Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks dude.As far as mod goes,Cleveland will be my last mod race.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Let me edit the last comment i made.Cleveland will be my last stock race.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dudebro2001
Let me edit the last comment i made.Cleveland will be my last stock race.
It's time for Mod! Mod on carpet sounds like fun! Hopefully I'll be attending.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

For all you crazy Xray fanatics,here is the set-up i used to qualify and get second in touring stock at the Roar On-Road Nats

Front
Tire Premounted cs27 with stock insert
Medium3 Degree front castor block with 3 degrees of kick-up for a total of 6 castor.
Medium front arms.
Middle camber location on stock tower,
20lb xray spring{light blue}
30 weight shock oil with Adj pistons on 3 wholes open.
Shock mounting:all the way in.
droop setting is 1
On steering rack,the shortest position.
Camber-1
toe-0
ride height-5
Rear
Cs22 with stock insert
Rear medium arm
Rear arms run on the second hole on the bulkheads.
Camber link mounted on the stock position,no role center bridge.And inner on the rear hub carrier.
20lb xray spring{light blue}
Shock oil 30 wt, 3 holes open on the pistons.
Shock mounting 3rd from the inside hole.
Droop setting is 3
Camber-1
toe-2
ride height-5

Alex Lopez
Old 07-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Alex...Good Job down there! Modified,its about time!

Brian Jucha

P.S. Is TQ Hobbies your track...looks dialed!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

T.q Hobbies is owned by my father,Gabriel Lopez.It is located in Orlando.I live in Miami.Modified touring for me will be right around the corner.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi Xray drivers.
I need your advice. I have a post currently asking the question ...Tamiya 414 vs Xray E2?? I think I'm leaning toward getting an Xray so i could really use some honest opinions about the car. I'm not looking to justify performance....I think the Xray AND the 414 have proven themselves. What I'm looking for is comments about the quality and ease of maintenence of the car. I'm so tired of dealing with a top of the line car(currently drive the Tamiya Evo 3) that is a bitch to do even simple work on. I also find myself leaning toward belt drive again.
Is the Xray as easy to maintain, repair and tune as it appears??? I'd appreciate your comments. PM me if you prefer. Thanks
Old 07-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hi Xray drivers.
I need your advice. I have a post currently asking the question ...Tamiya 414 vs Xray E2?? I think I'm leaning toward getting an Xray so i could really use some honest opinions about the car. I'm not looking to justify performance....I think the Xray AND the 414 have proven themselves. What I'm looking for is comments about the quality and ease of maintenence of the car. I'm so tired of dealing with a top of the line car(currently drive the Tamiya Evo 3) that is a bitch to do even simple work on. I also find myself leaning toward belt drive again.
Is the Xray as easy to maintain, repair and tune as it appears??? I'd appreciate your comments. PM me if you prefer. Thanks
Hi,

Once your initial set-up is done, it is almost (notice I said almost) maintenece free. The car is very logical and easy to work on. Like with all cars, things do break but the fit and finishes on this car is down right precise. There should be any problems. Do make sure you get the optional Spring Steel front wheel hubs as the Duraluminium ones will bend and catch the bearings.

Good luck with your choices.

Jimmy
Old 07-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Xray drivers.
I just made the switch back to Xray from shaft, I have to say that it was the best one yet...With the Xray even if it is a little outta tune it still drives good...Working on them is a dream since all of the parts are a perfect fit...Spare parts are awesome too, no more buying 5 things to get what you need, just buy as/when needed...Which won't be often the car has very little stress points...Did I mention the car looks freak'n cool too?

Good luck, hope to see ya posting future set-ups

Kevin
Old 07-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Xray drivers.
Evoracer

Did you check out my post on your thread?
Old 07-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yep....sure did Neil. Thanks for the comments. My questions are now aimed squarely at the Xray rather than choosing between the 2 cars. I'm at a bit of a dis-advantage because I've only seen the Xray up close once(at the Snowbird Nats) The Xray team was great about answering questions and I left thinking the Xray is something I might like. My current complaints with the Evo3 all center around maintenence. Thats why the renewed interest in the Xray. You guy's use them regularly and I'm sure most of you have experience with other cars. Is the car really as user friendly as the website shows. I know it offers alot of tuning choices but is it easy to work on and does it have any problem areas when you try to do repairs or basic race prep like changing pinions or spurs?? Diff access?? turnbuckle adjustments?? Belt adjustments?? Somebody put on your best used car salesman face and tell it like it is !!! LOL Thanks
Old 07-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Yep....sure did Neil. Thanks for the comments. My questions are now aimed squarely at the Xray rather than choosing between the 2 cars. I'm at a bit of a dis-advantage because I've only seen the Xray up close once(at the Snowbird Nats) The Xray team was great about answering questions and I left thinking the Xray is something I might like. My current complaints with the Evo3 all center around maintenence. Thats why the renewed interest in the Xray. You guy's use them regularly and I'm sure most of you have experience with other cars. Is the car really as user friendly as the website shows. I know it offers alot of tuning choices but is it easy to work on and does it have any problem areas when you try to do repairs or basic race prep like changing pinions or spurs?? Diff access?? turnbuckle adjustments?? Belt adjustments?? Somebody put on your best used car salesman face and tell it like it is !!! LOL Thanks
The diffs are EZ to remove, (not the quickest) but you can adjust them externally which is awesome, turnbuckle same as any other touring car, with the fact they are made from Hudy spring steel, the car has the "cam" feature in the bulkheads that makes it possible to adjust tension with out the optional belt tensioner(303070)...Go for the new 1.77 low ratio pully set, and you'll have a very free car that has alittle more rip...
Old 07-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who's run the 1.77 gears with the monster stock? How did it perform vs the 2.125 gears? I am about to get a set and wondered how they worked with this motor.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Devin
Who's run the 1.77 gears with the monster stock? How did it perform vs the 2.125 gears? I am about to get a set and wondered how they worked with this motor.
Pick up a 128 tooth spur (64) that way your motor doesn't hit the belts, I ran it in my main over the weekend, and had a bad run and still almost matched what I qualified with...So IMO I would say it helped, also it seemed to add some steering in and out, I also noticed off the line I was able to pull a TC3...So it seemed to give me a noticable more RIP...
Old 07-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm running a 124 right now. Wonder if that will hit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.