Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTB 2 Sportsman ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions??

I'm looking to run the gtb2 with a 7.5 ballistic in my t4.1 but I can't find the amp rating for either the motor or esc. I would like to know exactly how much power that motor can draw so I know what lipo to buy. I know every one says the bigger the better but I want to know exactly! Most other brands list these figures. I don't want to over spend by too much on packs if I'm not going to gain anything. And the bigger the lipo the heavier they are!!! Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Just unboxed brand new gtb2 with xdrive hooked it all up and throttle like stutters or doesnt go and I have to give the spur a nudge to get it going. Tried a different motor, sensor wire and receiver. If I hold the throttle down with out giving it a push after a sec the green and blue led flash and the yellow stays solid. it does it with a brand new motor installed right now.

any ideas?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dusttt
Just unboxed brand new gtb2 with xdrive hooked it all up and throttle like stutters or doesnt go and I have to give the spur a nudge to get it going. Tried a different motor, sensor wire and receiver. If I hold the throttle down with out giving it a push after a sec the green and blue led flash and the yellow stays solid. it does it with a brand new motor installed right now.

any ideas?
Look at the track guide document in the box. That has the error codes. Also www.teamnovak.com

Blue & Green status LEDs both blinking. Locked rotor detection shut-down––return throttle to neutral position to regain motor control––check drive train for free operation.

Now this is not the issue, as you can start the motor with assistance. Your issue sound more like a sensor or cable issues.

Start with redoing the one touch set up. Check to make sure the pins are ok on the sensor plug on the gtb. Also, you can follow the instructions for the sensor check.

Snowy.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Look at the track guide document in the box. That has the error codes. Also www.teamnovak.com

Blue & Green status LEDs both blinking. Locked rotor detection shut-down––return throttle to neutral position to regain motor control––check drive train for free operation.

Now this is not the issue, as you can start the motor with assistance. Your issue sound more like a sensor or cable issues.

Start with redoing the one touch set up. Check to make sure the pins are ok on the sensor plug on the gtb. Also, you can follow the instructions for the sensor check.

Snowy.
Did the hall sensor test changed sensor wires checked plug on esc all nothing. Installed another esc and all good. Very dissapointed never in 20+years have I had a bad speedo straight out of the box. makes me question their QC.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt

any ideas?
Make sure you have your txr setup to the instructions, specifically the end points, don't exceed the 100% settings, then do a one-touch setup, power the speed control down, power it back up and do another one step.

If that doesn't work contact, Charlie at [email protected] for additional assistance.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

I got a GTB2 with a Ballistic 10.5 and I also have a 21.5 red wire stator. I want to switch out the stator and use the 21.5 in my F1 Car.

I heard that mostly the Edge ESC is used in F1, but the GTB2 / 21.5 Ballistic should pair together and work good yeah?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 5VoltDetonator
I got a GTB2 with a Ballistic 10.5 and I also have a 21.5 red wire stator. I want to switch out the stator and use the 21.5 in my F1 Car.

I heard that mostly the Edge ESC is used in F1, but the GTB2 / 21.5 Ballistic should pair together and work good yeah?

If it fits there is no reason that it wouldn't work.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
If it fits there is no reason that it wouldn't work.
Any thing special I need to know before i switch out the stator? Or do I just follow instructions?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 5VoltDetonator
Any thing special I need to know before i switch out the stator? Or do I just follow instructions?
Stator change out is as per instructions, just check for rotor end play, you should have a very slight movement in the rotor when fully assembled.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hey all...got a questions..

I have a GTB2 and I'd like to make the wires to the cap longer - has anyone done this and if so, any ill effects? what guage wire have you used? the stock wire looks like 16g...

I'm used to using a tekin with the smaller cap, so I'm having an issue finding a good home for the novak cap on my F104..

another question...has anyone used anyone else's cap, like the one Speed passion sells, with their GTB2?

thanks!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
hey all...got a questions..

I have a GTB2 and I'd like to make the wires to the cap longer - has anyone done this and if so, any ill effects? what guage wire have you used? the stock wire looks like 16g...

I'm used to using a tekin with the smaller cap, so I'm having an issue finding a good home for the novak cap on my F104..

another question...has anyone used anyone else's cap, like the one Speed passion sells, with their GTB2?

thanks!
I have extended the wires several times from the cap board to the speed control. The wire size in 16g. There have been no ill effects. If you can find the right size shrink wrap you can redo the entire cap/board, or if no shrink wrap, just cut the existing wrap by the boards terminals, replace your wires and the shoe goo the srink wrap back down so no wire is exposed for shorts.

I have run with just straight caps without the attached circuit board with no problems as well as other makes of caps and caps with boards, still with no problem. NOVAK does make a smaller version of the same cap/board if that works better for you, although the bigger cap provides a slight performance advantage.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I have extended the wires several times from the cap board to the speed control. The wire size in 16g. There have been no ill effects. If you can find the right size shrink wrap you can redo the entire cap/board, or if no shrink wrap, just cut the existing wrap by the boards terminals, replace your wires and the shoe goo the srink wrap back down so no wire is exposed for shorts.

I have run with just straight caps without the attached circuit board with no problems as well as other makes of caps and caps with boards, still with no problem. NOVAK does make a smaller version of the same cap/board if that works better for you, although the bigger cap provides a slight performance advantage.
Thanks, Johnny...

I have the stock cap that came with the GTB2 - which according to Novak2, is the smaller of the cap options for the speedo...unless something newer has come out

I'll have to hunt down some 16ga wire and make my change
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Throttle doesn't work! Need help!

I recently bought the combo Novak GTB 2 (X-Drive) + Ballistic 17.5T to use with my Tamiya XV-01 car. The combo arrived today and as soon as I had the time, I had it installed.

I tried it with my FlySky GT3B Tx&Rx but the Throttle failed to respond, although the steering is working fine. I tried it with a Futaba Tx&Rx that I had laying around and to my surprise it worked just fine. Is it incompatible with the FlySky GT3B radio?

Edit: Problem solved.

While chatting with Charlie from Team Novak, he told me to try the steering servo from CH1 into CH2 and it ended up not responding either. Probably the receiver´s CH2 burned out while switching electronics. Anyway, I´m very happy with Novak´s customer service; Charlie replied immediately after I dropped him an email and it went efficiently to the source of the problem. Thank you again!

In the meanwhile I´ll be running an old Futaba Tx&Rx that I had laying around.

Last edited by stormridersp; 03-13-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys this may have already been answered but is it possible to replace the wires that go to the motor? I just picked up a gtb 2 low profile for my b4, I cut one of the wires to short and now I can't position the ESC how I need to, is it possible yo remove the wire then replace with a longer one? Thanks
Old 05-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ohrcrracer
Hey guys this may have already been answered but is it possible to replace the wires that go to the motor? I just picked up a gtb 2 low profile for my b4, I cut one of the wires to short and now I can't position the ESC how I need to, is it possible yo remove the wire then replace with a longer one? Thanks
Anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.