Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default SATURDAY RACING

Attention Racer's tonight as we speak , Right hand side of track is being changed for the final race of the SUMMER SIZZLE AT ARC RACEWAY !!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds great....can't wait for tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wow it was freezing as fawk! but it was pretty good race.. though what happen to rest of the racers? did they just quit?
Old 10-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

jjjjj
Old 10-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, cold it was!!! I guess being used to the 90+ degree weather, and then have it drop only into the 40's maybe? Sure seems COLD!

Oh well, there was some GREAT racing thats for sure! Both the Sportsman Buggy, and Expert buggy had some good battles shape up. I know in mine (Sportsman buggy) it was close at the end. After having the TQ, and getting caught in a tangle in the first lap with a car jumping into my lane, I had to fight back from 7th+ spot. I went for the pass, on 1st & 2nd in the last lap, and ended up with the short end. but hey, thats racing. Ended up 3rd. Still had enough to take the series though *happy happy*! Not too bad, for only the second time driving my new D8.

Expert Buggy was great too! Some close racing going into the last couple laps!

Overall, it was an awsome series. Had a blast over the past 4-5 weeks. The turn out was still pretty good with, i think, 90+ entries yesterday? Thats enough to have some good competition, and have a great time.

Looking forward to the next series. Hopefully I will have some driving time with the new car by then, and see what I can do in the expert class!

I think it is time to change the Avatar picture.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Just wanted to give props. to the whole ARC crew; from the spectators, racers, and all the way to the Director. ARC is definately one of the most enjoyable tracks I have been to. Dan and Gary definately put on a good show. I am sure I speak for all the racers, special thanks to all the people/manufacturers who sponsored the series and the track.

Sportsman A-main had a great battle come down to the last few turns. Expert A-main for me was fun but stressful at first; not cool when you have to get a part of your buddy's car right before your race and right after he gets done with his main!

Can't wait for the new layout!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

what time does races typically finish on Saturday?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
what time does races typically finish on Saturday?
depending on turn-out of course, but typical club race if starting at 4pm, could end between 9-11pm. The series races, which started at 2pm where ending about 9pm +/-?

The 2pm start time is cool, but for me, if i have to work a saturday getting there by 2 can be challenging. Luckily it has worked out the last weeks, and I was able to get off early on a couple of sat's.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah at the expert A main i started 11th, wind up into 2nd or 3rd for first few laps.. then it looks like some madness bumping going on.. haha.. I cant complain, its RACING, no one wants to lose. yeah me and one of the friend (mike) were battling eachother.. sometimes it is hard not to bump when hands are way freezing! lol.. i could have just been stuck on full throttle if it was icy! haha..

But I still had great time, great competitions,
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have to add this, I like the dirt at ARC.. it doesnt kill the tires so quick like many other tracks. yet it could stay wet pretty good. I enjoyed the new layout, i though there should be more action on the further right section, it was long flats from the s turn all the way to the straight way. I figured they just didnt have the time to shovel all the dirt over there or something?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

dirtydez, glad you liked the change up in the layout. We figured we would like to do something to change it up. There are a handfull of us who did bust our butts Friday night to get that dirt moved. Luckily we had a tiny Bobcat there that they used to fix a leak out in the parking lot or there probally wouldn't have been any changes. the bobcat had to leave at 6:00pm so A LOT of the dirt was moved by hand. thats why there was the reminiscing (?) of the lil hill before the triples from the old lay-out. If we had more time with the bobcat, we would have probally put something in the lane going away from the driver's stand. Personally, i liked coming on to the straight full throttle hugging the turn, if i can only have got the loop to count my laps when i hugged that turn. HHHHmmm?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry for missing the last series race. I had to work Saturday. With the start time at 2 pm, made it impossible to make it. Glad the series was a success and looking forward to the next one.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Great job ARC for an awesome series. The track and facility just keeps getting better and better. I really enjoyed this layout the best of all as there was a little bit of everything. I have been racing since a few weeks after ARC opened and each week they make improvements not only to the track but the program as a whole (not that much is needed). Anyways, I can't wait until the next big race, series, or club race. Congrats to all winners.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stipres
dirtydez, glad you liked the change up in the layout. We figured we would like to do something to change it up. There are a handfull of us who did bust our butts Friday night to get that dirt moved. Luckily we had a tiny Bobcat there that they used to fix a leak out in the parking lot or there probally wouldn't have been any changes. the bobcat had to leave at 6:00pm so A LOT of the dirt was moved by hand. thats why there was the reminiscing (?) of the lil hill before the triples from the old lay-out. If we had more time with the bobcat, we would have probally put something in the lane going away from the driver's stand. Personally, i liked coming on to the straight full throttle hugging the turn, if i can only have got the loop to count my laps when i hugged that turn. HHHHmmm?
I have no complains, and i figured that out when i got to the track. But what water leaks?? thats no beuno!

that was wow that the water broke and leaked up on the straight way! did someone run into it or what??
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

so when is the point standing be posted up on arc page? just curiousy no rush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.