Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree220Likes

Tamiya FF03

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, I purchased my FF03 back in july and have had a good time getting reaquainted with the hobby. The last car I had was a FWD kyosho from back in the day. (WAYYY back). The shop I got my FF through convinced me of getting a CC mamba max pro 4600kv and esc. other than that it is stock outta the box. I ran it fine for 2 weeks on the 2s lipo pack, but as soon as I doubled it to the 4s lipo to see how fast it could go I fried the trans first pass. I haven't torn it down yet. I figured I would wait until I just got a all new gearset - which brings me to you. Is there a complete metal gearset available and where can I get it? If not - what are my options for durability? I have been waiting for the shop I got the car from to get me a replacement set from tower hobbies(thier supplier) but have been waiting for them to deliver since mid july. I would like to use my car. GRR. I know the body is pretty plain, but I wanted somthing that was high visibility for the far off passes- and it is my crash body.

i cant post pics yet - but if you add a t to the htp(http) part of the links below you get the pics.

-----htp://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/festivagt/rccar.jpg----
-----htp://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/festivagt/rcchassis.jpg-----
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thought I would post up a few shots of my FF03, I'm running a Tekin RS with a 17.5 redline. Fun little car, I bought it more as a parking lot basher, but I might take it up to the local carpet track to get some laps in on it.

I painted up the mirrors and mounted them, unfortunately I never got pictures before they got all scratched up in a roll-over So the only good pics I have are of before I ever had the mirrors mounted.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default 21.5 gearing

Can anyone offer up gearing suggestions for a 21.5 using a Tekin RS? Not sure if im gonna use boost or not so maybe starting points for both. This will be my first entry into on-road so i appreciate any help.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr P!nk
Thought I would post up a few shots of my FF03, I'm running a Tekin RS with a 17.5 redline. Fun little car, I bought it more as a parking lot basher, but I might take it up to the local carpet track to get some laps in on it.

I painted up the mirrors and mounted them, unfortunately I never got pictures before they got all scratched up in a roll-over So the only good pics I have are of before I ever had the mirrors mounted.
hi... nice ride there.... Did you paint the wheel (red lining)? How did you do that? care to share a tips
Old 11-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hansenhon
hi... nice ride there.... Did you paint the wheel (red lining)? How did you do that? care to share a tips
I sure can, I just use a paint pen, I think it's testors brand.

The method that worked best for me is to lay the wheel flat on the table, hold the paint pen with your right hand, and spin the wheel with your left keeping the pen stationary.
Do a pass let it dry and do another pass.

I also prefer to glue my tires on first before painting.
I used a real fine tip permanent marker to color in the lug nuts too.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr P!nk
I sure can, I just use a paint pen, I think it's testors brand.

The method that worked best for me is to lay the wheel flat on the table, hold the paint pen with your right hand, and spin the wheel with your left keeping the pen stationary.
Do a pass let it dry and do another pass.

I also prefer to glue my tires on first before painting.
I used a real fine tip permanent marker to color in the lug nuts too.
thats easy & definitely works... silly me.. should have think of it

thanks a lot
Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasons36
Can anyone offer up gearing suggestions for a 21.5 using a Tekin RS? Not sure if im gonna use boost or not so maybe starting points for both. This will be my first entry into on-road so i appreciate any help.
I'm running 78 spur and 58 pinion, still room to gear up but it goes pretty good and not too hot after running a typical 20 minute + fun/practice run.

Novak GTB and LRP x11 motor.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kentech
Carson Scirocco with Tech racing rear wing and painted everything except lights. It's a bit wide for the FF but impressed with the details. Seems to be PET rather than Lexan though.

Here are some 8mm wheel hubs/spacers that you can widen the track width and make your ride look awesome.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

here is another body i did up for the ff03, but deceided to sell it, it is the castrol accord, i used tamiya castrol decals, and got the accord one senticled out, and painted the colours turned out amazing, it is currently on ebay

here is a picture of a tamiya evo vii, i did it proper marlboro decals, it is already sold but wanted to share pictures

hope you like,
Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsais
Here are some 8mm wheel hubs/spacers that you can widen the track width and make your ride look awesome.

The axles of the CVDs are much shorter than the old TA04-type dogbone axles. With 6mm hubs on the CVDs, I'm already barely getting into the nylon lock part of the wheel nut. 8mm hubs probably wouldn't let you tighten the wheels down, absent the use of some thin-profile locknuts or something.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by encore75
The axles of the CVDs are much shorter than the old TA04-type dogbone axles. With 6mm hubs on the CVDs, I'm already barely getting into the nylon lock part of the wheel nut. 8mm hubs probably wouldn't let you tighten the wheels down, absent the use of some thin-profile locknuts or something.
You will be able to get away with the serrated flange nuts that are available.
They lock on to the wheel itself.
That's what I have been using on all cars, on and offroad. They never loosen or need replacing.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Craig,

We need you to bring your ff03 out to TQ next Sunday for round two of the winter series!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Jimmy,
I'll be runnin the F1 series on Saturday out there for their round 2, maybe I'll put a flogging on the FF03 in between rounds and see how it goes and might be able to check in on Sunday too.
Sounds like fun.

Any tips on settin it up or will the standard trim work ok?
Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Craig, are you still running the dog bones?? If you are, I'll save them for ya
Old 11-13-2010, 10:08 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default WTB FF03 parts

Who carry large inventory of Tamiya part in usa beside Speedtech?
I need spare or hop up for FF03..please PM back..Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.