Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Try some of that green slime from Associated. It helps lubricate the o-rings and keep them from tearing when the shock shaft is installed.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

shane...not tonight.....wow....a broken o ring....i havent seen that before....
Old 09-04-2001, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Ya use green slime. I go through that stuff by the gallon!
Old 09-04-2001, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Speedworld raceway recvd. 20 graphite chassis's today, already sold 7 via phone/mail orders, shop is open tomorrow call 916-783-8864
Old 09-04-2001, 03:27 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Did anyone try any of the graphite parts yet? I am wondering if the chassis has any benefits to the handling besides being lighter. Also what springs are available from Losi for the car? I will be running the car on carpet with foams and I noticed Andrew Gray's setup on the Losi website uses Trinity springs. Are they a really hard tension?

How is maintanence on the car so far? Does the sealed drive train really help? Thanks for all the help and I look forward to soon having my own XXX-S once the carpet season starts.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Ty-

thanks to my friend this weekend who killed my XXX-S I now have graphite Rear Arms, Front Arms, and I am not sure which Castor Blocks he got for me for the front but they are all Graphite. He still has my car and I think I might tell him to buy the chassis and I will pay him back. I race at the same race track that Andrew Grey races at, The Track, and I at least had my car set up like his on that setup sheet with the springs and everything. You want a stiff setup on carpet so that you don't get traction Roll and flip the car. I think however that the Losi Purple Springs are about the same as the Trinity Congo Springs. Same Size, color and feels about like the same rate...Anybody know this to be true? I think maintence is very easy with this car and the sealed drive train is worth it.

Mike Webb
Old 09-04-2001, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ty - Unfortunately I have not been able to try any of the graphite parts but that should change this week if Horizon ships my order out to me. I already have a graphite rear shock tower and ordered a front one along with the chassis. I don't plan on replacing the arms with graphite just because of the breaking factor. Not to say that they will but it's been my experience that graphite parts are more prone to breakage. I may end up with graphite diff covers though just for grins The graphite should make the chassis more responsive on carpet due to the fact that it is stiffer than Stifizell however, with all of the milling Todd Hodge had mentioned it has about the same stiffness as the Stifizell. In my opinion that's plenty stiff for any surface.

As for springs, Losi makes silver/purple and black along with a few others that are softer. For carpet I can't see going lighter than a purple but that's just me. I have all of the Trinity Congo's and I would say that the purple is stiffer than the Losi black and the blue is somewhere between a Losi black and a Losi purple. The yellow is MUCH stiffer than a Losi black but not quite as stiff as an Associated white. It would be much easier to compare if someone could list the Trinity spring rate in pounds like everybody else does.

I'm all for the sealed drivetrain. Virtually maintenance free from what I can tell. Only two things bug me about the car and they are certainly minor complaints. First, the bearings are not the best. They have a paper seal and once you blow out all the grease in the bearings are pretty imposible to keep on there. Once mine wear out I'll probably replace them with Boca bearings. My other complaint concerns the foam bumper. Seems a bit soft in my opinion. Anyone else feel this way? Hopefully Trinity will come out with a nice blue one like they have for the TC3 with that super stiff foam.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Schuie Driver - I agree with you on the spring rates. I think you about got it right. It would be nice if Trinity would post there stuff in the lbs rating. Would make life easier.

As for the not going lower than purple on carpet. My initial test are showing that too. but I've only got to get on the carpet once to test. Maybe on the rear you might run a bit softer. I ended with a Congo Purple in front and Congo Blue in the rear. The car felt good and was on pace but it was still rolling alot. I'm going to be trying Congo Yellow in the front and move the Congo Purple to the rear long with 57 pistons to help slow down the roll. I have yet to upgrade anything I'm going to wait when it all becomes more available and get it all at one time. By then I should know the car well enough to feel it's effects.

If you got any setup tips feel free to let them out.

For those of you worried about drive train maintaince don't worry. Evertying stays very clean, and it's highly woth it all being sealed, plus you can get to everything very fast!
Old 09-04-2001, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

HI Racers, how do you like this new seden from losi? and which TC you had before. how do you compare this new Seden with your previous seden?

Thanks,
Old 09-04-2001, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

That's an easy one.

I had a TC3. I loved the car and it's the one I started out with for touring car. Easy to drive, easy to setup. easy to work on. The only thing I didn't like it was it felt twitchy to me at high speeds.

Then I bought a Pro3 for the summer outdoor season just for fun. That car is fast. Just as fast as the TC3 out on the outdoor track. Never had it on carpet though. I only got to race it about 4 or 5 times this last summer due to some issues with work and the track not keeping it's schedule. I didn't like the flex in the chassis and yes you can fell it going around the track. I was going to upgrade the chassis and try out different upper plates and stuff but I've always been a losi fan in offroad (since the release of the JRX2 PRO) and this new car has just caught my eye for sometime.

So now I'm on the XXXS. I'll going to use it for the winter's indoor carpet season and see what I can get it to do for me.

On a side note whatever car you choose can get competive. Just consintrate on learning that car and getting the most out of it you can. The TC3, PRO 3, YOKOMO, AXIS 2, and XXXS is all going to be very competitive this season. Losi has just offered a new selection for us.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like Matt Francis is coming out with a line of aluminum parts for the XXX-S ........

"I am coming out with a complete line of Alum parts for the XXX-s. The parts are, front and rear suspension mounts high and low roll center, anti squat and kick up bars, servo mounts, battery strap, motor clamp, and a few others. Anodized Red of course! We will also be diplaying the new Tire balancer and a few other parts that we are doing. These parts and designed by me and sold through Trinity."

This sounds more like Eye Candy to me. If anybody is at the Chicago Model hobby show this weekend please take pictures of these parts that Trinity is making.

Thanks

Mike Webb
Old 09-04-2001, 08:03 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike - 10-4 I will try and get some pictures for everyone. I plan on heading to that section on the CHS first anyways.
Old 09-04-2001, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

So, has anyone run the Asphalt setup on the Losi site?
If so, how is it? I noticed that they are using the 41 tooth diff pulley in the rear.

Also, what are rate are the orange and white springs that he is using. Also, are the Losi springs? if not, whose are they?

I have a race this weekend on a newly sealed asphalt parking lot.

thanks.
Old 09-04-2001, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

tks Jared

so which car you like most?
Old 09-04-2001, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Saweet ...got my graphite chassis today, so I'll have graphite chassis, front/rear shock towers, front/rear arms, front/rear hub carriers for this weekends race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.