Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any Serpents going to the IIC?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Any Serpents going to the IIC?
Im currently debating if I'm going to IIC. I know I will definetly be at Roar nats in August.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Also has anyone run the soft arms or should I say standard arms on asphalt and compared them to the hard arms. I have only used the hard arms and love them.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy
Also has anyone run the soft arms or should I say standard arms on asphalt and compared them to the hard arms. I have only used the hard arms and love them.

Thats a great question......as I look at several of the posted setups for asphalt, just about all of them run the hard arms, yet they will use the thin chassis and even go to the extent of cutting the suspension blocks in half to get more flex...........so why not run the standard or even the super soft arms?

OR would these be used for a super high traction track?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cwoods34
The hard arms make a huge difference on carpet. The car feels much more direct and responsive in my opinion.

The hard parts typically have an "H"on them along with being a lighter color of material..... Closer to a graphite grey than the darker solid "black".
Agreed to the first statement.

Just wondering if you've ever found any designation on the rear uprights, c-hubs or steering blocks that say "H" for hard....I've never found any, so I'm asking. Arms are marked no problem. I know that they hide the "L"eft and "R"ight on the steering blocks quite well and they don't jump out at you, so just wondering about the "H".
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just wondering if you've ever found any designation on the rear uprights, c-hubs or steering blocks that say "H" for hard....I've never found any, so I'm asking. Arms are marked no problem. I know that they hide the "L"eft and "R"ight on the steering blocks quite well and they don't jump out at you, so just wondering about the "H".
Actually, I think only the arms do say H. I must be assuming all the parts do..... For some reason I thought the caster blocks did, but I'm probably confusing them with the XRAY hubs that are marked H.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Thats a great question......as I look at several of the posted setups for asphalt, just about all of them run the hard arms, yet they will use the thin chassis and even go to the extent of cutting the suspension blocks in half to get more flex...........so why not run the standard or even the super soft arms?

OR would these be used for a super high traction track?
Because softer arms actually take traction away as they take the load off the wheel/tyre. So in theory they would be better suited as you say for super high traction.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default S411 Technical layout

FYI attached is a set up tried on a very technical layout at one of our local tracks, Bitten near Mornington, Victoria, Australia.

Enjoy. I found this to suit my driving ability, being sub par, i was able to throw this around quite easy with no nervous tendencies.

Main change was the use of the new EXOTEK S411 Soft chassis with a S411 standard top deck. Lots of grip.

Cheers Ren

http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/PDF/S411SETUPBITTERN.pdf

Last edited by venom54; 07-20-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

SERPENT S411/Sport/LE/TE Battery Strap Velcro
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-ser-401566.jpg   Serpent S411-ser-401566-2-800.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Hard rear hubs I have on my car are marked with an 'H', but I don't think the rest of the parts are marked, will need to check.

HiH
Ed
Old 07-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+1 I checked some in the package -

H on the Hard rears. Nothing on the Medium's

Originally Posted by TryHard
The Hard rear hubs I have on my car are marked with an 'H', but I don't think the rest of the parts are marked, will need to check.

HiH
Ed
Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Had a run with my S411 for the first time the other day and first impressions are awesome, dropped at least half a second a lap from my previous times with my T3 12 , and this was with old old tyres on a very loose and dusty track, and from myself who hasn't driven a touring car in over a month , I was running basically Try Hard's ( Ed ) setup from Landsborough as our track is similar, and it worked well for me , but I am running std kit arms not the hard ones and the v1 shocks , is it worthwhile changing to the V2 shocks? Also what are people's opinions on the Exotec chassis as I am looking a grabbing it .
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thachowman
Had a run with my S411 for the first time the other day and first impressions are awesome, dropped at least half a second a lap from my previous times with my T3 12 , and this was with old old tyres on a very loose and dusty track, and from myself who hasn't driven a touring car in over a month , I was running basically Try Hard's ( Ed ) setup from Landsborough as our track is similar, and it worked well for me , but I am running std kit arms not the hard ones and the v1 shocks , is it worthwhile changing to the V2 shocks? Also what are people's opinions on the Exotec chassis as I am looking a grabbing it .
Good to here on your performance gain. I think that on asphalt either shock would work equally well, as most usually run with a little bit of rebound, which the V1 always has present. The V2 can be built with 0 rebound and work very well on carpet.
We now have two racers on the Exotec chassis and both seem to think its worth the investment, seems to help plant the rear a little better.

Thanks for checking the "H" parts out, guess I'm going to have to get a magnifying glass out, or perhaps the older hard parts weren't marked? In any matter thanks again.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

How does the exotek compare to the serpent 2mm?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsorwell
How does the exotek compare to the serpent 2mm?
I have found that the Exotek helps with direction change in the tight infield section of the track i race at, the track is medium grip asphalt. Also it gives the car a more predictable feel compared to the 2mm Serpent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.