Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Ohhh, who asked you. What, do you think yer a team driver or something I've struggled with getting the hang of roll center changes for awhile, so I need to dumb it down to Git Err Dun...

BUT

At least I know the difference between since and sense
Doh! Friggin writers. My wifes an English major. She drives me nuts with that crap.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LOL Jon. My Father in-law was a teacher for over 25 years, along with my mother in-law, sister in-law, and wife...if you think I'm bad, you should have to deal with them.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Adrian, thanks for the kind words on the coverage today. Would have liked to have talked more but I had the boss (aka the Wife) calling in. Portland was a fun race to cover, especially when 2 friends, Paul and Hodge, both had good runs. Just so I have your reccomendations down:

2 degree front carriers
+1mm shim under the rear mounts
no shims under the front
New rear hubs

Did I miss anything? Besides the swaybar thing I mentioned to you, I did try running the same inserts front to rear and the car turned in waaaaaaay hard, uncontrollable. But when I went to a firmer front insert it desensitize the front end. I wonder if I would have moved the steering links to the middle hole in the bell cranks and kept the softer front inserts if that would have worked too. That's one of the nice things on this car, so many setup options, but not overly complex. Like Ottoman said, the car was pretty good too, but it's good to know that it can be better.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

OK..you need to run the same tires and inserts front and rear. Thats is what all of our setups are based on. You will then need to dial out steering. Which is a lot easier that dialing in steering.

Try PW's setup EXACTLY with the same tires/wheel/inserts front and rear then start tuning from there.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default mission shocks

Just wondering, has any bod replaced the shocks on their mission s1, i was thinking of repacing mine, with mabee hpi or tamiya evo ones, but not quite sure.
I'm not real satisfied with the stock ones(they leak and are not so smooth)

Wolf
Old 09-22-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

While we only ever used Schu shocks on the Mission I dont see why you wouldn't be able to make make the Tamiyas fit. You will have to fool around with the shock ends to get the right over all lenght.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Wolf, the std shocks can be made a little smoother by changing the small bottom seal for an MIP Blue one. These are generally smoother and are also a slightly better seal.

That said i did fit my Tamiya ones once. Like Adrian says you just need to sort the bottom shock mounting to get the correct length. I used the Associated botom eyelet as that was the perfect length. Also a std one with about 2mm cut off should be about right.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default PW Nats Setup

PW<

If you took your nats setup to a quite slippery and very bumpy track, what initial changes would you make to try to generate traction and cope with the bumps?

scott
Old 09-23-2004, 06:50 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Well I've never run in those conditions with the Mi2, so this would be a guessing game for me.

1. Go back to the stock rear hubs and use the outter most hole. Use 3deg in-board rear toe.

2. Stock roll-centers front and rear.

3. Lighter rear oil like 35wt and maybe even try AE green spring.

Try on thing at a time
Old 09-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys i've just won a mi2 kit (s1 version) at the btcc championship in England and i must say it was quiet a nice build and i can't wait to see how it runs on the track

Chazz
Old 09-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am getting a Mi2 but I have a few questions.
Do the stock bearings need degreasing?
Can you adjust the belt tension on the rear belt?
How stiff is the standard carbon chassis?
How is the car on small carpet tracks w/rubber tires?
Since I will mostly be running rubber tires do I need to get the lower shock towers?
I noticed in some of the pics on this thread that some people are removing the front screw on the motor mount- what is the reason for doing it?
Thanks
David
Old 09-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dway100
I am getting a Mi2 but I have a few questions.
Do the stock bearings need degreasing?
Can you adjust the belt tension on the rear belt?
How stiff is the standard carbon chassis?
How is the car on small carpet tracks w/rubber tires?
Since I will mostly be running rubber tires do I need to get the lower shock towers?
I noticed in some of the pics on this thread that some people are removing the front screw on the motor mount- what is the reason for doing it?
Thanks
David
Need degreasing, no, but you could. The drivetrain is very free once built.

Rear tensioning is adjustable, but I know a lot of people, including myself, that took all the tensioniers except for 1 off.

The car is pretty stiff, but on carpet something like the Temuu chassis would probibally work better.

I did some testing with my car with a brushless on rubber tires on carpet, and the car was bone stock...It ran very strong. Now I do have the carpet towers, so that's what I am running now.

front screw on the motor mount???
Old 09-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

The front screw on the motor mount/bulkhead just above the motor.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:46 PM
mo
Tech Master

We have been running without that screw because it give the chassis more equal flex from left to right since it is an odd screw that is only on one side of the car.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Is the flex the same both ways with the top plate still sitting on the motor mount or do you file it down some so that it does not touch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.