Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Strong, I will be putting in a order soon too!!! I was so impressed with this car I ditched the old xrayroooahhhh signature on here for a tamiya logo and different name!!!

I'll try the springs and get some spares to start with....I think a double fan to get some extra gearing into the car.....and I'll try some Hpi Advan carpet tires next time out!!!!

R

Originally Posted by strong
As far as upgrades........I just received an order yesterday and replaced both plastic diffs with metal........The plastic are fine I just think I did not tighten one of them enought.......I also have front universals and a kimbrough servo saver.......I did have yellow springs but went back to the silver........To me the car dont need much upgrading....Might try front oneway.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well......second race night tommorow.....picked up some springs....and I am updating the Tekin (needed more speed!!) I'll update when I get back from racing!!!

Any news on your ride Strong??

R
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I have an issue with front ride height, I can't get it below 7,5mm.

I use Tamiya TRF dampers.

Should I use the shorter springs ?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yep....shorter springs and adjust the collar on the damper for ride height...

R
Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by R.I.P
Yep....shorter springs and adjust the collar on the damper for ride height...

R
Ok, thanks. How to adjust it was clear to me, but the collar was all the way to the top so I couldn't adjust any further.

Ordered them
Old 06-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Suspension blocks

New to Tamiya T05-R
I understand the differnece between the inside block and out block sets toe
1B-1A = 0.5 toe, but what does the XB signify? I noticed the X_ are straight while the 1A is a bridge. Was the X_ just to lower the COG of the block?
Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by C&B RC
New to Tamiya T05-R
I understand the differnece between the inside block and out block sets toe
1B-1A = 0.5 toe, but what does the XB signify? I noticed the X_ are straight while the 1A is a bridge. Was the X_ just to lower the COG of the block?
That could also be for front or rear version (the one where the belt goes under).

I have a TA05 and use the blocks that are supplied with the TA05R kit.

The cog is adjusted by using shims (they can also be used to set anti-dive and anti-squat).
Old 06-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tjello
That could also be for front or rear version (the one where the belt goes under).

I have a TA05 and use the blocks that are supplied with the TA05R kit.

The cog is adjusted by using shims (they can also be used to set anti-dive and anti-squat).
Found my answer:

0.5 degree difference between each block.
Widest to narrowest goes

E, D, C, B, A, X, XA, XB, XC, XD
Old 06-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there a manufacturer that makes a top deck that is still available ?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by C&B RC
Found my answer:

0.5 degree difference between each block.
Widest to narrowest goes

E, D, C, B, A, X, XA, XB, XC, XD
The XB should create somewhere around 0.5° toe-in for the rear suspension. Using the XB mount in the front w/ bridge mount 1A will create toe-out on the arms. The XB mount is primarily used on the TRF415 series, but you can use it for the rear only on the TA05-R.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wondering if anyone can help....

The question is on sway bars.....we run on carpet (primarily) just wondering if anyone has found the sway bars to help....needed....and mostly what they in theory do for the handling of the car....

Thanks in advance,

R
Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tjello
Is there a manufacturer that makes a top deck that is still available ?
Not for the Tamiya chassis; no way to mount even a custom upper deck b/c the motor mount is in the way. Can't design it to go outside the mount as it will whack into the motor itself. Also there's no way to tie it into the front bulkhead w/o tweaking either the upper deck itself or the front chassis brace.

You can always buy the 3Racing carbon fiber chassis kit, which comes with an upper deck. But then again, IMO it's not a TA05 series any more; just another aftermarket kit that happens to have a few Tamiya parts attached.

I've kept my R completely stock, and it's fine the way it is if you ask me
Old 06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Just wondering if anyone can help....

The question is on sway bars.....we run on carpet (primarily) just wondering if anyone has found the sway bars to help....needed....and mostly what they in theory do for the handling of the car....

Thanks in advance,

R
Stabilizer bars help the car stay flat during cornering; i.e., they prevent the car from rolling side to side. The thicker the sway bar, the more it helps keep the inside wheels during a turn planted on the ground.

Without sway bars, the car's weight slings in the opposite direction of the turn, and reduces traction on the side of the car that is going in the direction of the turn.

Oh yeah - by the way, they do help. Throw a set on, and watch how easier it is to control the car diving into a turn
Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply.....do you have any experience as to what color to use front and back??

R

Originally Posted by dragnse7en
Stabilizer bars help the car stay flat during cornering; i.e., they prevent the car from rolling side to side. The thicker the sway bar, the more it helps keep the inside wheels during a turn planted on the ground.

Without sway bars, the car's weight slings in the opposite direction of the turn, and reduces traction on the side of the car that is going in the direction of the turn.

Oh yeah - by the way, they do help. Throw a set on, and watch how easier it is to control the car diving into a turn
Old 06-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Suspended

Thanks for the quick reply.....do you have any experience as to what color to use front and back??

R
I prefer to use the thickest (blue) bars for both the front and rear, but that's my preference. I'm slicing corners at stupid speeds, nice and tight, but I race in the open class now b/c of my motor size.

I don't quite know how your radio is dialed in for steering, so I would recommend starting out with the factory settings; med for the front and soft for the rear, and then go from there. They set the rear softer than the front so that the sway bar doesn't fight against the shock springs in the rear as much, and lets them do their job keeping traction and push for the car.

I push down each shock, one at a time, and check to see if all the tires are still on the ground. This shouldn't be a problem, especially for any of the TA05 series though.

Red = soft
Yellow = medium
Blue = hard

Anyways its a good place to start. You can first dial in the steering, and if that's not enough, beef up the front w/ a heavier bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.