Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
take my advice and go with the xray stuff, now lot of people not happy with there 720, too much maintanance needed. as for the xray almost no maintanace is needed after each practice or even a race day....
are you for real ? not sure what ur on about man, 720 is great car, no wear no setup problems at all. just ask the fastest Xray driver in WA. fortunatley a good friend, hes finding ways to make up time now that im driving a 720 not a TM. so get ya facts right hey, you know ? means you have had nothing to do withthe 720, and your taking other peoples word for it. maintenance is nill. 3 meets nothing wrong with the car, infact it was put ont he track out of the box, and i have just played with some very minor settings. like to race against you one day man with ya Xray. ill be finding a 2 lap Xray tow rope now rather than 1. seen a sticker the other day,was quite funny, might change it a little. attatch Xray here to make faster..... you dont know whats going on here, so dont get involved.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
are you for real ? not sure what ur on about man, 720 is great car, no wear no setup problems at all. just ask the fastest Xray driver in WA. fortunatley a good friend, hes finding ways to make up time now that im driving a 720 not a TM. so get ya facts right hey, you know ? means you have had nothing to do withthe 720, and your taking other peoples word for it. maintenance is nill. 3 meets nothing wrong with the car, infact it was put ont he track out of the box, and i have just played with some very minor settings. like to race against you one day man with ya Xray. ill be finding a 2 lap tow Xray tow rope now rather than 1. seen a sticker the other day,was quite funny, might change it a little. attatch Xray here to make faster..... you dont know whats going on here, so dont get involved.
GOLD, well said!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

sorry guys, dont want to take away what the thread is about. so back to TM now hey.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

are you for real ? not sure what ur on about man, 720 is great car, no wear no setup problems at all. just ask the fastest Xray driver in WA. fortunatley a good friend, hes finding ways to make up time now that im driving a 720 not a TM. so get ya facts right hey, you know ? means you have had nothing to do withthe 720, and your taking other peoples word for it. maintenance is nill. 3 meets nothing wrong with the car, infact it was put ont he track out of the box, and i have just played with some very minor settings. like to race against you one day man with ya Xray. ill be finding a 2 lap Xray tow rope now rather than 1. seen a sticker the other day,was quite funny, might change it a little. attatch Xray here to make faster..... you dont know whats going on here, so dont get involved.
theressss ssssome sssserious venom here man
Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
theressss ssssome sssserious venom here man
i just hate that people SAY when they have never run the car themselves. there is nothing wrong with the 08 720, nor the original that i used before hand. ill never say a bad word nor assume , about a car i have never run. and i hear the 09 720 is better than the 08 mine goes well, maybe user error for one to assume, but untill he tries it, the snake will bite.
ps, i enjoyed my time driving TM. i tried many things and got some ok results with the car when others had issues. now i have a good car, im expecting better results this year, as you would be as well Mike. i have nothing against the Xray, and i know they go well, that car is my main competition every race, and im sure the Xray driver will say the same about the serpent. why dont you come down to SA for the titles Mike, we can catch up, and you can try chase the snake of mine......... j\k
Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys, seasons is starting and I need to true some tires on my G4 I picked up in the off season. What is a good front & rear tire diameter/split Im used to running 2mm on my original v-one RRR, will that be ok or do the belts and pulleys change the internal drive enough from the kyosho so that that wont be correct? btw, any news on the earlich edition g4?
thx in advance.

Mike
Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Little_Mike
hey guys, seasons is starting and I need to true some tires on my G4 I picked up in the off season. What is a good front & rear tire diameter/split Im used to running 2mm on my original v-one RRR, will that be ok or do the belts and pulleys change the internal drive enough from the kyosho so that that wont be correct? btw, any news on the earlich edition g4?
thx in advance.

Mike
depends on the transmission used. i see in your Sig that its a G4RS. correct split is 1.8mm so you can start off at that for qualies, and for longer mains you can make that a bit bigger so the car stays consitant for longer.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

ouch sorry for telling my opinion, lots of things i guese have changed since the last year, i am assuming that part quality might now be better or the fact that the support there is better. anyway sorry for the comment i know how you feel.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

depends on the transmission used. i see in your Sig that its a G4RS. correct split is 1.8mm so you can start off at that for qualies, and for longer mains you can make that a bit bigger so the car stays consitant for longer.
perfect, thank you!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

i just hate that people SAY when they have never run the car themselves. there is nothing wrong with the 08 720, nor the original that i used before hand. ill never say a bad word nor assume , about a car i have never run. and i hear the 09 720 is better than the 08 mine goes well, maybe user error for one to assume, but untill he tries it, the snake will bite.
ps, i enjoyed my time driving TM. i tried many things and got some ok results with the car when others had issues. now i have a good car, im expecting better results this year, as you would be as well Mike. i have nothing against the Xray, and i know they go well, that car is my main competition every race, and im sure the Xray driver will say the same about the serpent. why dont you come down to SA for the titles Mike, we can catch up, and you can try chase the snake of mine......... j\k
hey I know what your saying mate if you havent seen it or tried it etc etc why comment on it??? I would love to get over to my home state SA to do some racing and catch up with some old and new friends, possibly next year thou? it gets $$$, going to sydney for the states this year cost me more than a new 09 xray NT1
cheers
Old 04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

hi guys,
want to ask, im very new to clutch setups. is it ok if i set my clutch gap 0.2mm, end play 0.3mm, 0.5mm spring tension gap? our track here its on a low grip/a bit loose.

thanks.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

here is my car for the upcomming season. it's ready to go. some new stuff and some old stuff. HOA and MWS here i come.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0019.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0017.jpg  
Old 04-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qcrc
here is my car for the upcomming season. it's ready to go. some new stuff and some old stuff. HOA and MWS here i come.
Nice one, all the best for the upcomming season

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
hi guys,
want to ask, im very new to clutch setups. is it ok if i set my clutch gap 0.2mm, end play 0.3mm, 0.5mm spring tension gap? our track here its on a low grip/a bit loose.

thanks.
From how i understand clutches, a .2mm clutch gap will make a softer engagement probably better suited to your loose track, it could be a little small though, you might want to try .4mm

Your endplay seems a bit excessive, i don't like to have anymore than .1mm endplay. If you have to much endplay it can make the clutch engage more sudden and snap your rear around

.5mm spring tension sounds fine for a starting point. What spring are you using on your clutch?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qcrc
nice ride there mate....
Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
Nice one, all the best for the upcomming season

From how i understand clutches, a .2mm clutch gap will make a softer engagement probably better suited to your loose track, it could be a little small though, you might want to try .4mm

Your endplay seems a bit excessive, i don't like to have anymore than .1mm endplay. If you have to much endplay it can make the clutch engage more sudden and snap your rear around

.5mm spring tension sounds fine for a starting point. What spring are you using on your clutch?
for the extra info, im using stock red spring, red centrifugal shoe, single flyweight.
0.4mm clutch gap and 0.1mm end play.
its like totally the opposite from manual. wont it prematurely kill my shoe clutch due to slip?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.