R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2003, 08:49 AM   #3931
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Thanks dude.As far as mod goes,Cleveland will be my last mod race.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:50 AM   #3932
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

Let me edit the last comment i made.Cleveland will be my last stock race.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:41 AM   #3933
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dudebro2001
Let me edit the last comment i made.Cleveland will be my last stock race.
It's time for Mod! Mod on carpet sounds like fun! Hopefully I'll be attending.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:45 PM   #3934
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

For all you crazy Xray fanatics,here is the set-up i used to qualify and get second in touring stock at the Roar On-Road Nats

Front
Tire Premounted cs27 with stock insert
Medium3 Degree front castor block with 3 degrees of kick-up for a total of 6 castor.
Medium front arms.
Middle camber location on stock tower,
20lb xray spring{light blue}
30 weight shock oil with Adj pistons on 3 wholes open.
Shock mounting:all the way in.
droop setting is 1
On steering rack,the shortest position.
Camber-1
toe-0
ride height-5
Rear
Cs22 with stock insert
Rear medium arm
Rear arms run on the second hole on the bulkheads.
Camber link mounted on the stock position,no role center bridge.And inner on the rear hub carrier.
20lb xray spring{light blue}
Shock oil 30 wt, 3 holes open on the pistons.
Shock mounting 3rd from the inside hole.
Droop setting is 3
Camber-1
toe-2
ride height-5


Alex Lopez
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:28 PM   #3935
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 298
Default

Alex...Good Job down there! Modified,its about time!

Brian Jucha

P.S. Is TQ Hobbies your track...looks dialed!
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:22 AM   #3936
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: M-I-A
Posts: 591
Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez
Default

T.q Hobbies is owned by my father,Gabriel Lopez.It is located in Orlando.I live in Miami.Modified touring for me will be right around the corner.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #3937
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Hi Xray drivers.
I need your advice. I have a post currently asking the question ...Tamiya 414 vs Xray E2?? I think I'm leaning toward getting an Xray so i could really use some honest opinions about the car. I'm not looking to justify performance....I think the Xray AND the 414 have proven themselves. What I'm looking for is comments about the quality and ease of maintenence of the car. I'm so tired of dealing with a top of the line car(currently drive the Tamiya Evo 3) that is a bitch to do even simple work on. I also find myself leaning toward belt drive again.
Is the Xray as easy to maintain, repair and tune as it appears??? I'd appreciate your comments. PM me if you prefer. Thanks
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:22 PM   #3938
Tech Regular
 
Jimmy Fukuyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: PCanywhere I think?!
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
Hi Xray drivers.
I need your advice. I have a post currently asking the question ...Tamiya 414 vs Xray E2?? I think I'm leaning toward getting an Xray so i could really use some honest opinions about the car. I'm not looking to justify performance....I think the Xray AND the 414 have proven themselves. What I'm looking for is comments about the quality and ease of maintenence of the car. I'm so tired of dealing with a top of the line car(currently drive the Tamiya Evo 3) that is a bitch to do even simple work on. I also find myself leaning toward belt drive again.
Is the Xray as easy to maintain, repair and tune as it appears??? I'd appreciate your comments. PM me if you prefer. Thanks
Hi,

Once your initial set-up is done, it is almost (notice I said almost) maintenece free. The car is very logical and easy to work on. Like with all cars, things do break but the fit and finishes on this car is down right precise. There should be any problems. Do make sure you get the optional Spring Steel front wheel hubs as the Duraluminium ones will bend and catch the bearings.

Good luck with your choices.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:30 PM   #3939
Tech Elite
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
Hi Xray drivers.
I need your advice. I have a post currently asking the question ...Tamiya 414 vs Xray E2?? I think I'm leaning toward getting an Xray so i could really use some honest opinions about the car. I'm not looking to justify performance....I think the Xray AND the 414 have proven themselves. What I'm looking for is comments about the quality and ease of maintenence of the car. I'm so tired of dealing with a top of the line car(currently drive the Tamiya Evo 3) that is a bitch to do even simple work on. I also find myself leaning toward belt drive again.
Is the Xray as easy to maintain, repair and tune as it appears??? I'd appreciate your comments. PM me if you prefer. Thanks
I just made the switch back to Xray from shaft, I have to say that it was the best one yet...With the Xray even if it is a little outta tune it still drives good...Working on them is a dream since all of the parts are a perfect fit...Spare parts are awesome too, no more buying 5 things to get what you need, just buy as/when needed...Which won't be often the car has very little stress points...Did I mention the car looks freak'n cool too?

