Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Car has been ordered and I also ordered up some extra suspension stuff.

I have decided to try out the HB Imprezza type B body. I like the looks but I am unsure if its any good for running on carpet.
I noticed that HBEurope lists three different Imprezza bodies, Types A, B and C.
But HB US only lists the A and the B. Any thoughts?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

The B is very aggressive, it never had enough rear for me, but if you have mega understeer I guess it'd be quite good.

The C is much better IMO and can be as fast and sometimes faster than the Protoform shells. I still find it has more steering than even an LTC-R but a lot better balanced than the B.
The C is really good on tarmac and if somebody's car looks safe on carpet it should work really well there too.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
Car has been ordered and I also ordered up some extra suspension stuff.

I have decided to try out the HB Imprezza type B body. I like the looks but I am unsure if its any good for running on carpet.
I noticed that HBEurope lists three different Imprezza bodies, Types A, B and C.
But HB US only lists the A and the B. Any thoughts?
Try part number 61733, Type C at the USA site. It is currently out of stock but it is the way to go.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for the info.
I have ordered the Type C instead
Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the Xray Stock caps fit on the HB shock bodies?

And if the Xray Servo Saver will work on the TCX (or TCXX)?
Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Does anyone know if the Xray Stock caps fit on the HB shock bodies?

And if the Xray Servo Saver will work on the TCX (or TCXX)?
The servo Saver should for sure. All my xray stuff is gone to test.

So I just finished the TCXX and my biggest question is with the steering block. Do you guys use the stock servo saver a horn?

I switched to the saver that looks like the xray one. I put it in the middle position and at the max position it hits the steering block. Do you just move the horn 30 degrees towards the outside of the car and call it quits?
Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
The servo Saver should for sure. All my xray stuff is gone to test.

So I just finished the TCXX and my biggest question is with the steering block. Do you guys use the stock servo saver a horn?

I switched to the saver that looks like the xray one. I put it in the middle position and at the max position it hits the steering block. Do you just move the horn 30 degrees towards the outside of the car and call it quits?
here is mine at full lock with standard saver
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-full-lock.jpg  
Old 09-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

So I keep playing with the gear diff. No matter what I do it seems gritty.

I built it according the specs in the manual. I filled it using 1000 cst. It's not like this is my first gear diff I've built either. It just doesn't spin freely. Any tips? Something I should check? When the diff is apart Both haves spin as smooth as butter. When I put it together it is gritty. I have dumped the rear diff and re-filled it.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I built it according the specs in the manual. I filled it using 1000 cst. It's not like this is my first gear diff I've built either. It just doesn't spin freely. Any tips? Something I should check? When the diff is apart Both haves spin as smooth as butter. When I put it together it is gritty. I have dumped the rear diff and re-filled it.
have you tried sanding down the small gears
Old 09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Any chance you weren't missing a washer after all if you know what I mean?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dusttt
Any chance you weren't missing a washer after all if you know what I mean?
No I haven't sanded I will give that a try.

I was missing a washer(thanks nexus). Ordered my spring kits and the front outdrives for the dcj's. But I ordered em and they came in at 5pm. Finished building the car tonight. Just waiting on getting my speedo back.

I am a little skeptical of sanding the gear mesh area though cause everything else moves smooth. Literally when the diff is split in half everything is like butter. So it leads me to think its in the gear on the top half of the diff.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Did you try running it in? Hold one wheel and give it some throttle, then the other. I only have experience with spec-r and ae, but both loosen up considerably after the first couple runs. So don't go crazy with the sandpaper. If you get it really good on the bench before ever running it, it might end up sloppy. :/ It'll definitely be tail happy for those first couple runs, though.

Also, don't sand the mesh area. Just take a bit off the back of the gears so they don't mesh so tight.

-Mike
Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just build it according to the manual and run it. No need to sand anything, it just needs to be broken in.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Did you try running it in? Hold one wheel and give it some throttle, then the other. I only have experience with spec-r and ae, but both loosen up considerably after the first couple runs. So don't go crazy with the sandpaper. If you get it really good on the bench before ever running it, it might end up sloppy. :/ It'll definitely be tail happy for those first couple runs, though.

Also, don't sand the mesh area. Just take a bit off the back of the gears so they don't mesh so tight.

-Mike
Yeah thats what I heard. THat the spec-r and ae just get broken in. After rebuilding the rear end a few times. Im starting to think the actually does need a full break in period.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah thats what I heard. THat the spec-r and ae just get broken in. After rebuilding the rear end a few times. Im starting to think the actually does need a full break in period.
Mine was not by its run in now and smooooth now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.