Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

They said they would ship the new cell on 3/1 (they would ship it that day) and its now 3/13 and it still isnt here and isnt coming today. Don't get me wrong, I really like promatch stuff, but this order has been more hassle than its worth. It only costs a little over a dollar more to ship priority, so I think in the future they should really do that in cases like this. I think the big difference is that priority still ships during weekends while UPS ground sits still. Its not absolutely urgent, I can get by without it, but why should I have to wait so long to get what I should have gotten in the first place.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

AERacer- Since I don't know who you are I am not sure of the circumstances surrounding your replacement cell, whether we had to wait for a cycle of cells to come out with a matching cell or what the case may have been. I agree that we made a mistake and sent you the incorrect packs on your initial order but I'm not quite sure where we went wrong other than that. We sent you the correct replacement packs that had a "bad" cell and now we are replacing the cell (no questions asked). You are more than welcome to send back all of your packs for a full refund. It's a lot easier to resolve any "issues" if you give me a call 928-855-2226

Erika
Old 03-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

AERacer- Again since I don't know "who" you are so I am unable to find the location of the "missing" replacement cell.

We ship USPS at the customers request. It is a service we provide just not our service of choice.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey PMRGirl....you get that desk "issue" resolved? Or did you handle it yourself?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

promatchrcr- no, now I have to wait for a "technician" to come and check it out
Old 03-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

you don't need a technician - I can help you out..

Turn the power switch ON..

There, better, right?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctoyguy
you don't need a technician - I can help you out..

Turn the power switch ON..

There, better, right?
wait.. let me plug it in first. (what are we talkin about exactly? ) rctoyguy..when you coming out to cali with jay to race with us?

Erika... call you tomorrow?
Old 03-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

rctoyguy- ha Hub was bad Oh by the way what does the A stand for in A-train is it APRON?????????

hebiki- had comp. problems and no internet all day yesterday, very frustrating. Got it fixed this a.m.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

no, you didn't... I know you didn't just dis the A-Train name... I'm sure you'll take it back when you hear that the name comes from your buddy promatchrcr... He and some other guys used to travel in a convoy to races, they called the convoy the Alabama Train - or A-Train for short.

Long live the A-Train! Woooo Wooooooooooo
Old 03-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Oh how cute!! Chugga chugga choo choo! "I think I can, I think I can!"
Old 03-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

I've only been at this stuff for about 2 years, so you can pick at me... but now you are getting into some "old-timers" stuff... Recognize any of these names? Willie Scott, Lucky Battle, Charles Rosato, Jay Simpson, to name a few... The naming thing was them, (not that I disagree with it) - but you are stepping on their toes now...

Here comes 'da Train! woooo wooooooooooo

Old 03-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Willie Scott , vaguely remember the name......

Lucky hmmm.....I have some jeans with that tag on them

Charles- is it Pen Or Teller I can't remember

Jay- Now there is a name I know!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Lord

Default Differences in Shipping....

so i was chatting with Erika today about the differences in shipping... and here's what i found out.

UPS automatically insures your package and gives you a tracking number. it lets you track the package all the way up until it arrives at your door, and you sign for it.

USPS... also has a tracking number, and insurance but has to be purchased separately.

here's what i learned where UPS is different from USPS.

USPS scans the package and considers your package delivered once the postal worker picks up his load to deliver for the day. so if he comes in at 8am, and he gets car jacked at 8:01am... your package is "labeled" delivered already on the electronic tracking number. The post office might not know who that driver is, when it was picked up (they might work an afternoon shift, etc).

UPS on the other hand, scans your package again when they hand it to you or if they leave it at your doorstep, backdoor.... they'll scan it, and that'll be noted on the tracking number. the time, place and driver will also be on there. thats why promatch prefers UPS.

if something gets lost, it will be easier for a company like promatch to determine where the package got lost. (i.e. in transit, stolen from your front door, etc. they will get refunded the money, and the end consumer will get their new/replacement battery packs faster.)

just an explanation i thought id share. i learned something today and i felt like sharing.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

to go even further. usps priority and express mail has no guarantee of delivery time. Priority says 2-3 days. if it is slower, which I have had happen, there is nothing the post office will do for you. they won't even put a tracer on the package until after their normal air mail delivery has expired. Which is 10 days.

the only nice thing is that I have a Box at the post office and no one can get into it. on the other hand ups only drops your package at the door. most of the time if they reach your house before 5pm, they don't even ring the bell. I have talked to UPS and even if you put that it must be signed for by an adult, they really don't care about that.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Lord

erika.. got my confirmation email. SWEEEEET! i get to race again. btw... were there any stickers included? im running low thanks again! im headed to socal (if it rains) to run my car...if it doesnt rain.. some set up testing at the Tamiya track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.