Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Video... Sweet!

I can't wait to see what I missed! I'm sure glad to see your such a great supporter of our hobby.

Thx, G.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Went out to the track for practice tonight, talk to Dan and looks like the track will open at noon on saturday and racing will start at 3pm
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, website updated with current hours of operation/racing.

Looks to me the Slash class should be run as thier own class. Dan will make a class for them if enough show up. With 2 of them last Saturday and several others that have them, they should be showing up for racing.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I was one of those 2 Slashes, but I won't be able to make it this Sat. I was up there today for practice, it was a lot of fun, some big names showed up later on.

@ DirtFreak
What Medusa motor are you planning on running in your CRT.5? Check out impaktrc.com, they carry a couple different winds you might be interested in. By the way, I won the sportsman truggy with a 1300kv 60mm Medusa motor powered by 6s lipo on a MM and came in 6th in buggy with a 2200kv 50mm Medusa, 4s and a MM so they're definitely good motors.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

REMINDER TO ALL RACERS: GATES TO OPEN AT 12 THIS WEEK WITH RACING STARTING AT 3. HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU THERE!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I was one of those 2 Slashes, but I won't be able to make it this Sat. I was up there today for practice, it was a lot of fun, some big names showed up later on.

@ DirtFreak
What Medusa motor are you planning on running in your CRT.5? Check out impaktrc.com, they carry a couple different winds you might be interested in. By the way, I won the sportsman truggy with a 1300kv 60mm Medusa motor powered by 6s lipo on a MM and came in 6th in buggy with a 2200kv 50mm Medusa, 4s and a MM so they're definitely good motors.
I saw it with my own eyes... I was really impressed with the Matthew setup!!! Nice clean bottom end.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Saturday's results?

Tech-5, my Slash is on order, probably won't have it for this weekend though. Have you received yours yet?
Wen't to practice last night, tried running that troublsome V-spec motor I was running on the 4th, even with a "good" piston & sleeve it was still giving me fits. It ran fine on the bottom, but flamed at wide open whether it was rich or lean. Do you know anything about shimming the head buttons on those? I think I need to take out some shime, but am looking for reliable confirmation. I am currently running 3-shims (2 thin & 1 thick). I have been told I should be running 1 thin, any input is appreciated...
Not sure on Saturday, but my magic 8-ball is telling me "NO", if I shake it again prior to Saturday I will let you know.
Did you get the Saturday results?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dan said that he has the results but more than likely they wont be posted before this weekend. This weekends results will be posted per the website. Hopefully we can expect a good turnout this weekend! I am thinking of getting a best of paint competition together before the qualifiers start. The winner would receive a prize. You have to race the body that you enter in the contest. Let me know what you guys think. I would also like to get pics of the top three in each class and have them posted on here. I do not know how to post pics but if one of you would like to help me out with this let me know also. Take it easy
Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metzman
Tech-5, my Slash is on order, probably won't have it for this weekend though. Have you received yours yet?
Wen't to practice last night, tried running that troublsome V-spec motor I was running on the 4th, even with a "good" piston & sleeve it was still giving me fits. It ran fine on the bottom, but flamed at wide open whether it was rich or lean. Do you know anything about shimming the head buttons on those? I think I need to take out some shime, but am looking for reliable confirmation. I am currently running 3-shims (2 thin & 1 thick). I have been told I should be running 1 thin, any input is appreciated...
Not sure on Saturday, but my magic 8-ball is telling me "NO", if I shake it again prior to Saturday I will let you know.
Did you get the Saturday results?
It should have one thick and one thin shim. What plug are you running? Also, are you still running the blue carb boot? If so, when it gets hot, it expands and wont seal off the carb. Try a ziptye on the boot near the inlet neck, or get a black VG or Nova boot. I run Vspec's and have been through all the problems and have found that a P3 works 95% of the time, then when it's Satan's underbelly hot, I use a P6.

You also might want to check your front bearing, that is a common symptom of a leaking front seal....HTH
Old 07-10-2008, 01:46 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i ordered a 36x50 3300kv V2 (the new ones...) u got an old one or new one?
and im running a max amps 3s 5k lipo

i might get a slash around december some time and start racing
ive got school coming up so i cant be blowing money
Old 07-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRT.5 Racer
It should have one thick and one thin shim. What plug are you running? Also, are you still running the blue carb boot? If so, when it gets hot, it expands and wont seal off the carb. Try a ziptye on the boot near the inlet neck, or get a black VG or Nova boot. I run Vspec's and have been through all the problems and have found that a P3 works 95% of the time, then when it's Satan's underbelly hot, I use a P6.

You also might want to check your front bearing, that is a common symptom of a leaking front seal....HTH
Thanks for the help! Only the 2 shims even with 30% nitro fuel? Just changed the bearings, TKO ceramics, I'll double check the front bearing anyway.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

By any chance was there a Monster Truck Class last weekend??
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metzman
Thanks for the help! Only the 2 shims even with 30% nitro fuel? Just changed the bearings, TKO ceramics, I'll double check the front bearing anyway.

Thanks again for the help!
No problem, let me know if I can be of further assistance....
Old 07-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H.A.H.
By any chance was there a Monster Truck Class last weekend??
Nope - 90% buggies and truggies and the one 1/10 electric class. I wouldn't mind seeing a MT class run every once in a while.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 07-11-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.