Old 04-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So how many TA05's are there, 16? :-D

That MS looks awesome.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I had a chassis warp bad on my TA05. I had the a notch milled into it for a Maxamps Lipo I had( ). Without the notch it may not have gone bad. That flex helped me plant those rubber tires on carpet. It was a cool car. You have to learn to love and tune around the bow.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
So how many TA05's are there, 16? :-D

That MS looks awesome.
Hey...hey...hey...don't you come here giving us grief.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hebiki
how the hell do you quality control how a molded chassis cools?

I think Tamiya should CNC machine the tub chassis out of a solid piece od Carbon Reinforced Plastic just to prove to AE they can do an untweaked tub chassis

It's very entertaining to me (being very new to the car), since I actually took some time to read everyone's ranting for the past several years about the issues, to see the same things being disscussed.....

Let me start another fire: should I hop-up a TA05 or get aTRF415.....is this car better that the TB02.......what's the best hop up.........hey, this chassis is tweaked???
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

nice pix trf_racer. so when's the next scheduled release for the next batch of photos?

To be Announced
Old 04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

nice pix trf_racer. so when's the next scheduled release for the next batch of photos?
What's with the Black and White publcations in Japan? Can't they afford to print in color?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Double Quattro
What's with the Black and White publcations in Japan? Can't they afford to print in color?
Who cares if it's black and white, at least they have the latest news!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Hey...hey...hey...don't you come here giving us grief.
Hahhaa, sorry man. The joy of the TA05 is partially in its simplicity. Seriously, though, how is that MS version not directly competing with the 415MSXX?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Let me start another fire: should I hop-up a TA05 or get aTRF415.....is this car better that the TB02.......what's the best hop up.........hey, this chassis is tweaked???

See, usually when someone claims they've read back through the thread, you can never be sure.

But seeing you bring up all those issues, you DEFINITELY read through the whole thread!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
And you know this....man I've always wondered what the 05 would be like with a DD CF Chassis.

You're just as much of a whore as I am
And then there's my collection Jay Bee. I guess I can leave my (2) Porsche's in the box unmolested now !

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Ya Know, Chris. Chassis Whore isn't accurate. Chassis Slut is more appropriate. Whores do it for money. Sluts do it cause they like it.
That would make me neither. I keep my old ones and restore them as shelf queens unlike others we know.....
Old 04-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I think Tamiya should CNC machine the tub chassis out of a solid piece od Carbon Reinforced Plastic just to prove to AE they can do an untweaked tub chassis

It's very entertaining to me (being very new to the car), since I actually took some time to read everyone's ranting for the past several years about the issues, to see the same things being disscussed.....

believe it or not.. the TB-02 TWEAKS TOO! (surprise surprise... plastic tub). the tweak on the TB-02 can get bad too if you put in the CF stiffner on the bottom the wrong way. i still think the TB-02 is the better car for low powered motor situations (GT2 and GT3 TCS racing)

one thing to think about.... you can hopup a TA05 (at your own pace/budget) and get it equal to the TRF415 in terms of cost. but here's the kicker. the chassis for a 415 is $80? a new plastic tub is only $10 for the TA05. $50 for the carbon tub.

now if you've been running the TA05 for a long time and you like it. why switch? ultimately, the 415 probably carries more cornerspeed. but just wait until the TA05MS comes out. that should equal out real quick.

btw.. i sent you a PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hahhaa, sorry man. The joy of the TA05 is partially in its simplicity. Seriously, though, how is that MS version not directly competing with the 415MSXX?
Tamiya is definitely headed for a "Yokomo" situation. They avoided ti as long as posible by not having any team guys run the 'budget' car at any big event(especially not a hopped up version), and holding off with the plate chassis of their own.

But now, with the MS coming out, its clear that there is nothing seperating the MS and 415MSXXXXXXX in terms of high performance intentions.

So we'll see what happens between the two. Tamiya will probably solve it all by releasing a 416 soon.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
It's the difference between a Kia Rio and a Honda Accord...quality is worth the $
*cough*
I drive a Kia Rio, it's not THAT BAD!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
And then there's my collection Jay Bee. I guess I can leave my (2) Porsche's in the box unmolested now !

That would make me neither. I keep my old ones and restore them as shelf queens unlike others we know.....
No you're wrong Kevin.... YOU ARE TRULY THEE TAMIYA SLUT
Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Tamiya is definitely headed for a "Yokomo" situation. They avoided ti as long as posible by not having any team guys run the 'budget' car at any big event(especially not a hopped up version), and holding off with the plate chassis of their own.

But now, with the MS coming out, its clear that there is nothing seperating the MS and 415MSXXXXXXX in terms of high performance intentions.

So we'll see what happens between the two. Tamiya will probably solve it all by releasing a 416 soon.
Guys,

I do agree with Darkseid. If anyone is happy with an either TA05 or TA05R in stock, best to save $ by adding those bling bling Tamiya alum parts that are really expensive...

My view on the TA05MS:

- Wondering why was there a need for TA05MS after the recent launched of

1. TRF 415 MRE
2. TRF 415 MSXX
3. TA-05R

From these latest pics, we can clearly seen that the TA05MS is actually a production version of the Tamiya 30th anniversary car with bits of TRF415
MRE, MSXX retained.

Back to Darkseid comments:

There is no need to join the hype about TA05MS if you already a owner of the above chassis and you are happy with them because Tamiya need to come up new products every month to have you go out and slide that 'plastic card'...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.