Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Thanks a lot, Johnny! That's some usefull info right there. I'll start with that.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Need a little more info first. Track size, traction level, carpet or asphalt?
Medium track,prety high traction,carpet.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cailas
Medium track,prety high traction,carpet.
Ok, I'll give it a try but don't know alot about the X12 motor, so what ever you do, check your motor temps every couple minutes.

I'd use the default settings for 17.5/2s for the base and then adjust the following. FDR of 7.5 (temp check) with 2 dot insert. Change the timing set point to 5500, start with timing at 30* and boost on, set the delay to 375ms. use 0 for minimum drive but if you need more puch up this to 1 or 2. Go to the modify setting for a custom curve and select default curve 3. The brake settings are something you'll have to play with a bit, personal preference, but this should get you going.......just watch those temps and if to aggressive out of corners, try to soften the throttle curve and min drive.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Spec mode racing

Anyone try this thing in spec mode yet? I will be running it this way for the first time this weekend. I have changed, my FDR to 3.9 and the motor is only getting in the 120 range so I could probably get down to the 3.5 recommended on the novak site. I did notice that if you are going to run it this way that the endbell timing needs to be cranked or the whole thing seems really slow. Even with a FDR of 3.9. Overall though I am impressed with the amount of rip out of the corners. Turned the drive freq all the way down and that seemed to wake it up a little more too. The track where I race the lap times were pretty consistent when I was running timing. Which seems a little weird as I thought the dynamic timing was suppose to be making a huge difference in lap times. But that's probably due to the size of the track. Bigger the straights the better faster the achievable top speed.

Just wondering if anyone else has put it through its paces in spec mode and had similar results.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macdude
Anyone try this thing in spec mode yet? I will be running it this way for the first time this weekend. I have changed, my FDR to 3.9 and the motor is only getting in the 120 range so I could probably get down to the 3.5 recommended on the novak site. I did notice that if you are going to run it this way that the endbell timing needs to be cranked or the whole thing seems really slow. Even with a FDR of 3.9. Overall though I am impressed with the amount of rip out of the corners. Turned the drive freq all the way down and that seemed to wake it up a little more too. The track where I race the lap times were pretty consistent when I was running timing. Which seems a little weird as I thought the dynamic timing was suppose to be making a huge difference in lap times. But that's probably due to the size of the track. Bigger the straights the better faster the achievable top speed.

Just wondering if anyone else has put it through its paces in spec mode and had similar results.
Is there a Spec mode for the Kinetic? Or do you mean default with no timing and boost
Old 10-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ran mine last weekend is spec, ballistic 17.5 motor timing on 40, Mi4lp geared 3.8, esc setting were all at default settings. out ran every one. the car was, well..... BALLISTIC. oh yea and motor temps were only 130, esc was 90. it was a cold day
Old 10-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raman
Is there a Spec mode for the Kinetic? Or do you mean default with no timing and boost
No timing is spec mode as far as I know. It's roar approved.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

when you go thru the one step setup it puts it in spec mode. the white light doesn't come on. I'm not sure its an official 'mode' but all the timing and boost is off.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skypilot
when you go thru the one step setup it puts it in spec mode. the white light doesn't come on. I'm not sure its an official 'mode' but all the timing and boost is off.
I just set the timing to zero via the novalink. As long as the white LED is out I think your are good to go. All the other settings can still be adjusted. I am running throttle profile 3, and the lowest drive frequency to get a little more punch out of the corners.

Glad to hear your car was "ballistic". I am hoping that I have a good weekend with it like this. One less thing to adjust
Old 10-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

I've run is spec mode and have found similar information. Play with your min drive setting as well and it should work very well. Throttle curve setting adjustment will make the mid range power feel more drivable/controlable.

ROAR spec setting for the Kinetic is boost off with no flashing white led.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any one have an idea on the WGT 13.5 single cell set-up.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Ok, I'll give it a try but don't know alot about the X12 motor, so what ever you do, check your motor temps every couple minutes.

I'd use the default settings for 17.5/2s for the base and then adjust the following. FDR of 7.5 (temp check) with 2 dot insert. Change the timing set point to 5500, start with timing at 30* and boost on, set the delay to 375ms. use 0 for minimum drive but if you need more puch up this to 1 or 2. Go to the modify setting for a custom curve and select default curve 3. The brake settings are something you'll have to play with a bit, personal preference, but this should get you going.......just watch those temps and if to aggressive out of corners, try to soften the throttle curve and min drive.

With 25 timing perfect setup, ~80 celsius in 5minutes.. today in practise was two tcx with LRP SS spec regs,but my car was fastest. So now I need to learn drive better.

p.s when will be soft for MAC?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:14 PM
am
Tech Master

Hi!

Can i use the Kinetic 1s without reciver battery? As i understand it delivers 6V and a max at 3Amps of current.

What is the hight of the Kinetic 2S?

Thanks!!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

the 1s will not turn out without a rcvr pack. size of esc is listed on www.teamnovak.com
Old 10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just set the timing to zero via the novalink. As long as the white LED is out I think your are good to go. All the other settings can still be adjusted. I am running throttle profile 3, and the lowest drive frequency to get a little more punch out of the corners.

Glad to hear your car was "ballistic". I am hoping that I have a good weekend with it like this. One less thing to adjust
Well I was way under geared. The top guys running in the spec class were 3.2 FDR.

FYI the Novak has way more rip than the Tekin in spec mode. Top speed is about the same but novak was pulling way harder out of the corners. And it was easier to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.