Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any Xray drivers have the XXX-main setup book???
I'm looking to get one,but i dont know if it has more info than the 'free' setup book from Xray.
Anyone?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, my xray is in the mail, and i just want to get all the drivers needed to work on it, before it comes.

Probably has this info here, but 213 pages is a little much to look through.
And i really didn't think this called for it's own thread.

Nut drivers?
Allen keys or drivers?
Star drivers?

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

1.no nut drivers needed
2.1.5mm,2.0mm,2.5mm hex drivers.a 1.5mm/2.0 allen key is good for adjusting the diffs.
3.Star drivers?Do u mean the pozi heads?not needed.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by lee82gx
Any Xray drivers have the XXX-main setup book???
I'm looking to get one,but i dont know if it has more info than the 'free' setup book from Xray.
Anyone?
i have both and read both. the xxx main goes more into depth its a good book helped me alot. it has a quick refernce in the back i still use from time to time. Jesse
Old 03-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, that was exactly all the info i needed.

I guess star drivers and pozi drivers are the same thing, i'm used to working on real cars, and we just call them star keys.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lee82gx
1.no nut drivers needed
2.1.5mm,2.0mm,2.5mm hex drivers.a 1.5mm/2.0 allen key is good for adjusting the diffs.
3.Star drivers?Do u mean the pozi heads?not needed.
You can get another 3.0mm hex driver to make your construction of the dampers/absorbers a breeze.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by J FAST
i have both and read both. the xxx main goes more into depth its a good book helped me alot. it has a quick refernce in the back i still use from time to time. Jesse
thanks
Old 03-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

I had a question. I am planning on getting the team kit but some people are telling me that it is only for carpet. Any info on that would be great.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No, all xrays can be driven on asphalt with changes to the setup. What part of PA are you from. If from the Philly area, I can help you if are racing at tracks around the area.

John
Old 03-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by RCchica
I had a question. I am planning on getting the team kit but some people are telling me that it is only for carpet. Any info on that would be great.
Probably want to get a chassis protector for the bottom of the graphite. Associated and others make them for about $8. otherwise you may need to replace the chassis every season if it starts to delaminate.

Stiff chassis will work for any surface, especially the xray since you can get different top decks to adjust the flex. essentially you need to run a softer suspension setting with slightly higher ground clearence. Rubber tires will make droop adjustment simple since you won't need to check them every run as tires wear.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default question for those that have converted to short arms

I just converted to the short arms and have a problem. I installed the rear arm with the droop screws toward the front of the arm. I am running purple spring all the way around. This is on an evo2 chassis. What I am noticing is that the rear arms flex quite a bit with the droop screws to the front and the springs mounted to the rear. i set my droop without the shocks mounted and then once I mount the shock, my droop gauge reads almost 2mm lower. Do I have the arms mounted upside down? or what is going on. I am using zero degree anti-squat and both arm mounts are toward the top.

thanks
Old 03-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Well right now I have the freedom of choice car. This weekend I am going to Hobbytown USA in West Chester to race. I race it on asphalt and carpet right now and it works just fine for me. Thanks for your input.

~Trinity

and yes my name is actually Trinity lol
Old 03-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by John Fontaine
No, all xrays can be driven on asphalt with changes to the setup. What part of PA are you from. If from the Philly area, I can help you if are racing at tracks around the area.

John
John, that's Trinity Wiker, you know her. You coming to the ORL this sunday? I might have a lacrosse game tommorow, so I might not be home, if I am, we can talk after I get home.
-Rob
Oh yeah, one more thing, come out to Malvern Prep and watch us play, you can see how the pros do it before your adult league starts. The game starts around 4:30!

Last edited by Rob Hochberg; 03-10-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: question for those that have converted to short arms

Originally posted by theisgroup
Do I have the arms mounted upside down? or what is going on. I am using zero degree anti-squat and both arm mounts are toward the top.

thanks
Theisgroup-I have the short arms installed and theres none of the problems your experiencing. You also have the arms mounted correctly.
For now-just set your droop by the lift the chassis method till you get the correct amunt of lift. Then take off the wheels and make sure right and left are equal and race it!!

I will tell you this-the droop adjsutments are BIG now. A little turn of the droop screw is a big change in droop!!!

Ray
Old 03-11-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: question for those that have converted to short arms

Originally posted by theisgroup
I just converted to the short arms and have a problem. I installed the rear arm with the droop screws toward the front of the arm. I am running purple spring all the way around. This is on an evo2 chassis. What I am noticing is that the rear arms flex quite a bit with the droop screws to the front and the springs mounted to the rear. i set my droop without the shocks mounted and then once I mount the shock, my droop gauge reads almost 2mm lower. Do I have the arms mounted upside down? or what is going on. I am using zero degree anti-squat and both arm mounts are toward the top.

thanks
That is spring pre load flexing the arms. The lever on the droop screws and arms makes it really easy to flex them.

Ray is correct, do what he said.

Only thing I can add is to check ride height before you start with droop screws, then after too,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.