flags. I won't bring my kids to the track or let them race due to the issues I see. As a parent, having a safe and clean environment is critical. The bathrooms are a mess and it looks like no effort is made to keep them fixed or clean. Why is the hallway to the bathroom such a mess - tell someone to use a darn mop once in a while. Improve the access and lighting around the bathrooms - tell me the bathroom access in front of the oval stand is ADA accessible. The cursing and stomping around is dumb. As I mentioned already, the pot smoking is ridiculous and those that are there doing it are not people I want to be around.

It's not my business, I'm only a customer but if I won't bring my kids to check out something that I enjoy then that is saying something. Would my kids like to race in a kids class with Traxxas cars? Heck yes. Will I bring them now? Nope.

I wish success to SRS and the shop... I'll continue to come out when I can but I can only imagine how good it could be. There is a commitment needed to doing things right.

My rant is over.
JP
Regardless of what this guy's "issues" are I had a blast Wednesday night. The new track layout is a lot of fun. The atmosphere is good and the people there are pretty nice and always helpful. Thanks to srs and their crew for a fun place to race.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Azslayer
Regardless of what this guy's "issues" are I had a blast Wednesday night. The new track layout is a lot of fun. The atmosphere is good and the people there are pretty nice and always helpful. Thanks to srs and their crew for a fun place to race.
no issues. Just some thoughts on a Thursday afternoon. I think the track is awesome but things could be improved and made more friendly. I realize it takes a lot of coin to put in new layouts as often as SRS does... It is appreciated. Maybe I need to smoke some dope and chill.
JP
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

no issues. Maybe I need to smoke some and chill.
JP
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Up with hope, down with dope... LOL
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

My rant is over.
JP
Someone must have pissed in my Cheerios this afternoon... Sorry for the above rant. I realize I was an ass. Apologies.
JP
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

emaxx3 it needs to be said & heard by many! but the bottom line is srs as a hole needs work from the front with staff & the staff running the track! watching this past year of racers coming & going tells a huge story if you pay attension.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kakenballs
emaxx3 it needs to be said & heard by many! but the bottom line is srs as a hole needs work from the front with staff & the staff running the track! watching this past year of racers coming & going tells a huge story if you pay attension.
I respectfully disagree Kraken. As a new racer, the staff in the shop has been nothing but helpful to me. And as far as the track staff, Mike Beaver does a great job with upkeep on the track and directing the club races. He was also very helpful to me when I was learning to wrench on my truck.

I think SRS is a great place to race and it is one of my favorite tracks in the valley. In my opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My rant is over.
JP
Wow. You wont bring your kids out because the bathrooms are not clean and well lit? Thats fine, but as far as the weed is concerned, i read one post about someone complaining about some guys smoking weed, but really is it a problem? Is the track covered in smoke? I have not seen or smelled any evidence of either when i visit the track. I guess your point is that srs is not family oriented? Srs is an RC track frequented by all sorts of folks, but if your looking for a daycare with clean restrooms, this may not be the place. I think the problem is the adults come out to play and bring the kids, and the kids run wild.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 01-19-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what the heck is with all the drama about racing TOY CARS?!?! We are just lucky to have so many choices around this valley. If you don't like it, race somewhere else! Keep the drama to yourself. I don't get it....
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

I love racing at SRS. It's fun and competitive plain and simple. It was the first track I raced at a year ago when I got into this hobby. Ricky Gaynor, Mike Beaver, Thomas, Ryan and the rest of the staff have been nothing but friendly and above and beyond helpful to me from day 1. I've had good days and bad days there but overall the track is fun and top notch as are most of the tracks here in the valley. Theres not a single track in Metro phx that I would tell someone; "Dont go there!"

Not saying anyone is wrong or right. That's just my experience at SRS, so I thought I would share it, since everyone who has any kind of complaint seems to air it online, I will air my positive ones.

For those that haven't had good experiences, come out to SRS tomorrow and race Round 1 of the Saturday series. Come see me and I promise I'll be nice and do whatever I can to help you out. If nothing else you can take solace in the fact that 25% of your entry fees went to the Wounded Warrior foundation.

We're havin fun here guys. Making friends, getting better at driving. Lets not lose sight of that. If anyone needs a hug, come see me.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.