Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

CoryCraig,

I checked out Stormer hobbies since my post and they do have one for the xxx-s. It is made by dynamite and its part number is DYNM6820 and its about $25. Look like it might work ok.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Go to the Trinity website as well and look under Matt Francis parts for the motor heat sink listed. The Dynamite sink is made into the motor plate strap that goes over the the mounting plate. The MF sink is only a heat sink made to mount between the motor and the mounting plate. I have used both and they both are wonderfull. On my car with the MF sink I also used the MF aluminum motor srtap. The stock ones are clunky compared to the aluminum ones. So I guess if I had to buy just one I would buy the Dynamite one since it has a heat sink and the strap built into one piece. Good Luck.

Dynamite 6820 clamp and heat sink $23.95
MF 111 heat sink $19.95
MF 1104 motor clamp $18.95

Prices are from Stormer Hobbies website.

Brant
Old 11-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

ya i clean forgot about the MF and the dynamite ones hehe.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Do a search on ebay. There is a company that makes heat sinks w/ cut outs so air can flow into the motor can. Their cost is $12 Also Reedy has released a heatsink/cooling fan for the can and endbell. Their cost is around $30.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by CoryCraig
Ryan, i dont know of any heat sinks other then the ones you can put on the endbells, but they dont help a whole lot. There are some that are put around the motor, that arnt designed for the xx-s specifically, but do work. I dont know the part number, cause the one i have is old, it just happend to fit. I dont even use it that often. ALways better to get the motor nice and cold before the run anyway, at the end of the run its barely even warm.
Cory, what are you using to pre-race cool down the motor? I tried the frozen liquid in air bottles, but it would occasionally gather on the brushes and wear down the comm really fast. Also, it thawed out too fast while we waited on the stragglers to set their cars down.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help

I've been searching for hours now and I can't find the answer to my simple question... I need to know what tire, wheels and inserts are a direct fit for the XXX-S. I want to get some rubber tires too... Is there a certain size I need?

Sorry for the stupid questions... I'm used to staduim trucks, monster trucks and buggies. I'm very new to onroad.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

Last edited by KylefromVA; 07-14-2005 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

All popular tires and rims fit the XXX-S. The best rubber tires are Take-Off CS 27 or Take-Off CS 22.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default belt

hi guy i was just wanderin if the belt of xxx-s n xxx-4 the same hope someone can help
Old 11-30-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Chad ... when i do cool my motors , i usually just put it in a bag and drop it in a bucket of ice. Its a cheap method and there are some better ones out there, but it does an excellent job. I havnt had the need to do it recently, but when i have done it its most effective. Mainly cause it cools the motor at a slower rate so it doesnt cause any deformations from the rapid cooling and heating. I have heard of dry ice being used, but i dont know how they do it exactly. I have even done my batteries the same way. Keep the batteries sealed and put them in a cooler with those frozen ice packs. Keeps them nice and cold. Makes them a tad bit difficult to charge sometimes. But it does help thier punch for the next race.

Eazy.. now the xxx-s and the xxx-4 belts are NOT the same. The wheelbase on the xxx-4 is longer then that of the xxx-s and its added length is in the chassis so the belt is longer.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks CoryCraig
Old 11-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Cory, what are you using to pre-race cool down the motor? I tried the frozen liquid in air bottles, but it would occasionally gather on the brushes and wear down the comm really fast. Also, it thawed out too fast while we waited on the stragglers to set their cars down.

Pro4-If you are willing to spend a few dollars, then a 'Super Cooler' peltier cooling device is the way to go for sure for motors. You attach it to your motor 20-30 minutes before a run, and then remove it.

A peltier is an electrical wafer that generates heat on one side and cools on the other; this is then connected to a heatsink, a fan and a copper clamp to transfer to cooling property. There is a racer on these forums who makes and sells them...TeamPherriswheel is his username. They look something like this

http://www.jrxs.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7
Old 11-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

mister filipo whats goin on brotha?? Hows the racing going for you? well i hope. Have you gotten your hands on a JRX-s yet?? Cant wait for those to be released drop me an email at [email protected] so we can catch up.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Did anyone check out the newest thing for the JRX-S. A new front drive shaft setup. It's on losi's website newest website update. It looks like they are going to offer it with the kit. They used it, from what it sounds like, at Cleveland. They said it TQ'ed the last big race. Wondering could these be the actual BK bones?

Last edited by wcoyote; 11-30-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by wcoyote
Did anyone check out the newest thing for the JRX-S. A new front drive shaft setup. It's on losi's website newest website update. It looks like they are going to offer it with the kit. They used it, from what it sounds like, at Cleveland. They said it TQ'ed the last big race. Wondering could these be the actual BK bones?
They are the constant velocity jointed drive axles (with boots) that Matt Francis showed me before leaving for Cleveland. They are smooth.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

If they are like the Schumacher ones it will be a nice addition to the losi car. I havnt seen the losi ones but i did see a shot of the outdrives and it looks to be a tad different, but the same concept. I know the schumacher ones never wore out out drives or drive shafts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.