R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2003, 10:56 PM   #1621
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default RR Floating Body Mount on V-One S

Yes... you guessed it.... I want that floating body mount again !

Are these all the parts I would need to put it on?:

VZ098 - Rear Body Mount Posts
VZ088 - Metal Tube Thingy
VZ083 - Plastic Parts

I already have the turnbuckles.

In an earlier post you mentioned that I'd need screws and nuts for it squizzy, can you please please please please list them.... size and all if it's not too much trouble ?

Thanks

P.S. The swaybars will still fit on won't they?
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:59 PM   #1622
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Australia, wollongong
Posts: 740
Send a message via ICQ to V-One S
Default

I may be rong, but by the looks of the fotos that were posted u will loose use of the rear sway, cause it will just hold the pod up on you.
V-One S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:20 PM   #1623
Tech Master
 
sausage_link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melb, Australia
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default

yes they will fit

the sway bars have a pivot ball setup so they can move up and down i thinks
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:24 PM   #1624
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

They do have pivot balls... you can also adjust the height.

Still... my questions remain unanswered !
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:26 PM   #1625
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xGSiR
What is special about the V-One RR Kyosho CUP Car?

Does it come with the engine, tune pipe?
It has a shimo chassis.
Kinda like RTR except no radio gear?

The black heatsink looks cool. Suites the V1RR.

Man i swear its been so tempting the last few days. For some reason i just feel like getting a V1RR, but the use of a starter box is hell annoying >.<
I think the point here is that this is the spec car for the V-one-R/RR Kyosho cup class. As per thier rules you can only use Kyosho hop-ups. This is an addition of an extra class to the existing cup which is for v-one-s' only.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:31 PM   #1626
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: RR Floating Body Mount on V-One S

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Yes... you guessed it.... I want that floating body mount again !

Are these all the parts I would need to put it on?:

VZ098 - Rear Body Mount Posts
VZ088 - Metal Tube Thingy
VZ083 - Plastic Parts

I already have the turnbuckles.

In an earlier post you mentioned that I'd need screws and nuts for it squizzy, can you please please please please list them.... size and all if it's not too much trouble ?

Thanks

P.S. The swaybars will still fit on won't they?
4 x 2.6x20 mm with nylock nuts
2 x 16 x 3mm self tapper round head

Thats all

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 02:37 AM   #1627
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

Wait wait, so to race in the Kyosho Cup, you got you only HAVE Kyohso hop ups?

No other brands like k-factory or something?


Also, isn't that rear floating pod mount effective mainly for the LOLA body types? Thats why the V1RR you could have a LOLA as an optional body cover or the Stratus.
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 02:59 AM   #1628
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Australia, wollongong
Posts: 740
Send a message via ICQ to V-One S
Default

thats right xGSiR
V-One S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:03 AM   #1629
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xGSiR
Wait wait, so to race in the Kyosho Cup, you got you only HAVE Kyohso hop ups?

No other brands like k-factory or something?


Also, isn't that rear floating pod mount effective mainly for the LOLA body types? Thats why the V1RR you could have a LOLA as an optional body cover or the Stratus.
I havent looked at the rules that closely, I will and get back to you.
Onto the mount, yes it will be more effective on a high downforce body but it will still be effective on any body having anything more than minimal downforce on the rear of the car.
The way it works is;
With normal mounts, the downforce is transferred directly onto the suspension lowering the ride height at speed.
With the floating mount the downforve is transferred directly onto the wheels giving the Magical effect known as TRACTION!!!!!!!

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:09 AM   #1630
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Australia, wollongong
Posts: 740
Send a message via ICQ to V-One S
Default

I believe using the normal mounts we loose around 80% of our downforce in the suspension.
So think of all that pressure pushing down, what happens when u r on a real high speed track and u find a bump, well i rekon itll either work as though there is no suspension on it, or something will give way from 2 pushes acting against each other.
V-One S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:11 AM   #1631
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor

The way it works is;
With normal mounts, the downforce is transferred directly onto the suspension lowering the ride height at speed.
With the floating mount the downforve is transferred directly onto the wheels giving the Magical effect known as TRACTION!!!!!!!

gt


ahhh now i understand. So its just that wing like peice that is causing that effect or is there more to that mount?

watch out though, with the wing like peice, it could make your V1RR fly since it has a fast engine
imagine that though! I seen cars go so quick the whole car flipped 360 deg! then landed back on its wheels.
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:21 AM   #1632
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xGSiR
ahhh now i understand. So its just that wing like peice that is causing that effect or is there more to that mount?

watch out though, with the wing like peice, it could make your V1RR fly since it has a fast engine
imagine that though! I seen cars go so quick the whole car flipped 360 deg! then landed back on its wheels.
V-one-s; No it works brilliantly...if you dont believe me , spend the $30 ans see for yourself!
Last time I raced I cleaned up a car on the straight that had stalled and went about 10 foot high and 20 foot off the track, no big deal just a linkage adjustment........so I thought, really a bent chassis. But Thats racing

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:29 AM   #1633
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
V-one-s; No it works brilliantly...if you dont believe me , spend the $30 ans see for yourself!
Last time I raced I cleaned up a car on the straight that had stalled and went about 10 foot high and 20 foot off the track, no big deal just a linkage adjustment........so I thought, really a bent chassis. But Thats racing

gt


LOL! Was that person pissed? If it went that high and far, it would of broken something at least.

Also, if you race, and u accidently knock ur car out and someone elses, what happens to you?
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:37 AM   #1634
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xGSiR
LOL! Was that person pissed? If it went that high and far, it would of broken something at least.

Also, if you race, and u accidently knock ur car out and someone elses, what happens to you?
First and foremost it wasnt the drivers fault, the marshall ran out, went to pick up the car that had stalled, saw my car coming, shit his pants, put the other car back down on the track and bolted, I hit the other car full force on the straight about 1/2 distance and whooshkah..........$110.00 later my car is okay again.
To answer your question nothing happens, be courteous let the quick guys through and run your own race (god i wish i could do that)

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:55 AM   #1635
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
First and foremost it wasnt the drivers fault, the marshall ran out, went to pick up the car that had stalled, saw my car coming, shit his pants, put the other car back down on the track and bolted

AHAHA! I would have love to see that. I could picture that scene.
So once you stall...your out of the race? Aiya.
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my FS in this thread Vincent_666 Australia For Sale/Trade 11 06-30-2007 03:13 AM
HK for sale thread/wanted to buy thread....finally Got Xray? Hong Kong Racing 1 04-06-2006 09:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net