Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hpipro321
no factory guy runs the aftermarket chasis
I wonder what they do to stop the tweak? I now have installed concave washers under my screws on the top deck, it has helped a little .
Old 03-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

by the looks of it in the picture that rocco posted,all of the factory xray drivers are running chassis that were made special for them by xray.i could be wrong but they did not look stock.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by protc3
by the looks of it in the picture that rocco posted,all of the factory xray drivers are running chassis that were made special for them by xray.i could be wrong but they did not look stock.
Thanks Jason, I had my doubts that this chasis was being used for carpet. Don't get me wrong it's a great concept but I (me personally) feel that it tweaks to easily. By the way Jason what colour fibre do you offer the T2 in. I bought a titanium coloured Pro4 from you about 4 months ago and thought the craftsmanship was excellent.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Lord

thanks buddy.right now i just have gloss black(standard carbon fiber) in stock.i will be making them in satin finish also.i ran off the last of my titanium carbon with the first run of kits.i am probably gonna stick with the 2 styles of black for this kit. i want to try to keep it simple for manufacturing them and also keeping inventory.when i offer a bunch of colors i have to carry that much more inventory without knowing what will be the most popular.so far the gloss and satin seem to be the favorites.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by protc3
thanks buddy.right now i just have gloss black(standard carbon fiber) in stock.i will be making them in satin finish also.i ran off the last of my titanium carbon with the first run of kits.i am probably gonna stick with the 2 styles of black for this kit. i want to try to keep it simple for manufacturing them and also keeping inventory.when i offer a bunch of colors i have to carry that much more inventory without knowing what will be the most popular.so far the gloss and satin seem to be the favorites.

Hey Jason I got a question for you, I noticed someone at my track talking about there being an issue with one of the rear hubs being more than 1*, then some one else said it was in the chasis, have you found there to be any variance in the bulkheads when fabricating the T2 chasis??
Old 03-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Lord

on the kit i used to make the chassis from,i couldnt find anything off on the chassis or bulkheads.i have heard some people had problems with holes in the bulkheads varying a little but the one i had here was good.the chassis holes were spot on and so were the hubs.i did find that it was a little difficult to get the top deck on without tweaking it a little and the rear upper bulkheads tweaked the car from the shocktower mounting with no way of alligning it.it was not a major issue that could not be resolve i just needed to pay close attention to the assembly.this is the reason why i went with countersunk screws on the top deck and shock towers.it allows for good allignment and take alot of the work out of the assembly.this was the only way i could find to make the car go together straight every time.this also got the rear toe very close to equal.with the total amount of parts in these touring cars you will have tolerances in each piece.they will accumulate and cause a little tweak here and there but it is not bad.at least the kit i have.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What a bummer, I was really looking forward to getting a Titanium BMI Kit
Old 03-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Lord

what made you decide against it?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Lord

i can get the material,i will see what i can do.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

I'll get the black if thats all you have but I love the look of the Titanium.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well got my t2 chassis from BMI last night and tested it today. all i have to say is its a work of art. my t2 was more consistent from lap to lap since i got the car. i didnt change my setup or anything just put the chassis on and away i went. thanks jason for another awesome product.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

no problem jack smash.just let me know if you would like to wait a bit for the titanium and i will see when i can get some.

goop,
thats great to hear buddy.can you post a pic of your car with the black chassis kit on here.i would like to see it race ready in black.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

cool jason, I'll definately wait. Hit me up when you think you'll have it.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Jason, the kit looks good... thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
Drive your new T2 first then post what you would like to see different.

After racing the car, my opinions still stand, as previously mentioned.

The T2 has a buttload more cornerspeed than i am used too. The AE car does not in ANY way carry that much speed. It is easy to pull two to three car lengths on a car ahead of you in each corner, that previously could not be caught. Checking up to avoid hitting someone doesnt just involve lifting the throttle anymore, its definitely a different feeling. I cant gear the T2 in anyway like the FT, i was alot higher in the T2 for gear. I had alot to learn in a few short runs, as far as driveline is concerned. As far as rollcenter adjustments, they vary greatly, and in my opinion need to be a little bit finer. Tweak was not a problem. If there was any tweak, it was tire wear induced, and not only did i get hit hard, i hit it hard a few times myself (guy sitting at the end of the straight, stopped, and i nailed him full throttle... it just dinged the body and foam bumper... wow).

For servo clearance, and room to mount my electronics, i opted to mount my servo earless/mountless, and use servo tape/shoe goo. The servo does not move... each time something was hit, i was expecting it to pop loose, but it didnt. Well see how long it lasts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.