Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Is the battery holder the same as the TB-02? Maybe the TB-02R CF plate will fit..
It's the same layout with TB02/03/04. and TB02R CF will fit too.

However, TechRacing one is lighter...
Old 08-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I installer the tech batt plate last night, simply dremmelled the posts whitch the retainer srews go in down a few mm, now you can adjust the height so that it hold the cells securely.

I also put on the Tech low top deck, and was a bit bummed that you can no longer access the battery corally plugs, if you orientate them on the inside of the chassis, and the cells dont sit flat if you orientate them towards the outside. I guess i will just have ot plug the rear connector on before i insert the pack, the forward corally plug can just be installed.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Initiate

hey guys, im in the midst of saving for a touring car and am unsure what car i should get, im thinking either a mi2 s1 or a ta05, im veering towards the mi2 as it comes with cvd's, better shocks, dual deck, stabalisers, but am still undesided so any thought would be grealty apreciated

thanks,,, 180sx
Old 08-18-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default front sway bar

I am having some problems trying to install the front sway bar correctly. I followed the instruction and clipped the inner corner of the front upper gear case and installed the sway bar per instruction. Without mounting the front shocks, when lifting one front arm, the other arm doesn't move up like it should. And both front arms become very stiff with the bar (yellow one) on. However, the rear sway bar seems to work fine and no binding whatsoever. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by Supra66
I am having some problems trying to install the front sway bar correctly. I followed the instruction and clipped the inner corner of the front upper gear case and installed the sway bar per instruction. Without mounting the front shocks, when lifting one front arm, the other arm doesn't move up like it should. And both front arms become very stiff with the bar (yellow one) on. However, the rear sway bar seems to work fine and no binding whatsoever. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I didn't have to clip the gearcase when using the 415 swaybars on my TA05, so I never bought the 05 sway kit, but the sway should not bind regardless. All I can suggest is make sure the set screws are loose and is moving freely then begin to adjust the bar so both arms move correctly which may mean have to adjust the length of the cup connectors to the arm!
Hope this helps!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by 180sx
hey guys, im in the midst of saving for a touring car and am unsure what car i should get, im thinking either a mi2 s1 or a ta05, im veering towards the mi2 as it comes with cvd's, better shocks, dual deck, stabalisers, but am still undesided so any thought would be grealty apreciated

thanks,,, 180sx
TA05 is cheeper then the MI-2, but you will have to buy hop-ups at some point. I was able to incorporate a lot of hop-ups from 04, and 415 parts to the 05 so in the long run it was a lot less expensive for me! I'm very happy with the handling of the car using my own set-up that I thought would work.
You may not have the same options as I had but still enjoy the end results!!
Good Luck!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Red face dongskie

Originally Posted by Dongskie
Hi! I would gladly suggest you use a 102t/64pitch spur gear, this would give you more gear ratio choices. On a 27t motor use 35t/64p to 39t/64p pinion, on a 23t motor use 33t/64p to 37t/64p pinions. The lower pinions will give you better acceleration, eg. on a technical track.

Good luck!

TNX dongskie. been wanting to go home to PI, How are the tracks there? asphalt ba or carpet? where do you race? Its been a long time since I've been home miss the Pinas and all the beautiful Pinays.

question.
suspension blocks, which one to use? for the front and rear. What does it do? is it for roll center?

Last edited by cheehtae; 08-18-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default 64 Pitch Spur Gear?

Hello,
I am new the the TA05.
I am wondering if I can put a 64 pitch spur and pinion combo in the car?
I am running stock rubber?
OR do I have to run the 04 gear setup
Thank you for the help!
Dave
Old 08-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Supra66
The sway bar is tweaked or bent. Take it back out and lay it on a flat surface to see. Either that or the ball ends rod lengths aren't even.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maxepower
TA05 is cheeper then the MI-2, but you will have to buy hop-ups at some point. . . .
The reason I would suggest the TA05 is a combination of the base cheaper price, the fact that he is new and the fact that upgrades will be needed in the future.

Because he is new, he will have a lot of breakage. In which case he will be able to replace the parts as they break with better parts. Note that even the best cars break. In fact, the suspension of the TA05 is one of the more durable available because it is a softer material version of the suspension arms, which are thicker than the latest and most competitive arms, yet in time, he will be able to upgrade to the better arms -- which are already available. Buying a more expensive car will generally not stop you from crashing (a more expensive servo will sometimes reduce crashing, but generally not the rest of the car), nor will a more expensive car generally be more durable.

Also, it is beginning to look like properly upgraded and setup TA05 can be competitive with cars very close to the best available.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Hello,
I am new the the TA05.
I am wondering if I can put a 64 pitch spur and pinion combo in the car?
I am running stock rubber?
OR do I have to run the 04 gear setup
Thank you for the help!
Dave
Yup, that's what I use.. I have 105 tooth 64 pitch spurs, they can be from any manufacturer, so availability is not a problem. I have a 103 and 104 as spares.

With that, I have a range of 28 to 41T pinions (I have them so low because of my 1/12), but use 41T for Tamiya Sport Tuned motors, and 35T for 19T.. not sure about stock, though...

Or, if you want to stick to metric .4 gears, the TRF415 102T spur will fit, or the Evo III/IV spurs. The TA04 ones are too big, though.. 105T is the max (106T may work, but is pushing the clearance limits of the chassis), and Tamiya will be releasing their own TA05 105T Spur gear sometime...
Old 08-21-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just finish a race (doesn't get good score, human error ), and here is my car after race.

Car weight with IB3600 cell, Rayspeed Accord body, 1523g only, just made our local rule 1525g everything on.

Gonna order mid one-way and front one-way next month, so it will get a bit heavier
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-dscn4880s.jpg  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

hey ttso,
where did you get your carbon fiber top deck? does it make the car stiffer?
did you race on carpet?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cheehtae
hey ttso,
where did you get your carbon fiber top deck? does it make the car stiffer?
did you race on carpet?
I got them from ProShopFutaba, it makes car lots stiffer in pitch axis, roll axis only improve a little.

No, I race on asphalt only. Using the 2F will make the traction fade a little, but I like the solic feel...
Old 08-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You just need to get the Evo IV carbon bumper brace like I did, and you're all CF'ed out, until the R comes to replace those front and rear braces...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.