Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Promatch, are you going to 35amp discharge if not why? i have been in rc racing now almost 1 year and been using you packs but i tried some other brand my last race with 35amp discharge and it had more punch i am not shore if it's because of the 35amp discharge but it felt more punchy.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I would start off by saying you are probably not comparing apples to apples.
If you used someone else’s batteries that are newer and have been taken care
of differently than your packs. Yes it is quit possible you felt more punch.

There would be no difference in punch by matching at 30 amps vs. 35 amps.
SMC started matching at 35 amps campain claiming that it would weed out the weaker
cells. I'm sure it does. It is more important on how you take care of your cells. Than at what amp
discharge they where matched at to keep the performance in your pack. Most
packs are very badly degraded by the racer when they build their packs. Heat from
the soldering iron is a batteries worst enemy. Trust me
Old 03-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DCARD
I would start off by saying you are probably not comparing apples to apples.
If you used someone else’s batteries that are newer and have been taken care
of differently than your packs. Yes it is quit possible you felt more punch.

There would be no difference in punch by matching at 30 amps vs. 35 amps.
SMC started matching at 35 amps campain claiming that it would weed out the weaker
cells. I'm sure it does. It is more important on how you take care of your cells. Than at what amp
discharge they where matched at to keep the performance in your pack. Most
packs are very badly degraded by the racer when they build their packs. Heat from
the soldering iron is a batteries worst enemy. Trust me
Thank you for the information, but putting my packs together i never do myself dad and a few of is friends do all that for me the only thing i do is drive the car around my track which is in my dad basket ball court home made, i never go out and race i guess when i get a little older.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tekin Battery Doctor? Why?

Why does Jeff Roe recommend the Tekin battery doctor so highly?

It seems the Novak smart tray does the same thing, except that you can adjust the Volt cutoff on the Novak. That seems to be a huge advantage as battery maintenance protocols seem to change all the time. Like in the Fusion company battery forum, they're saying it's harmful to equalize NIMH cells now past 0.9v. But the Tekin takes it down to 0.5v

I'm just frustrated since i just got the Tekin discharger based on Jeff's recommendation, but just found out Novak's seems to be much better since it can 'change with the times' with its adjustable voltage cutoff, for only $20 more.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

I have a question about new packs, for the first time you run the packs it takes about two to three runs before you see the full potential of the packs what if you give the packs or pack a cycle before you race say the night before you race would you get the best result in doing so? or should you let the pack rest for a few day before racing?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is Promatch not doing IP3800 any more? I see the March special unmatched packs, but I don't see any matched packs.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

dway100 - Im sure they are. I just put my order in for the Losi race and I got 3800 matched packs. Tey looking here and see if this is what you need.

http://www.promatchracing.com/IB3800.htm

-EG
Old 03-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Eddie
I am looking for the IP3800 cells (Infinite Power), not the IB3800. The IP3800 are red. Here is a pic of the UNmatched paks.
-David
Attached Thumbnails Pro-match Batteries-ipunsxs.jpg  
Old 03-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Woops. My bad there. Sorry about that one. Its Friday and I am ready for the weekend. Sorry. You would have to ask them directly I would guess on that one if it is no longer on our site.

[email protected]

-EG
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by youn0243
Why does Jeff Roe recommend the Tekin battery doctor so highly?

It seems the Novak smart tray does the same thing, except that you can adjust the Volt cutoff on the Novak. That seems to be a huge advantage as battery maintenance protocols seem to change all the time. Like in the Fusion company battery forum, they're saying it's harmful to equalize NIMH cells now past 0.9v. But the Tekin takes it down to 0.5v

I'm just frustrated since i just got the Tekin discharger based on Jeff's recommendation, but just found out Novak's seems to be much better since it can 'change with the times' with its adjustable voltage cutoff, for only $20 more.
The only thing I can tell you is... trust Jeff Roe, he has been in this alot longer is knows his stuff. He would lead you the wrong way.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I have a question about new packs, for the first time you run the packs it takes about two to three runs before you see the full potential of the packs what if you give the packs or pack a cycle before you race say the night before you race would you get the best result in doing so? or should you let the pack rest for a few day before racing?
It is always best to run the packs in the car for those first few cycles, the straight cycle doesn't wake them up like actaully runnning them does.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by promatchrcr
It is always best to run the packs in the car for those first few cycles, the straight cycle doesn't wake them up like actaully runnning them does.
yup... i run my new packs in practice. then the 2nd or 3rd charge... WATCH OUT!

last i spoke with Erika.. the IPs were not selling, so they discontinued matching them. the GPs were not holding up to par with the IBs.. so they stopped those also.

for those asking about the Tekin tray.. its a very nice tray.. one of the nicest ones out there. i highly recommend it because it equalizes at 0.7 when the lights go out..and down to 0.5v (after some time). so your not killing your IBs..(word on the internet is they dont like to be deadshorted).. just squeezing as much as you can out of it.

good stuff. thanks again to Jay for hooking that up through ProMatch.

for those who race stock... the IB3600s are ripping.. mine are alive (3rd charge on saturday). great voltage throughout. much cheaper than the 3800s..and lighter also. ill weigh them this week and give you guys some figures.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

dway100- we are no longer matching the IP3800's

youn0243- Jeff, likes that it is non-polarized which is a big deal when it comes to assembled packs and equalizing.

Help me out please!!!
I need to know what R/C magazine everyone reads, which one do you prefer and why??????
Old 03-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMRGirl
dway100- we are no longer matching the IP3800's

youn0243- Jeff, likes that it is non-polarized which is a big deal when it comes to assembled packs and equalizing.

Help me out please!!!
I need to know what R/C magazine everyone reads, which one do you prefer and why??????
xtreme RC is good.... rc car action is nothing but ads now, but good content. r/c car is also good albeit on the small side. same with RC Driver

my ranked order:

1a. r/c car
1b. rc driver
1c. xtreme rc
2. rc car action

erika.. CRACK PACKS please.. rod wont mind. i swear he wont.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

XTREME !!!!

Derek Buono is the MAN !!!!!

-EG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.