Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OSherman
The tires are 'unique' to the SLASH.. Smaller diameter than 1/8 Buggy and Crawler Tires... Bigger diameter than normal 1/10 scale truck tires.. Narrower than all other off-road tires..

I think we will be fine with the kit tires in the cool/damp track conditions.. Will be sketchy when it's dry..

Anywhoo.. I will be out there this saturday with my SLASH.. Come one, come all.....

The 2 that ran Saturday looked really good. I want one. Actually I'm waiting for the Slayer. I enjoyed watching them go around the track. The realism is awesome.

Anything is somewhat sketchy in the dry....
Track conditions during racing is really good. They are watering the track when needed.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys!
i just figured out about this track, im down in oceanside
ive got an e crt.5
is there a race class for me?
can i race against the nitro truggies?

also thinking about getting a slash, is there, or is there going to be a class for them?

and when is it the least crowded? ive only been to a track like 3 times ever, id like to start practicing and competing eventually
maby on like wednesday or thursday right when it opens?

Look forward to meeting some of you....
track looks awesome! im glad you moved it down closer to me :P lol
Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dirtfreak15
hey guys!
i just figured out about this track, im down in oceanside
ive got an e crt.5
is there a race class for me?
can i race against the nitro truggies?

also thinking about getting a slash, is there, or is there going to be a class for them?

and when is it the least crowded? ive only been to a track like 3 times ever, id like to start practicing and competing eventually
maby on like wednesday or thursday right when it opens?

Look forward to meeting some of you....
track looks awesome! im glad you moved it down closer to me :P lol
I think the Slash class might take off well. As for the crt, its been out for a while and never had a very good class. Don't be dis-couraged by this, have fun with what you have and I am sure what you have will fit into some class. I think electric 1/10th scale would work for your crt.
99.99999% of racing classes is 1/8th scale buggy and truggy. 1/10th scale gas truck is all about nil for the last year.

Have a practice day or 2, then join on a race night. You gotta try it. Friendly compition is fun.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was running the black Monster Energy Slash truck last Saturday and had a blast. They're a little slow, don't handle very well and not much traction, but it amazing how fun they are to drive- just a totally different experience.

I really hope that we get a good turnout going for these. Anybody that's got one needs to bring it out and run with us this Saturday. Guaranteed fun!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 PM

u sure the 1/8 buggys / truggies would let my crt race with em?
i dont think the 1/10 scale trucks would stand much of a chance....
lol
maby ill have to convert a x1 crt

if the slash class takes off im defenatly getting one! maby around christmas time ill pick on up.
ive got my new motor comming in the mail in a week or two then im comming out there

the the track pretty crowded on saturdays?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Not sure you want to be out there with the 1/8 scales. There was quite a bit of bumping going on. I luckily survived a head on crash as I entered the back straight and someone missed the double and landed on the wrong side. My buddy wasn't so lucky. He broke a rear upright during the truggy a-main when someone came in hot into one of the turns and t-boned him.

I'll bring my e-CRT next time I'm out and run with you.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I brought my CRT.5 with me and there was only one other one out there, so we didn't run. But I keep mine in the car with me and it's ready to go at all times.... I wish more were running more often, truggy gets boring sometimes.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:27 PM

there, we got 3 of us :P lol
that slash racing sounds prettf un right now...
i hope that takes off!
i need to email the medusa company and see whats up! i want a motor so i can come out and drive on the track!!

if i convert a truggy would they let me race with the normal truggies?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Saturday's results?

Tech5, did you get the results posted? Were you going to post them here or on the ARC website? I really had a great time racing also, if I had a better pit and last lap I think I could I would have caught you in the main. Next time I'll put that ole Mugen right in there with your Kyosho / "Sirio powered" (nudge-nudge-wink-wink ) truggy and we'll go head to head!

You going to practice tonight?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I won't be at the track tonight. getting ready to break in another "sirio". I will be there Saturday. I am going to ask Dan tonight for the results, if he still has them so I can post them on here. I had alot of fun racing last weekend also. I did learn that I need to bring lights for my pit area. I can't wait for saturday. I think we had the biggest class! Metz, are you racing this saturday? Bring on the Slash's!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i'm looking forward to run my Crt.5 out there soon, but first is round #4 of the JBRL series I think after the weekend of Aug.2 I can run with you fellow mini drivers.

DJ
Ofna Racing.

Originally Posted by CRT.5 Racer
I brought my CRT.5 with me and there was only one other one out there, so we didn't run. But I keep mine in the car with me and it's ready to go at all times.... I wish more were running more often, truggy gets boring sometimes.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a crt.5 for sale pm if interested.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dirtfreak15
there, we got 3 of us :P lol
that slash racing sounds prettf un right now...
i hope that takes off!
i need to email the medusa company and see whats up! i want a motor so i can come out and drive on the track!!

if i convert a truggy would they let me race with the normal truggies?
There were three Tekno Losi 8ights running in sportsman truggy last weekend with one of them winning the a-main.

If you are interested in converting a CRT send me a PM. I may have just the thing for you...
Old 07-09-2008, 05:05 PM

ive already got a converted crt.5
and im considering selling my yokomo drifter and buying a slash, but only if they are going to make a class for it.
anybody?
i might to a 1/8 truggy someday lol

why doesnt arc have their own forums? even some free ones?
also... any video of some laps on the track?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

I took a little bit of video but I haven't even had a chance to look at it yet. Not sure if it will be worth posting. I'll take a look and possibly get some clips up shortly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.