Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

MDM3, something I'd recommend is replacing the 4 steering arm bushings with 4 5mm bearings. I used the dynamite red seals. I think it's one of the first things you should do to the car and am actually frustrated with Losi for even putting those lame bushings in the kit for steering! Oh and the 4 bearings should only cost you about 12 to 14 dollars.

Other then that, the Losi is sweet!

Jits
Old 02-16-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Speaking of heat.Whatch out for your chassis warping near the motor.I seen this happen to the extreme.This guys motor was practicly laying side ways.Heat is not too good for the Losi chassis.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The chassis never showed any signs of being bothered by the heat with track temps above 140 this past summer. This was with 8 turn modified motors. What sort of problem did this racer have that would cause the motor to lay sideways??
Old 02-17-2002, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default His P2K was geared wrong And he did not want to listen to anybody.

BTW,Any body with any sugestions on gearing with a Phantom 19 turn on a tight low grip outside track.Well I call it tight.It's only got one straight [at times][our club track allways changes].And I'm still running the stock 88t.Constructive critisiom is allways welcome here.THANKS

LITTLEDOG
Old 02-17-2002, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It always happens that way....someone doesn't want to listen to helpfull advice and the worse case happens. Oh well!!!

I haven't run a 19 turn motor so I'm not sure of the gearing but I'm sure someone on this thread will be able to help you out.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

We run on a small track and gearing for a p2k is 24/90. With the 19t chameleon (old style) we run 22/90. Just peaks out 3-4 ft from the end of the straight-away.
BTW, the oneway is awesome, just set the track record and found the missing steering that I have been looking for!! Tried a complete new setup and now the car has the punch of a tc3 and the stability of the xxx-s. What a combination!! This car rocks!
What is so strange is that the track is concrete with the track temp being 58 deg. but the bite is soo extreme that we started out with sorex 32s and ended up with sorex 36s by the end of the nite. We are running the Peak JB foams (firm blues).

Doug
Old 02-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Oneway?On a tight track?
Old 02-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Well, its small but flowing with one hairpin. It has alot of bite though. With the stock diff my car had a push in the middle and when I went to the low roll center it still pushed until I put the oneway in it. Go to enidrcracing.com to see pics of the track. Let me know what you think, maybe my setup is all wrong??
Old 02-17-2002, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Well our track is somewhat a little tighter than that[In my opinion].your track is pretty much a flowing track.Plus we don't have that much traction a you guys do.But thanks.I do have same problems you had though.I guesse I could give it a try.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

littledog, even a small tight track has a flowing line to it. If you can drive that line consistantly, the one-way diff is for you... What I've found out is that the one-way will work on any size track, and will make you faster if you can drive the way a one-way needs to be driven. However, If you're heavy on the breaks, a one-way isn't for you.

Jits
Old 02-17-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

BRAKES!What's that?! I got to get a one way now.Thanks
Old 02-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drove the Losi for the 1st time today. No practice and still qualified 2nd. Very quick and easy to drive car. Makes racing very enjoyable for those who are not quite as meticulous, as we can still be very competitve.

A few gripe though.

Durability. Broke two carriers in one day. Not cool.

Set screw thats hold pins stipped out before the car hit the track

All in all I definately think losi has a great greay car.

One question for any one. My car clicked slightly when off power, A buddy said it may be due to me running a drag brake profile. Any know if this normal? OK I lied another question. Where should I run the tensioner?

i
Old 02-17-2002, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

The noise you heard was the belt skipping slightly.Don't worry it's normal.As for the tentioner.I am a little confused about what you are talking boutBTW I ain't no pro at this but I know bout some of the gripes about the car.I researched bout it before purchase.

Last edited by littledog; 02-17-2002 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Doug:

Put the oneway in tonight as well. Had to change my setup slightly but it did rock...

BTW,

You Wichita racers should take a trip up here. Huge carpet track just on the Missouri side (rumor is, there getting a perm facility in a month) right now we are in a roller rink....

Great racing every Sun. it would be fun to have some fresh racers...
Old 02-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Ill Factor,

for starters, get rid of the drag brake profile, believe me, it is slowing you down.

the belt tension can be checked by having the car on a stand, then holding the rear tires and lightly moving them back and forth while looking inside the gear cover at where the belt moves over the top of the spur gear. (sorry, this is hard to explain with writing) anyways, you should notice the belt having a little slack when lightly rotating the tires back and forth with your hands. there should only be a little of slack. first, tighten the belt so you have no slack, then loosen the tensioner a little till you have a little slack. I hope this works. if you have any other questions about the car then ask. I have had alot of experience with it already and Im really fast with it, later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.