Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default electric

From what i've seen with these electric cars , i would recommend running a servo to control the brakes .Those motors have tons of power and may not transfer quick enough to stop your vehicle before you hit the person in front of you .If you are trying to get real serious about running electric 1/8 ,you would be best off to run exactly what tecno rc is using .He is always testing every week and can get decent runtime with his cars
Old 11-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i ran with electric brake last week with my 6 with no issues. Note, many folks are running electric brake. both are good in my opinion. just depends on your preference and driving style. my motivation going with teknoRC conversion is the innovation and essence of their chassis design with the reshifting of motor, battery, and center differential. The balance of my truggy with their kit seems very well proportioned. I can't wait to take it out this saturday. Hopefully, the track will not be saturated this Saturday!!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
I ran my 6 last week with electric brake. its a different feel, but not bad. i was able to do what i needed to do with the electric brake. since my 6 is electric brake, i decided to go electric brake for the 5T to have the same feel. with electric brake, the faster your car is moving, the more break you will have. the less speed you have, the less brake you have. break is proportional to the momentum of your car... with the teknorc conversion + teknorc pinion, you can easily remove the manual brake option and go with the electric brake option.

It's good that teknoRC supports both options.

But you will end up with no brake bias.

Teeforb, what wheels lock up first if you are going down the straight and you brake hard? Front or rear?
Old 11-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

true, no brake baising. but im okay with that. it's kinda hard to say whether the front or rear lock up first.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Teeforb that looks just like mine only I use the nitro clutch option,dan says he likes it better for his driving style & since I pretty much knew nothing about it & nitro is what I know I took his advice. Question on the extra batt pack,why? Do the fan, single servo & transponder use that much power? I just havent seen anybody else do it like that.I run it all off the main packs simply because I hate having extra wires if I can get away without it,thats why I waited till they had the MMM sorted out before I finished my convertion.I dont know if not having a T/B servo & having the extra batt pack will change the weight bias at all relative to the main pack but if its like mine it will handle so much better than the gas version its not funny. I may show up right when the gates open just to see your face on your first run with it,you wont be able to get the smile off your face if you remember how your gas truck felt. They really balanced that conversion perfectly for the elec I have wich is what ever Dan told me I wanted,like I said I knew nothing of choosing motors & batts I just trusted TEKNO & am glad I did. I was faster with the truck conversion on the first night then I was with my nitro buggy that has like 5-6 races on it there & hadent touched a truggy in over a year & threw some random set-up on it.Thats how good a job they did on that thing.BTW Dan set me up with a new batt that may get 20min if the weight dont ruin the handling.See ya sat.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

so whats the word?

new layout???
clay???

i cant wait to race next weekend!!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

I jus like to make things complicated!!! two reasons, 1) insurance for my electronics. many folks have had issues with previous ESC and their BEC went out and fried their electronics. im sure the MMM V3 is good, but i dont want to take that chance. battery is only 8 bucks. the servo, fan, personal transponder, and reciever takes about 100mah per 5 minutes. that's 10% of what i need for a 5 min qual. so, i decided to go with it. im sure i can do without, but i like my setup. if i get tired of the complication, i'll remove it. ima tecki guy, so sometimes i like to go the complicated route.

in terms of brakes, electric is fine for me. i was able to do what i needed last week with them.

yea, Tekno RC 5T conversion is NICE. it looks VERY WELL balanced. i can't wait to get out there this Saturday. i will be there around 1:30 to 2pm. hopefully the track is dry by then!!!

see you all there on Sat. Hoped everyone had a happy turkey day!!!

Originally Posted by butch man
Teeforb that looks just like mine only I use the nitro clutch option,dan says he likes it better for his driving style & since I pretty much knew nothing about it & nitro is what I know I took his advice. Question on the extra batt pack,why? Do the fan, single servo & transponder use that much power? I just havent seen anybody else do it like that.I run it all off the main packs simply because I hate having extra wires if I can get away without it,thats why I waited till they had the MMM sorted out before I finished my convertion.I dont know if not having a T/B servo & having the extra batt pack will change the weight bias at all relative to the main pack but if its like mine it will handle so much better than the gas version its not funny. I may show up right when the gates open just to see your face on your first run with it,you wont be able to get the smile off your face if you remember how your gas truck felt. They really balanced that conversion perfectly for the elec I have wich is what ever Dan told me I wanted,like I said I knew nothing of choosing motors & batts I just trusted TEKNO & am glad I did. I was faster with the truck conversion on the first night then I was with my nitro buggy that has like 5-6 races on it there & hadent touched a truggy in over a year & threw some random set-up on it.Thats how good a job they did on that thing.BTW Dan set me up with a new batt that may get 20min if the weight dont ruin the handling.See ya sat.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Default RACING SAT NIGHT

ANYONE UP NORTH HAVE ANY UPDATE'S ON THE TRACK CONDITION'S FOR SATURDAY RACING ?? PLEASE POST ANY INFO
Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just left the track .It was flooded pretty good.We got all the water pumped,Looking pretty good for tommorow Dan and a few others will be out early in the morning to do some last minute touch ups.If your coming from San Diego you might want to give Dan a ring in the morning.
951-760-4573
Old 11-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It looks like I will not be working tomorrow, so maybe Pres and I, will try to get out there early enough to help out. We will see how that goes in the morning.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

is it that bad? what is the percentage that it is operational tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Default racing SAT NIGHT

It's not sounding to promising for sat make in a couple weeks
Old 11-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

So.....are the races still on?? It seems like that track could suck up water pretty quickly.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

what time is a good time to call Dan tomorrow to know if it's a go or not?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Default racing SAT NIGHT

Brandon i will call you sat around 10 am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.