Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

First day running XRay FOC

Finally got the car together and setup for some running at SoCal Raceway. First couple of packs the car was all over with the rear end super loose. After chatting with Master Ming (local driver running Xray) found out I had reversed the springs DOH!

Car was still a bit squirrely, took out anti dive front and back (back lower holes) added 1 more degree of caster in the front (pivot ball), slapped on some new Sorex 36/med inserts, and car started to hook up.

Adjusted radio for 35 expo on steering and was time to race. Car was way to twitchy and going around a wide sweeper a slight adjustment in steering tossed me over the rails twice in first qual. I had so much steering it was way to easy to throw the rear around. Reduced the steering throw a bit and adjusted the servo speed down by 15%. WARNING - NEVER NEVER NEVER adjust Servo speed!! Man, the car was all over the place in 2nd qual...hehe...Finally started to be able to anticipate the car but was a fight the whole race to keep from getting lapped.

Put servo speed back to normal, and adjusted steering to 55% expo and now the car was drivable. Because of the first two bad quals ended up in the B-main starting fourth. Ended up taking a second place.

Not all that bad for first day with new radio (Mars R), new ESC (VFS2000), and a new car
Old 03-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

An evo2 with spares will go for about 200-250.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Come and win a free xray at TQ hobbies Friday night series.
407-339-1899 or [email protected] To find out how call or email us...
Old 03-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

NVisible: I would say that the most that car should go for is $160 to $175. You could always replace the chassis with an Evo 2 flat stock graphite chassis or the BMI/Warpspeed aftermarket chassis.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

So you can get a T1R for 190$ on precision racing. Now for accessories.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Anyone who knows when the Xray T1 Factory Kit will be available ?

At teamxray.com they says it will be available in few weeks ? this was written 11. feb, about one month ago now ?

I am waiting for it !

Old 03-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was told by a dealer they would be available at the end of this month.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Guys. Can anyone share or show me where to find the setup for FOC using foams on the net?
Had problems setting the car using foams.
No problem running on rubber
Old 03-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there a a few set ups on mytsn.com , or look back on "TALKING WITH JOSH " thread his and ALEX LOPEZ'S set up are both on there as well.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Shayd
First day running XRay FOC

Finally got the car together and setup for some running at SoCal Raceway. First couple of packs the car was all over with the rear end super loose. After chatting with Master Ming (local driver running Xray) found out I had reversed the springs DOH!

Car was still a bit squirrely, took out anti dive front and back (back lower holes) added 1 more degree of caster in the front (pivot ball), slapped on some new Sorex 36/med inserts, and car started to hook up.

Adjusted radio for 35 expo on steering and was time to race. Car was way to twitchy and going around a wide sweeper a slight adjustment in steering tossed me over the rails twice in first qual. I had so much steering it was way to easy to throw the rear around. Reduced the steering throw a bit and adjusted the servo speed down by 15%. WARNING - NEVER NEVER NEVER adjust Servo speed!! Man, the car was all over the place in 2nd qual...hehe...Finally started to be able to anticipate the car but was a fight the whole race to keep from getting lapped.

Put servo speed back to normal, and adjusted steering to 55% expo and now the car was drivable. Because of the first two bad quals ended up in the B-main starting fourth. Ended up taking a second place.

Not all that bad for first day with new radio (Mars R), new ESC (VFS2000), and a new car
I was running my Xray at socal a few weeks ago and had good results. I ran blue springs front with white springs rear. 30 wt xray oil all around. 2 holes front/all open rear. Front sway bar set soft, no rear sway. Sorex 36R front/rear with HPI red inserts. C-hubs, 3º caster, 1/2º toe out front, 2º toe in rear, 1-1/2º camber front/rear, ride height 5 f/r. This setup worked well, maybe start from there. Neil also will have so tips for you.

Good luck.

John
Old 03-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks John for your input.

I have talked with Neil and he has given me a few ideas as well. I am at this point running the pivot ball setup (since I have never tried it out) and been working with a SoCal local 'Master' Ming...hehe...he doesn't yet know that I am calling him that, and since he is running the pivot ball setup it is helping alot.

Ran yesterday to try and get a handle on all the new stuff, and the car is starting to settle down with a few tweeks. Overall the XRay has SO much more steering then I had in the TC3 that I have to be careful as I can pretty much 'at will' spin it out (and without willing it as well!! )

A few more setup changes today and I should be rocking tonight. Oh, did I say I somehow managed to break the rear shock tower already?! OUCH, 26 bucks a pop for CF, and the Composite only has the lower set of holes and throws ride height all out of whack. What is up with that. Ended up purchasing 2 CF towers and have them back to back for reinforcement.

I think I need to get a second job so I can eat again!

Scott
Old 03-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Guys. Can anyone share or show me where to find the setup for FOC using foams on the net?
Had problems setting the car using foams.
No problem running on rubber
Find Alex's set-up from the champs, it is by far the best I have ran yet! Very easy to drive and a ton of corner speed. Sorry I wish I had a link for ya!

Good luck,

Kevin
Old 03-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Xray parts are pricy, no doubt about that! I broke a rear carbon fiber shock tower as well last year. It never broke in half, but cracked and the whole thing was flexing. It stinks, next time im going with a BMI shock towers since my BMI chassis is in the mail. It's thicker, stronger and cheaper! Hehe. Good luck finding the good setup for SOCAL. It's a tough track to drive but I had fun racing there with my fellow Fukuyama guys.

P.S. Say Hi to Randy for me. He's driving up there as we speak.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by wannabee
Find Alex's set-up from the champs, it is by far the best I have ran yet! Very easy to drive and a ton of corner speed. Sorry I wish I had a link for ya!

Good luck,

Kevin
I am having problems locating the set ups ...
Would appreciate it if anyone could provide me a link.
Seriously i have tried looking for it.
So if anyone has went through it and don mind sharing the link with me i would be much gratefull for it.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.mytsn.com/setups/setup.asp?sid=2219

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.