Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by blade072
then again no modding required for the xray ones....or i can just buy some alloy shock bodies hmmmm decisions decisions...im bored lol

Ir u buy the tamiya set and ill do the mod for ya
Old 09-11-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

im pretty handy myself....dont know if i wanna do it though lol
Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Do you guys have any tips regarding how much cleaning gum should be used in the front diff? I tried with 12 gr. at first but that felt like too little and inconsistent (when turning it with my hands) so I tried filling it up and now it seems is extremely tight and I am afraid it will break.

Well I am off to the track (carpet) now to test and we will see how it works

Br. Emil
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Emil
Do you guys have any tips regarding how much cleaning gum should be used in the front diff? I tried with 12 gr. at first but that felt like too little and inconsistent (when turning it with my hands) so I tried filling it up and now it seems is extremely tight and I am afraid it will break.

Br. Emil
Run it as tight as you can, try and get some outdrive protectors though!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Yep just put it up there
Thanks Fred!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Emil

Br. Emil
Twisting it by hand is not a true test of how consistant it is, my suggestion would be fill it until if takes a bit of effort to turn it, then give it a run see how it feels. It is easier to put a little more in and try it again than it is to take some out and possibly replace the outdrives that have been broken off because you ran it too tight.

Bb
Old 09-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blade072
then again no modding required for the xray ones....or i can just buy some alloy shock bodies hmmmm decisions decisions...im bored lol

I have modded a set of tams, they are deffo easier to fill than xrays.

Bb
Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well xray guys i got most shock stuff figured out but the front still feels soft. Im running pink hpi springs and 600cst oil in front and hpi blue and 400cst in rear. And the rear feels stiffer then front dont understand. Im running rubber asphalt med low grip.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markiemark
Well xray guys i got most shock stuff figured out but the front still feels soft. Im running pink hpi springs and 600cst oil in front and hpi blue and 400cst in rear. And the rear feels stiffer then front dont understand. Im running rubber asphalt med low grip.
What pistons are you using?

I've found the T3'11 doesn't like a real big split F/R on shock oil.

450cst with 3 hole pistons and kit springs seems to suit me pretty well on asphalt. The front feels soft, but the balance is very good. I had too much on throttle oversteer on corner exit running thicker front shock oil.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys. The gear diff with cleaning gum ran without problems and the car felt incredibly! I was positively surprised how consistent it feels

Br. Emil
Old 09-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Anybody tried Zeppin flex chassis? How does it perform?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Anybody tried Zeppin flex chassis? How does it perform?
I saw one of Saturday, his car seemed to be running really well with it........but my word, does it bend!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
An alternative for you might be to mix the 2. Right now I've got H1/H2 holders on the front [long low position, 2mm on the outside link], and L1/L2's on the rear [long high position, 4mm on the outside link]. Great rotation without drama, good balance for my purposes on asphalt.

The H1/H2 holders have a different offset than the L1/L2's, so you're not going to be able to 100% duplicate the L1/L2's with H1/H2's. You might be able to split the difference between them by mounting them opposite sides, but they won't be identical.

Camber gain by itself won't negate or enhance any roll center adjustment, you need to tune it to suit the amount of roll your car has along with the static camber.

I also have no problems with the composite shocks, but I think if I had to replace them, I would probably just pick up the XRay alloy's. It's not that I mind modding shocks to suit a purpose, but I would have to find a good set of used Tamiya shocks at the right price to break out the Dremel without feeling a little guilty.
I have the exact same setup h1/h2 with 2mm shims on the outside on the front, and l1/l2 with 4mm shims on the outside hole on the back.
I was running the tamiya shocks, they are great shocks, easy to build and work pretty well for most tracks. My local track is bumpy as all hell and they just didnt have the damping I was looking for, so I went to the xray alloy shocks. Big improvement over the composite as they include pistons with multiple hole sizes, I am liking the 1.1mm hole pistons. They give a great damper pack on open bumpy asphalt.
As easy as the tamiyas to build for sure, drill the ole in the top cap and 0 rebound first time every time. And for some reason the bladders dont seem as difficult to get into the alloy shocks.
Only Problem I have found is they tend to burp air into them after a big crash a bit easier than the composites or tamiyas.
Get them both from online shops and try them for yourself, you are going to have to ruin your composite shocks top cap for the tamiyas to fit, so be prepared for a no back out install if u want. Once you sand down the ring under the xray cap the bladder never fits right in the composite shocks.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
What pistons are you using?

I've found the T3'11 doesn't like a real big split F/R on shock oil.

450cst with 3 hole pistons and kit springs seems to suit me pretty well on asphalt. The front feels soft, but the balance is very good. I had too much on throttle oversteer on corner exit running thicker front shock oil.
Im running a t2 007 and i have 3 hole piston all the way around. My problem is if i try to carry any speed in fast turns off the thorttle mid turn the rear just wants to slide out. Guy at track told me runner harder springs Xray Blue is all i had 22.5lbs and it was realy slow response in the steering and would still spin out every once in awhile im also running 2.5deg rear camber 3deg rear toe in and 36 exp sweeps ( everyone runs 36 or hard solaris there) and have no tweak in the chassis
Old 09-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markiemark
Im running a t2 007 and i have 3 hole piston all the way around. My problem is if i try to carry any speed in fast turns off the thorttle mid turn the rear just wants to slide out. Guy at track told me runner harder springs Xray Blue is all i had 22.5lbs and it was realy slow response in the steering and would still spin out every once in awhile im also running 2.5deg rear camber 3deg rear toe in and 36 exp sweeps ( everyone runs 36 or hard solaris there) and have no tweak in the chassis
Post your full setup and we'll take a look. Kit should work fine on asphalt with those tyres, otherwise using H on the front can stop it stepping out mid corner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.