R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #4186
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Promatch, are you going to 35amp discharge if not why? i have been in rc racing now almost 1 year and been using you packs but i tried some other brand my last race with 35amp discharge and it had more punch i am not shore if it's because of the 35amp discharge but it felt more punchy.
Mike Jordan jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #4187
Tech Initiate
 
DCARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 39
Default

I would start off by saying you are probably not comparing apples to apples.
If you used someone else’s batteries that are newer and have been taken care
of differently than your packs. Yes it is quit possible you felt more punch.

There would be no difference in punch by matching at 30 amps vs. 35 amps.
.
SMC started matching at 35 amps campain claiming that it would weed out the weaker
cells. I'm sure it does. It is more important on how you take care of your cells. Than at what amp
discharge they where matched at to keep the performance in your pack. Most
packs are very badly degraded by the racer when they build their packs. Heat from
the soldering iron is a batteries worst enemy. Trust me
DCARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #4188
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCARD
I would start off by saying you are probably not comparing apples to apples.
If you used someone else’s batteries that are newer and have been taken care
of differently than your packs. Yes it is quit possible you felt more punch.

There would be no difference in punch by matching at 30 amps vs. 35 amps.
.
SMC started matching at 35 amps campain claiming that it would weed out the weaker
cells. I'm sure it does. It is more important on how you take care of your cells. Than at what amp
discharge they where matched at to keep the performance in your pack. Most
packs are very badly degraded by the racer when they build their packs. Heat from
the soldering iron is a batteries worst enemy. Trust me
Thank you for the information, but putting my packs together i never do myself dad and a few of is friends do all that for me the only thing i do is drive the car around my track which is in my dad basket ball court home made, i never go out and race i guess when i get a little older.
Mike Jordan jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #4189
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
Default Tekin Battery Doctor? Why?

Why does Jeff Roe recommend the Tekin battery doctor so highly?

It seems the Novak smart tray does the same thing, except that you can adjust the Volt cutoff on the Novak. That seems to be a huge advantage as battery maintenance protocols seem to change all the time. Like in the Fusion company battery forum, they're saying it's harmful to equalize NIMH cells now past 0.9v. But the Tekin takes it down to 0.5v

I'm just frustrated since i just got the Tekin discharger based on Jeff's recommendation, but just found out Novak's seems to be much better since it can 'change with the times' with its adjustable voltage cutoff, for only $20 more.
youn0243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #4190
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 192
Default

I have a question about new packs, for the first time you run the packs it takes about two to three runs before you see the full potential of the packs what if you give the packs or pack a cycle before you race say the night before you race would you get the best result in doing so? or should you let the pack rest for a few day before racing?
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:31 AM   #4191
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Carlinville IL
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Is Promatch not doing IP3800 any more? I see the March special unmatched packs, but I don't see any matched packs.
dway100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #4192
Tech Regular
 
Eddie Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mc $ MAFIA
Posts: 492
Send a message via AIM to Eddie Garrison
Default

dway100 - Im sure they are. I just put my order in for the Losi race and I got 3800 matched packs. Tey looking here and see if this is what you need.

http://www.promatchracing.com/IB3800.htm

-EG
__________________
Team Losi | Banzai Motors | Pro-Match Racing | Tekin Electronics | Matt Francis Enterprises | Team Peanut | Hodgimoto Racing | McMoney Designs
Eddie Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:06 AM   #4193
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Carlinville IL
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Eddie
I am looking for the IP3800 cells (Infinite Power), not the IB3800. The IP3800 are red. Here is a pic of the UNmatched paks.
-David
Attached Thumbnails
Pro-match Batteries-ipunsxs.jpg  
dway100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #4194
Tech Regular
 
Eddie Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mc $ MAFIA
Posts: 492
Send a message via AIM to Eddie Garrison
Default

Woops. My bad there. Sorry about that one. Its Friday and I am ready for the weekend. Sorry. You would have to ask them directly I would guess on that one if it is no longer on our site.