Good luck, hope to see ya posting future set-ups

Kevin
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #3940
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
Hi Xray drivers.
I need your advice. I have a post currently asking the question ...Tamiya 414 vs Xray E2?? I think I'm leaning toward getting an Xray so i could really use some honest opinions about the car. I'm not looking to justify performance....I think the Xray AND the 414 have proven themselves. What I'm looking for is comments about the quality and ease of maintenence of the car. I'm so tired of dealing with a top of the line car(currently drive the Tamiya Evo 3) that is a bitch to do even simple work on. I also find myself leaning toward belt drive again.
Is the Xray as easy to maintain, repair and tune as it appears??? I'd appreciate your comments. PM me if you prefer. Thanks
Evoracer

Did you check out my post on your thread?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:09 PM   #3941
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yep....sure did Neil. Thanks for the comments. My questions are now aimed squarely at the Xray rather than choosing between the 2 cars. I'm at a bit of a dis-advantage because I've only seen the Xray up close once(at the Snowbird Nats) The Xray team was great about answering questions and I left thinking the Xray is something I might like. My current complaints with the Evo3 all center around maintenence. Thats why the renewed interest in the Xray. You guy's use them regularly and I'm sure most of you have experience with other cars. Is the car really as user friendly as the website shows. I know it offers alot of tuning choices but is it easy to work on and does it have any problem areas when you try to do repairs or basic race prep like changing pinions or spurs?? Diff access?? turnbuckle adjustments?? Belt adjustments?? Somebody put on your best used car salesman face and tell it like it is !!! LOL Thanks
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:19 PM   #3942
Tech Elite
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoracer
Yep....sure did Neil. Thanks for the comments. My questions are now aimed squarely at the Xray rather than choosing between the 2 cars. I'm at a bit of a dis-advantage because I've only seen the Xray up close once(at the Snowbird Nats) The Xray team was great about answering questions and I left thinking the Xray is something I might like. My current complaints with the Evo3 all center around maintenence. Thats why the renewed interest in the Xray. You guy's use them regularly and I'm sure most of you have experience with other cars. Is the car really as user friendly as the website shows. I know it offers alot of tuning choices but is it easy to work on and does it have any problem areas when you try to do repairs or basic race prep like changing pinions or spurs?? Diff access?? turnbuckle adjustments?? Belt adjustments?? Somebody put on your best used car salesman face and tell it like it is !!! LOL Thanks
The diffs are EZ to remove, (not the quickest) but you can adjust them externally which is awesome, turnbuckle same as any other touring car, with the fact they are made from Hudy spring steel, the car has the "cam" feature in the bulkheads that makes it possible to adjust tension with out the optional belt tensioner(303070)...Go for the new 1.77 low ratio pully set, and you'll have a very free car that has alittle more rip...
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:27 PM   #3943
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

Who's run the 1.77 gears with the monster stock? How did it perform vs the 2.125 gears? I am about to get a set and wondered how they worked with this motor.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #3944
Tech Elite
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
Who's run the 1.77 gears with the monster stock? How did it perform vs the 2.125 gears? I am about to get a set and wondered how they worked with this motor.
Pick up a 128 tooth spur (64) that way your motor doesn't hit the belts, I ran it in my main over the weekend, and had a bad run and still almost matched what I qualified with...So IMO I would say it helped, also it seemed to add some steering in and out, I also noticed off the line I was able to pull a TC3...So it seemed to give me a noticable more RIP...
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:57 PM   #3945
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

I'm running a 124 right now. Wonder if that will hit?
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net