Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by k_bojar
You know people (with the inside the "biz" knowledge) have said that many, many times some people just refuse to listen...and think because both companies use purple colored aluminum, they must be related...

I know the original owners of Hot Bodies, and they DID NOT SELL THE COMPANY TO HPI!! It was a little hobby shop, Rick's I believe, that bought the Hot Bodies name...If you've ever called HB, you get the hobby shop - nice people, a little slow on shipping but nice people - not a person employeed by HPI...

And for the record, HB has yet to produce any of their own vehicles - all HB-branded vehicles are rebadged (something that Trinity does with its TSPEC and SPyders)
While that may be true, you cannot deny some sort of partnership or agreement.
I mean, that new car uses like half of the pro4 parts.
Also when you go to hotbodiesonline.com, the only link on the entire website is for who else?....HPIRacing.com
I'm not saying they are the same company but somethings up.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Yes, and you dont see hara or surikarn driving for yokomo on the odd weekend.......
Old 02-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

I wonder what the car's name is...
Old 02-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Trinity,I was just saying that HB does not suport their cars that well on the parts..
Old 02-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

...and think because both companies use purple colored aluminum, they must be related...

And for the record, HB has yet to produce any of their own vehicles - all HB-branded vehicles are rebadged (something that Trinity does with its TSPEC and SPyders)
I believe the Tamiya Evo's and 414/5's are designed and engineered by another Japanese RC firm. This may explain the mark-up value per kit and the not-so-glossy plastic parts. Tamiya even private labeled there new nitro starter box which is actually a Team Magic box. I also read that the TC4 and Team Magic G4 steering rack were designed to work in both cars. I don't know which one actually produced it, but I know Cliff Lett was overseas at TM's corp. HQ. Sooo k_bojar is right in saying that it's all about inside the "biz" knowledge. I could tell you where to go in China for a week, and you could come back with an Xray knock-off that's filled with purple bling. You could sell them under your own "SexyBodies" badge. If you dig deep enough you'll know that everyone is doing it. People use to think that Serpent was owned by Hudy. Or that the Xray M18 are actually PTI bodies and maybe one Proline. Maybe true... they might deny it, but whatever it is.... wheels, foam, rubber, screws... it's not all trade secrets anymore.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys lets not forget we have the 414 duo with hotbodies, just the right conditions for making a new belt car
Old 02-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Darkseid
I just saw pics of this new car. So excuse this question if its already been asked.

If Hara and Surikarn are developing and racing this new car, what happens with them and HPI? I mean, they both are still HPI sponsored, so what happens with HPI's flagship (and damned good) Pro4?
Surikarn is not sponsered by H.P.I. he is sponsered by Hot Bodies!

Check out his t-shirt
Old 02-22-2005, 12:11 AM
sac
Tech Regular

The Hot Bodies TC will most likely be built by HPI,I think that's a given being HPI and Hot Bodies is owned by the same person.
Somebody mentioned rebadging by companies like Tamiya ,just to let people know the Tamiya 414 series of cars was a joint venture with Kawada.If you can find picture's on the Kawada Ultimate Alcyon 2 kit ,it looks very close to a 414 car and the Kawada car was out way before the Tamiya.Even some of the older parts bags for the Kawada listed the 414 on it.
Kawada not only make's there on line of car kits but makes many parts and car kit's for other companies in Japan and Tamiya is just one of them.

sac

www.kawadaracing.com
www.kawadamodel.co.jp
Old 02-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by sac
The Hot Bodies TC will most likely be built by HPI,I think that's a given being HPI and Hot Bodies is owned by the same person.
Somebody mentioned rebadging by companies like Tamiya ,just to let people know the Tamiya 414 series of cars was a joint venture with Kawada.If you can find picture's on the Kawada Ultimate Alcyon 2 kit ,it looks very close to a 414 car and the Kawada car was out way before the Tamiya.Even some of the older parts bags for the Kawada listed the 414 on it.
Kawada not only make's there on line of car kits but makes many parts and car kit's for other companies in Japan and Tamiya is just one of them.

sac

www.kawadaracing.com
www.kawadamodel.co.jp
lets stir up some controversy... this is just for fun guys...

so sac... since what your saying is true.. and HISTORY repeats itself (as it always does).... the sigma2 might be redeveloped to become.... *drum roll* the TRF416?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

The 415 was based on Tech racing tc. If you check the 415 manual tech badge is there. It was based on the MY02.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Default What a beauty

Old 02-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Default They almost look the same

The way I see it, HB has lowe CG.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

And the way i see... i like purple colour
Old 02-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by RandyB
so what your saying is this will probably be built by hpi and rebadged for hotbodies and then why would hpi allow theirtop driveer use another brand car for a race see HB just won the thai race not HPI right?
I'm not saying that...What I am saying is that Hot Bodies does not produce their own cars...Look at the lightning 8th scale buggy - not their own design...rebadged vehicle made by some other company...

I'm not denying the "close" relationship HB has with HPI - what I am saying is that they are not owned by the same person or persons or whatever...2 different distinct companies...Just like Tamiya and Cross (who did most of the metal pressing work for Tamiya for a long time)...
Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

I'm not saying that...What I am saying is that Hot Bodies does not produce their own cars...Look at the lightning 8th scale buggy - not their own design...rebadged vehicle made by some other company...

I'm not denying the "close" relationship HB has with HPI - what I am saying is that they are not owned by the same person or persons or whatever...2 different distinct companies...Just like Tamiya and Cross (who did most of the metal pressing work for Tamiya for a long time)...
i agree...
what about toyota and lexus, do different companies same platform.

or airtornics and sawna, 2 different companies; right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.