Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by West03
I am not saying what I wrote is right. Just a theory, as to what you listed above as problems are things I tested months ago. Regarding the receiver getting hot, what after 4 laps and then causing the car to runaway.

1) If the receivers are getting hot, why did mugen move the receiver next to the exhaust?

2)If the electronics is too cramp why didn't they just make the receiver box larger?

If you can explain to me what their reason is for moving the receiver to the other end of the car furthers away from the engine and pinions that would give me a better understanding.

the reason mugen gave for moving the rec box to the otherside is, its too close to the clutch and the vibration can b causing a glitch, guys we posted bout this from day one, we have ran 5 mrx5's on the team and trust me we did alot of testing and praticing and racing we have not had 1 runaway, we posted we got some glitching from, we found wrong sized screws were used in the wrong spots and screws were touching, also locktight any screw in aluminum anything that comes loose can cause a glitch, we have not used double sided tape or made holes to cool the rec and we have not had a problem double check your whole car if u are getting glitching its something real small u are over looking......

also in about 2 weeks or so brookly hobbies will have new front upper arms and ball ends that will use a 4mm turnbuckle and replace the 3mm also the 4mm ball end and arm will be made of stronger plastic this should take care of the problem with the weekness, but if your not happy with that and your a driver that taps boards alot throu on the mrx4 front end... and dont use the 1mm washer under the steering rod on the knuckle
Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Lord

Is there a way to see on a kit if it holds the new parts?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Is there a way to see on a kit if it holds the new parts?
When we receive the new parts we will install on one of the cars and provide video/ pics here and nyrc live YouTube. Stay tuned
Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

That is not what I ment.

If I order a fresh kit and the seller is telling me it has the new parts, can I see that on the box without opening it?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
the reason mugen gave for moving the rec box to the otherside is, its too close to the clutch and the vibration can b causing a glitch, guys we posted bout this from day one, we have ran 5 mrx5's on the team and trust me we did alot of testing and praticing and racing we have not had 1 runaway, we posted we got some glitching from, we found wrong sized screws were used in the wrong spots and screws were touching, also locktight any screw in aluminum anything that comes loose can cause a glitch, we have not used double sided tape or made holes to cool the rec and we have not had a problem double check your whole car if u are getting glitching its something real small u are over looking......

also in about 2 weeks or so brookly hobbies will have new front upper arms and ball ends that will use a 4mm turnbuckle and replace the 3mm also the 4mm ball end and arm will be made of stronger plastic this should take care of the problem with the weekness, but if your not happy with that and your a driver that taps boards alot throu on the mrx4 front end... and dont use the 1mm washer under the steering rod on the knuckle
I was told by a VERY good source that the reason the radio box was moved was because of the lack of air flow over the clutch/clutch bearings. It appeared some of the Euro guys were having high bearing failure due to too much heat, and not enough air flow over that area.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
I was told by a VERY good source that the reason the radio box was moved was because of the lack of air flow over the clutch/clutch bearings. It appeared some of the Euro guys were having high bearing failure due to too much heat, and not enough air flow over that area.
I think your source is right! I just realized my bearings failed.... great info! Thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

that is deff not y they moved it we have never had a bearing failure, beleave me i run my motors at 300 and never had a problem bearing failure is coming from bad clutch or no greese its getting plenty of air. its not a secert y they moved it i heard it from mugen themselfs
Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Are these Mugen parts or Brooklyn Hobbies parts, or some other source?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
That is not what I ment.

If I order a fresh kit and the seller is telling me it has the new parts, can I see that on the box without opening it?
Thats a good question for your distributor.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Are these Mugen parts or Brooklyn Hobbies parts, or some other source?
hey canyon,
They are aftermarket option parts being sold/distributed through Brooklyn hobbies........
Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that is deff not y they moved it we have never had a bearing failure, beleave me i run my motors at 300 and never had a problem bearing failure is coming from bad clutch or no greese its getting plenty of air. its not a secert y they moved it i heard it from mugen themselfs
Yes, they changed it because of the clutch issues.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default BEARING FAILURE

Originally Posted by X4
I think your source is right! I just realized my bearings failed.... great info! Thanks!
I too with the new car have blown 2 thrust bearings in florida . I havent blown a thrust bearing in 5 years . I am now looking at car in front of me and see there is no airflow over clutch . I will relocate my receiver also . Thanks for that info .

Richie Siriano
Brooklynhobbies.com
Old 02-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

How would moving the receiver to the left fix an airflow problem? The box will still be on the rightside and in the same place. Is Mugen supplying a new tray along with the left receiver mount?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Yes, they changed it because of the clutch issues.

That's speculation^^^^ Mugen moved the receiver for people who can't figure out their glitch problems... Look at the diagram, the receiver box is built in to the servo mold....
Old 02-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Francis M.
That's speculation^^^^ Mugen moved the receiver for people who can't figure out their glitch problems... Look at the diagram, the receiver box is built in to the servo mold....
No, it's not. As it happens last sunday I talked to one of the Mugen guys and he told me the reason why they revised the tray/box.
They are blowing bearings and the clutchbell/shoe is overheating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.