Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

maxepower- I guess us RRR guys are lucky to be racing alongside TAOB, and CoBroRa!! We always seem to help each other get faster and faster!! Whether it is advice with setups, driving or even parts support, we just keep pushing each other to be faster and faster. The best part is that we have a great time doing it!!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xcal
Just wanted to know if any one uses the TRF Damper Set Specials... are they worth the money or would i be beter off just getting a set of 3Racing Dampers?
The 3Racing stuff is alright, if you are on a budget but to be honest, the TRF shocks are in a complete other league in quality and smoothness.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:18 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i gotta break down and get the TRFs, no more excuses.

same likely goes for you.

-ult
Old 01-14-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

I havent seen this been mentioned before in this thread (did a search) but tech racing has released a High Gear Drive Unit for Tamiya TA05 with 18T centerpulleys. Might be intresting to some of you guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TTA180-Tech-Raci...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I wasn't til recently, but that's because I've been running on carpet with foams. Anything else and it would come off. I currently run the Tech upper deck. But even when I worked on the 415 to get it right, it was close, but not as good for me. I'm sure on asphalt it will be closer between the 2.
Originally Posted by Ghostfit
Civic and Wester, .....bet you guys are running some form of upperdeck right ?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

No upper deck here. just a lot of run then tweak time although last night I struggled a bit.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Upper deck??? is there one from Tamiya?

Also, does anybody know what the compound is on the rubbers that came with the kit?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by maxepower
Well that proves that it's all about set-up . You obviously have your 05 dialed while your buddy is struggling to find one that he can drive. Be a buddy and help him out and then the two of you can race along side each other and find out who really is the better driver. I can't tell you how many times I've help a friend or a newbie on making suggestions on how to set -up their car!
When I first started I relied on the kindness of more experience racers to point me in the right direction, so I too could go out there and just have fun banging fenders with friends!
This is what racing is all about!!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xcal
Just wanted to know if any one uses the TRF Damper Set Specials... are they worth the money or would i be beter off just getting a set of 3Racing Dampers?
TRF Dampers are the way to go. These shocks are very smooth and easy to build that a lot of the drivers from other manufactures (Xray, Schumacher and Losi) all ran the TRF shocks before they basically copied the design for their own cars.

A note on the 3 Racing products, some of their stuff are very good, some are questionable. We had a few of their TC4 conversion kit where the aluminum were kinda cheap and thin and the graphite were not of the best grade either. However, we have yet to receive the new TA05 chassis kit so I'll hold off commenting on that, but from pass experience, most of their stuff are good, but some are not up to par for serious racing.

Steve Wang
Old 01-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Folks,

I plan on buying a TA05 in the next few weeks and would like to know what are the recommended parts to buy with it for my situation.
I race on a 80x40 carpet track that's typically pretty technical. I currently run a TC3 and I think everyone else is running an Xray.

What I'm looking for is a recommended setup for 27t stock and a list of parts I should buy when I buy the car. The shop does not stock Tamiya parts, so I'd like to have spares of parts that are expected to wear/break.

Thank you!
Old 01-15-2006, 07:15 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

steve, thx 4 my order, saved me havin those extra diff joints.

like to know when more of them and univs will be in stock again.

in addition when is that finned motor mount available. even w/motor heatsink, i just cant seem to pull the gear others are w/o everythin gettin really toasty.

stuck @ 22/81 (8.28:1), whereas others are well down into the 7s. got very good 3800s to push em and the esc is more than capable (hitec hrx).

using older EA epic cans fresh cuts and good brushes. bout ready to go get new motors from them to see if its the prob. but i'll say, when u have some new drivers in stock (granted other cars) w/off the shelf motors and slightly inferior batts pullin on you hard, it doesnt sit well. thx

-ult
Old 01-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
steve, thx 4 my order, saved me havin those extra diff joints.

like to know when more of them and univs will be in stock again.

in addition when is that finned motor mount available. even w/motor heatsink, i just cant seem to pull the gear others are w/o everythin gettin really toasty.

stuck @ 22/81 (8.28:1), whereas others are well down into the 7s. got very good 3800s to push em and the esc is more than capable (hitec hrx).

using older EA epic cans fresh cuts and good brushes. bout ready to go get new motors from them to see if its the prob. but i'll say, when u have some new drivers in stock (granted other cars) w/off the shelf motors and slightly inferior batts pullin on you hard, it doesnt sit well. thx

-ult
We should see more parts next Tuesday

Steve Wang
Old 01-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Here's a few pictures for our Project XR05. Should have the first article up by the end of the week.

Steve Wang
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-aluminum_resize.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-graphite_resize.jpg  
Old 01-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do like those Alloy bulkheads..... mmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just need the centre bulkhead and it will be complete.

cant wait to fee the finished product.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm VERY TASTY and i like the carbon fibre as well mmmmmm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.