Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mHOUPS
is there a credit application we can fill out?
HAHA! They are gonna sell the tickets through tower so we can choose the easy pay option.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hostile33
yes it is just a toy car for 99% of us so why should it be almost 100 dollars just to play with them. whats so different this year from last year that there has to be a 30 dollar price increase? if it is because of that announcer thats bull sh** cuz we have 2 perfectly good ones here kenny brosh & Richard Lake
+ 1 million. I will not be able to make this years race due to an upcoming move but that fee hike caught me by surprise. I ran 3 classes last year and although I don't remember exactly what I paid I know it was around the $125-$150 range....well worth it for the week of running and hanging out with friends. Hopefully this isn't what we get to look forward to with future events around the country.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Hostile, Thanks for the kind words. While I'm not involved with the race this year. I know Scotty's program will be very organized and those who do attend will have a good time, hopefully the price increase doesn't detract from going to one of the best races in the states. Personally still on the fence myself as I was looking at taking my son up with me this year. That can make it difficult for some due to economy. We will have to wait and see. Again thanks for the kind words about announcing, I truly enjoy the calling of the races and seeing friends, both new and old...

TMT---I hope you got the position you were in for, I had a wonderful conversation with the government.

Originally Posted by Hostile33
yes it is just a toy car for 99% of us so why should it be almost 100 dollars just to play with them. whats so different this year from last year that there has to be a 30 dollar price increase? if it is because of that announcer thats bull sh** cuz we have 2 perfectly good ones here kenny brosh & richard lake.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mHOUPS
is there a credit application we can fill out?
I'm gonna need one of those too! With a low, low 22.5% interest rate
Old 01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ringleader
Hostile, Thanks for the kind words. While I'm not involved with the race this year. I know Scotty's program will be very organized and those who do attend will have a good time, hopefully the price increase doesn't detract from going to one of the best races in the states. Personally still on the fence myself as I was looking at taking my son up with me this year. That can make it difficult for some due to economy. We will have to wait and see. Again thanks for the kind words about announcing, I truly enjoy the calling of the races and seeing friends, both new and old...

TMT---I hope you got the position you were in for, I had a wonderful conversation with the government.
A Cactus without Richard? uh oh
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
+ 1 million. I will not be able to make this years race due to an upcoming move but that fee hike caught me by surprise. I ran 3 classes last year and although I don't remember exactly what I paid I know it was around the $125-$150 range....well worth it for the week of running and hanging out with friends. Hopefully this isn't what we get to look forward to with future events around the country.
I kind of think this is something we are going to see more and more...I just attending the Midwest Champs in Ohio, price was 60.00 and no discount for second and even third class. With the cost of everything going up, I'm sure these owners are justified in raising their prices. I'm guessing it is just as hard or even harder on them as it is the racer.

I noticed everyone talking about the price of the race and no mention the price of the tire bill they are likely to incur...don't you guys only get 1 or 2 runs out of a set of tires during this race?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm looking through the thread but I cant seem to find the flyer that is causing all the trouble. Did it get taken down?

Nevermind found it at cactusclassic.com
Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Cactus fee

I just spoke to a Hobbytown employee who told me that Adam is looking at the fee and may be lowering it. Stay tuned and hopefully we will see a price drop soon.

Richard Lake. You need to go homie. It won't be the same without you there.

I'm looking forward to hanging with good friends and some good racing.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F18engineguy
I kind of think this is something we are going to see more and more...I just attending the Midwest Champs in Ohio, price was 60.00 and no discount for second and even third class. With the cost of everything going up, I'm sure these owners are justified in raising their prices. I'm guessing it is just as hard or even harder on them as it is the racer.

I noticed everyone talking about the price of the race and no mention the price of the tire bill they are likely to incur...don't you guys only get 1 or 2 runs out of a set of tires during this race?
i think that's what alot of people are saying the total cost has gone up everyone knows you are going to need multiple sets of dry track tires then the entry fee goes up so it adds to the overall cost
Old 01-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cactus

One of you mathematicians break it down to how much this will cost per minute of run time. Running one class, two and then three. My imaginary friend just about had me talked into racing until I realized how many 30 packs that would cut out of my recreation budget. On the upside they can gross the same ched with 40% less entries there buying tires/parts etc. I'm coming up just to see and hear this announcer rather than to watch Maifield/Fisher/Wheelie etc dice with the other top drivers flying in from around the world. Good luck everyone.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by longlivethe3
One of you mathematicians break it down to how much this will cost per minute of run time. Running one class, two and then three. My imaginary friend just about had me talked into racing until I realized how many 30 packs that would cut out of my recreation budget. On the upside they can gross the same ched with 40% less entries there buying tires/parts etc. I'm coming up just to see and hear this announcer rather than to watch Maifield/Fisher/Wheelie etc dice with the other top drivers flying in from around the world. Good luck everyone.
He must be a heck of an announcer right? $30 x 500 entries = $15,000. Man I am in the WRONG business!

Just kidding I dont know if that is really the reason, just playing off what others have said in the thread. Nothin wrong with a little levity right? I'm still kinda geekin out over the fact that the track I get to go race on twice a week with a bunch of friends is home to the BIGGEST RACE EVER! I feel even cooler now.

Regardless of how much it is I'm always payin money to get my butt kicked so I guess I'm kindof a sucker no matter what right? :P
Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
He must be a heck of an announcer right? $30 x 500 entries = $15,000. Man I am in the WRONG business!

Just kidding I dont know if that is really the reason, just playing off what others have said in the thread. Nothin wrong with a little levity right? I'm still kinda geekin out over the fact that the track I get to go race on twice a week with a bunch of friends is home to the BIGGEST RACE EVER! I feel even cooler now.

Regardless of how much it is I'm always payin money to get my butt kicked so I guess I'm kindof a sucker no matter what right? :P
Agreed Bert, I like the place and really love the folks who race there weekly. Just disappointed there has not been any type of 'official' announcement justifying the price increase to 'keep the natives from getting restless'. The mumbling about the price is something that could have been prevented with some explanation (damage control) to accompany their decision when they made it. The people I hear pissing and moaning are very reasonable people, I'm very curious to seely how this unfolds.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by longlivethe3
Agreed Bert, I like the place and really love the folks who race there weekly. Just disappointed there has not been any type of 'official' announcement justifying the price increase to 'keep the natives from getting restless'. The mumbling about the price is something that could have been prevented with some explanation (damage control) to accompany their decision when they made it. The people I hear pissing and moaning are very reasonable people, I'm very curious to seely how this unfolds.
Excellent points Mr. Tanner!

PS: I'm comin for you pro lite guys soon... Hope ya'll have your strong bumpers on!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
Excellent points Mr. Tanner!

PS: I'm comin for you pro lite guys soon... Hope ya'll have your strong bumpers on!
Ha I can get your bumper to there Mr bert its been... Well let's say almost two years since I stepped foot on to srs grounds but I have been thinking of coming back to bang on some doors and bumpers...
BT
Old 01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YotieKillin
Ha I can get your bumper to there Mr bert its been... Well let's say almost two years since I stepped foot on to srs grounds but I have been thinking of coming back to bang on some doors and bumpers...
BT
You won't do it BT!!!!!!! LOL Hope ya do; it would be great to hang with ya again!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.