Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by strong
Can someone tell me what might be the reason my TA05 wants to pull hard left when I give it throttle now........It's been running so nice but now when I give hard throttle it pulls left.Anyone else had this problem before............Never mind found problem.......Rear diff melted.
I've also had this problem, one time a tire came loose of the wheel and the other time the diff was broken.

It could also be servo mounting or a battery that doesnt have enough power (when the battery gets drained when accelerating, the power drops below a certain point and the servo doesnt stay in it's position).
Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks......In the future I can watch for these problems.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I dumped my T3 last week (this was definately not the car for me!!!) I had all sorts of problems getting rear traction.....VERY frustrating!!!

I bought 2 Ta05's for my son and me to run in VTA.....but I don't have 21.5 motors yet so I am going to put the tekin in and run 17.5 tonight!!! I am running the car completely stock (even mini dampers and silver springs!!) We typically get some of the faster guys in western canada to run against....should be a good test!!! I am glad to hear Strong is kickin' it and just from the little bit of living room time......this car is planted....going to run JACO blues the first night.

It's good to know there are other guys having success with this chassis and I'll update late tonight....and I'm sure ask some questions!!!

R
Old 06-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Suspended

I just retired my TA-05R this week. It will now be a shelf queen instead of a rocket queen I've owned it new for almost three years and original parts for it are getting to be a pain to replace. It can now sit next to my TC5, which will keep me happy throughout the summer.

Doing donuts w/ a mamba max pro/ 7700kv, 5000mah 40C 7.4 lipo does this to HPI belted pro radials:

old ride:

new ride:
Old 06-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow.....great night of racing!!! Last qualifier I ran 32 laps...exact same as 2 xray t3's...cyclone.....t2008....I finished 4th but 5.02 seconds out of first!!! Remember the TA05 is BONE stock...I had to turn in the rear droop screws to give the back end a little help.....I also needed to boost the Tekin more for speed....next time.....but infield handling was AMAZING!!!!

R
Old 06-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm looking into getting parts for my second-hand ta05, how do i know what version it is by looking at it (it's got no IFS)?

If i were to pick up a new carbon tub chassis by tamiya would it matter what version the rest of the car is?

The current chassis look like this:

it has open aluminum bulkheads and uses "short reversible suspension arms" (tamiya spares that came with it).

Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_square24
I'm looking into getting parts for my second-hand ta05, how do i know what version it is by looking at it (it's got no IFS)?

If i were to pick up a new carbon tub chassis by tamiya would it matter what version the rest of the car is?

it has open aluminum bulkheads and uses "short reversible suspension arms" (tamiya spares that came with it).

there are 2 types of tub-chassis, one for the earlier version of TA05, the other is for TA05v2, which one is yours? the picture that you posted is the one for the earlier version of TA05. That's how you differ the 2 types.regardless whether it's IFS or not.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodo
there are 2 types of tub-chassis, one for the earlier version of TA05, the other is for TA05v2, which one is yours? the picture that you posted is the one for the earlier version of TA05. That's how you differ the 2 types.regardless whether it's IFS or not.
does the version number apply to the tub only or the rest of the car as well? would I be able to use a ver2 tub if my car has the pictured tub (earlier version as you say) at the moment?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Suspended

does the version number apply to the tub only or the rest of the car as well? would I be able to use a ver2 tub if my car has the pictured tub (earlier version as you say) at the moment?
I suggest going to the tamiya web site and doenload the pdf manual for your ta05. The rocker arm setup for the front laydown shocks are different, and the holes for the suspension bridge mounts are different. D/l the manual so you will know what your options are.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

if you have an origional ta05 the carbon tub number is 53893
Old 06-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Xrayroooahhhh........Glad to hear your having good luck with the ta05 so far.........To me it a nice car with great handling.......At my track there is xrays...Tc5....serpent....And the serpent is the only car that gives me problems.......He has better motor and tires than me.........But with the right setup and tires I feel I can hang with most of them in the 19 turn class.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Why don't you post an actual picture of your car? That might help better than a linked-to picture.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_120_133
Old 06-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Strong,

The other guys running have had more recent wheel time than myself....and I know 1 of the guys in particular....was just killin everyone on the straight...I'll put on some different springs.....get all the boost out of the tekin and see where it goes.....but agreed....this car out of the box is really good....especially considering the money!!!

Let me know how your racing goes....and what upgrades you are doing...good luck!!!

R

Originally Posted by strong
Xrayroooahhhh........Glad to hear your having good luck with the ta05 so far.........To me it a nice car with great handling.......At my track there is xrays...Tc5....serpent....And the serpent is the only car that gives me problems.......He has better motor and tires than me.........But with the right setup and tires I feel I can hang with most of them in the 19 turn class.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xrayroooahhhh
Strong,

The other guys running have had more recent wheel time than myself....and I know 1 of the guys in particular....was just killin everyone on the straight...I'll put on some different springs.....get all the boost out of the tekin and see where it goes.....but agreed....this car out of the box is really good....especially considering the money!!!

Let me know how your racing goes....and what upgrades you are doing...good luck!!!

R
As far as upgrades........I just received an order yesterday and replaced both plastic diffs with metal........The plastic are fine I just think I did not tighten one of them enought.......I also have front universals and a kimbrough servo saver.......I did have yellow springs but went back to the silver........To me the car dont need much upgrading....Might try front oneway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.