Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default RR Floating Body Mount on V-One S

Yes... you guessed it.... I want that floating body mount again !

Are these all the parts I would need to put it on?:

VZ098 - Rear Body Mount Posts
VZ088 - Metal Tube Thingy
VZ083 - Plastic Parts

I already have the turnbuckles.

In an earlier post you mentioned that I'd need screws and nuts for it squizzy, can you please please please please list them.... size and all if it's not too much trouble ?

Thanks

P.S. The swaybars will still fit on won't they?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

I may be rong, but by the looks of the fotos that were posted u will loose use of the rear sway, cause it will just hold the pod up on you.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

yes they will fit

the sway bars have a pivot ball setup so they can move up and down i thinks
Old 03-05-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

They do have pivot balls... you can also adjust the height.

Still... my questions remain unanswered !
Old 03-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by xGSiR
What is special about the V-One RR Kyosho CUP Car?

Does it come with the engine, tune pipe?
It has a shimo chassis.
Kinda like RTR except no radio gear?

The black heatsink looks cool. Suites the V1RR.

Man i swear its been so tempting the last few days. For some reason i just feel like getting a V1RR, but the use of a starter box is hell annoying >.<
I think the point here is that this is the spec car for the V-one-R/RR Kyosho cup class. As per thier rules you can only use Kyosho hop-ups. This is an addition of an extra class to the existing cup which is for v-one-s' only.

gt

Old 03-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: RR Floating Body Mount on V-One S

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Yes... you guessed it.... I want that floating body mount again !

Are these all the parts I would need to put it on?:

VZ098 - Rear Body Mount Posts
VZ088 - Metal Tube Thingy
VZ083 - Plastic Parts

I already have the turnbuckles.

In an earlier post you mentioned that I'd need screws and nuts for it squizzy, can you please please please please list them.... size and all if it's not too much trouble ?

Thanks

P.S. The swaybars will still fit on won't they?
4 x 2.6x20 mm with nylock nuts
2 x 16 x 3mm self tapper round head

Thats all

gt

Old 03-06-2003, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Wait wait, so to race in the Kyosho Cup, you got you only HAVE Kyohso hop ups?

No other brands like k-factory or something?

Also, isn't that rear floating pod mount effective mainly for the LOLA body types? Thats why the V1RR you could have a LOLA as an optional body cover or the Stratus.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:59 AM
Tech Addict

thats right xGSiR
Old 03-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Wait wait, so to race in the Kyosho Cup, you got you only HAVE Kyohso hop ups?

No other brands like k-factory or something?

Also, isn't that rear floating pod mount effective mainly for the LOLA body types? Thats why the V1RR you could have a LOLA as an optional body cover or the Stratus.
I havent looked at the rules that closely, I will and get back to you.
Onto the mount, yes it will be more effective on a high downforce body but it will still be effective on any body having anything more than minimal downforce on the rear of the car.
The way it works is;
With normal mounts, the downforce is transferred directly onto the suspension lowering the ride height at speed.
With the floating mount the downforve is transferred directly onto the wheels giving the Magical effect known as TRACTION!!!!!!!

gt

Old 03-06-2003, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

I believe using the normal mounts we loose around 80% of our downforce in the suspension.
So think of all that pressure pushing down, what happens when u r on a real high speed track and u find a bump, well i rekon itll either work as though there is no suspension on it, or something will give way from 2 pushes acting against each other.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by squizzytaylor

The way it works is;
With normal mounts, the downforce is transferred directly onto the suspension lowering the ride height at speed.
With the floating mount the downforve is transferred directly onto the wheels giving the Magical effect known as TRACTION!!!!!!!

gt

ahhh now i understand. So its just that wing like peice that is causing that effect or is there more to that mount?

watch out though, with the wing like peice, it could make your V1RR fly since it has a fast engine
imagine that though! I seen cars go so quick the whole car flipped 360 deg! then landed back on its wheels.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

ahhh now i understand. So its just that wing like peice that is causing that effect or is there more to that mount?

watch out though, with the wing like peice, it could make your V1RR fly since it has a fast engine
imagine that though! I seen cars go so quick the whole car flipped 360 deg! then landed back on its wheels.
V-one-s; No it works brilliantly...if you dont believe me , spend the $30 ans see for yourself!
Last time I raced I cleaned up a car on the straight that had stalled and went about 10 foot high and 20 foot off the track, no big deal just a linkage adjustment........so I thought, really a bent chassis. But Thats racing

gt

Old 03-06-2003, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

V-one-s; No it works brilliantly...if you dont believe me , spend the $30 ans see for yourself!
Last time I raced I cleaned up a car on the straight that had stalled and went about 10 foot high and 20 foot off the track, no big deal just a linkage adjustment........so I thought, really a bent chassis. But Thats racing

gt

LOL! Was that person pissed? If it went that high and far, it would of broken something at least.

Also, if you race, and u accidently knock ur car out and someone elses, what happens to you?
Old 03-06-2003, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

LOL! Was that person pissed? If it went that high and far, it would of broken something at least.

Also, if you race, and u accidently knock ur car out and someone elses, what happens to you?
First and foremost it wasnt the drivers fault, the marshall ran out, went to pick up the car that had stalled, saw my car coming, shit his pants, put the other car back down on the track and bolted, I hit the other car full force on the straight about 1/2 distance and whooshkah..........$110.00 later my car is okay again.
To answer your question nothing happens, be courteous let the quick guys through and run your own race (god i wish i could do that)

gt

Old 03-06-2003, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

First and foremost it wasnt the drivers fault, the marshall ran out, went to pick up the car that had stalled, saw my car coming, shit his pants, put the other car back down on the track and bolted

AHAHA! I would have love to see that. I could picture that scene.
So once you stall...your out of the race? Aiya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.