[email protected]

-EG
__________________
Team Losi | Banzai Motors | Pro-Match Racing | Tekin Electronics | Matt Francis Enterprises | Team Peanut | Hodgimoto Racing | McMoney Designs
Eddie Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:24 AM   #4195
Tech Master
 
jaysimpson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,869
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youn0243
Why does Jeff Roe recommend the Tekin battery doctor so highly?

It seems the Novak smart tray does the same thing, except that you can adjust the Volt cutoff on the Novak. That seems to be a huge advantage as battery maintenance protocols seem to change all the time. Like in the Fusion company battery forum, they're saying it's harmful to equalize NIMH cells now past 0.9v. But the Tekin takes it down to 0.5v

I'm just frustrated since i just got the Tekin discharger based on Jeff's recommendation, but just found out Novak's seems to be much better since it can 'change with the times' with its adjustable voltage cutoff, for only $20 more.
The only thing I can tell you is... trust Jeff Roe, he has been in this alot longer is knows his stuff. He would lead you the wrong way.
__________________
Kalgard Racing
Banzai Motorsports
ProMatch Racing
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:27 AM   #4196
Tech Master
 
jaysimpson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,869
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I have a question about new packs, for the first time you run the packs it takes about two to three runs before you see the full potential of the packs what if you give the packs or pack a cycle before you race say the night before you race would you get the best result in doing so? or should you let the pack rest for a few day before racing?
It is always best to run the packs in the car for those first few cycles, the straight cycle doesn't wake them up like actaully runnning them does.
__________________
Kalgard Racing
Banzai Motorsports
ProMatch Racing
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #4197
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by promatchrcr
It is always best to run the packs in the car for those first few cycles, the straight cycle doesn't wake them up like actaully runnning them does.
yup... i run my new packs in practice. then the 2nd or 3rd charge... WATCH OUT!

last i spoke with Erika.. the IPs were not selling, so they discontinued matching them. the GPs were not holding up to par with the IBs.. so they stopped those also.

for those asking about the Tekin tray.. its a very nice tray.. one of the nicest ones out there. i highly recommend it because it equalizes at 0.7 when the lights go out..and down to 0.5v (after some time). so your not killing your IBs..(word on the internet is they dont like to be deadshorted).. just squeezing as much as you can out of it.

good stuff. thanks again to Jay for hooking that up through ProMatch.

for those who race stock... the IB3600s are ripping.. mine are alive (3rd charge on saturday). great voltage throughout. much cheaper than the 3800s..and lighter also. ill weigh them this week and give you guys some figures.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #4198
Tech Regular
 
PMRGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 373
Default

dway100- we are no longer matching the IP3800's

youn0243- Jeff, likes that it is non-polarized which is a big deal when it comes to assembled packs and equalizing.


Help me out please!!!
I need to know what R/C magazine everyone reads, which one do you prefer and why??????
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:22 PM   #4199
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRGirl
dway100- we are no longer matching the IP3800's

youn0243- Jeff, likes that it is non-polarized which is a big deal when it comes to assembled packs and equalizing.


Help me out please!!!
I need to know what R/C magazine everyone reads, which one do you prefer and why??????
xtreme RC is good.... rc car action is nothing but ads now, but good content. r/c car is also good albeit on the small side. same with RC Driver

my ranked order:

1a. r/c car
1b. rc driver
1c. xtreme rc
2. rc car action



erika.. CRACK PACKS please.. rod wont mind. i swear he wont.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #4200
Tech Regular
 
Eddie Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mc $ MAFIA
Posts: 492
Send a message via AIM to Eddie Garrison
Default

XTREME !!!!

Derek Buono is the MAN !!!!!

-EG
__________________
Team Losi | Banzai Motors | Pro-Match Racing | Tekin Electronics | Matt Francis Enterprises | Team Peanut | Hodgimoto Racing | McMoney Designs
Eddie Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro-Match Batteries Goingfast R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 03-02-2008 12:00 PM
Pro Match Batteries............. RH Customs Electric Off-Road 8 01-17-2006 10:19 AM
Pro Match Batteries dmayhew25 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-26-2005 05:49 PM
FS: 4 Pro Match Batteries L.Fairtrace R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-10-2004 06:41 PM
How do you zap and match batteries Yokomo Aust Electric On-Road 24 05-10-2004 12:41 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net