Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

v12, i hope i can answer this sunday evening....rollcenter (i dont know if it is called rollcenter what changes with the new parts...) is 2mm higher...i dont know-i'll try....
Old 12-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 415 on carpet with foams...

Originally posted by koabich
For all you guys wondering about if the 415 is a good with foams on carpet...THIS CAR IS A MONSTER!!

It was terrible with the wrong set-up (as most cars are). But with the correct set-up, it is just plain incredible.

I am currently performing some minor tweaks to the set-up and will post it if anyone is interested!

I have always been slower when compared to the fastest A-main guys, at our track, by about .25 seconds. We race on Friday nights. While I did not race, I ran during the day. On Saturday, I went in to the track to check the laptimes and I was faster, on average of .1 seconds, than the A-Main guys that raced that night. I was running the stock belts and they were set extremely tight and my motor had 5 packs through it and I was using average batteries. Needless to say I was shocked as to how fast this car was and in the fact that my lap times are always faster when I race than when I practice. So my times should have been faster if I had raced.
But not only was I faster, I was so much more consistant with the 415 over my TC3.

My car is basically a stock 415. I have an aluminum front diff and locked center pulley. That's really it. Oh yeah, for added stiffness, I superglued 2 top decks together to help reduce flex.

I will post the set-up if anyone is interested!

I would stay away from the MS if you intend to race on carpet. You need the thicker chassis and the stock suspension!!
hey man if you have any kind of set up please help us i am having a hell of time with mine really a hard car to set up for carpet with foams i have the front jorgen diff i am using the corally blades and there is no wear on them at all and ivebeen running them for 2 months .
Old 12-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TCR
I'm saying first shipment, Tamiya said they would be very limited.

for the price of 459.95
I dont know.

I'm just saying Ultimate has them in stock if people are looking for them.

I dont know who else has them in stock
so are you saying that the first batch of 415 MS will differ from the ones after it? What exactly do you mean by "Tamiya said they would be very limited."
Old 12-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by FW05R
so are you saying that the first batch of 415 MS will differ from the ones after it? What exactly do you mean by "Tamiya said they would be very limited."
I think he's trying to say 'first shipment quantity is limited (not many being imported on first shipment), so it might be hard to get one?' I kinda ripped into him about it on earlier post.. but I find it hard to beleive Tamiya would only import 50 units on first shipment...

Can anyone verify?? DJ's been sighted over in Evo4 thread, may be he can come here and clear it up.

Personally, running on carpet with foams, can't imagine switching over to MS anytime soon, it's already up to all MS specs, minus chassis/LW suspension. This car is absolutely ballistic on foams. Who would've though.. good Tamiya foam car?
Old 12-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

considering you can buld a front diff with Yok parts, for less then $20 + $12 for CVD bones, why spend $75 on aluminum outdrives with questionable longetivity? I've been using the Yok front diff, running on carpet for past 1 1/2 month, and it doesn't even need a rebuild yet, and outdrives still look new. Also it's LOT ligher then any aluminum diff.. less rotating mass. I looked into Jurgen's diffs, before building the Yok ones, but couldn't figure out why spend the $$ for it..
Old 12-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

when i bought mine the yok diff wasnt discovered yet
Old 12-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

I found a worn-out XRay T1 spool at my track a month ago and recently tried to fit it into my 415. It fit perfectly!

This makes me wonder if the diff from an XRay will fit into a 415
Old 12-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by razzo
I think he's trying to say 'first shipment quantity is limited (not many being imported on first shipment), so it might be hard to get one?' I kinda ripped into him about it on earlier post.. but I find it hard to beleive Tamiya would only import 50 units on first shipment...

Can anyone verify?? DJ's been sighted over in Evo4 thread, may be he can come here and clear it up.

Personally, running on carpet with foams, can't imagine switching over to MS anytime soon, it's already up to all MS specs, minus chassis/LW suspension. This car is absolutely ballistic on foams. Who would've though.. good Tamiya foam car?
thx for your response razzo much appreciated
Old 12-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally posted by BlackKat
I found a worn-out XRay T1 spool at my track a month ago and recently tried to fit it into my 415. It fit perfectly!

This makes me wonder if the diff from an XRay will fit into a 415
that's good to know! even the stock 415 bearings fits the XRay spool?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by razzo

heard it was closer to 100 units
Old 12-22-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Re: Re: 415 on carpet with foams...

Originally posted by ngo8
hey man if you have any kind of set up please help us i am having a hell of time with mine really a hard car to set up for carpet with foams i have the front jorgen diff i am using the corally blades and there is no wear on them at all and ivebeen running them for 2 months .
Check out my post a page back or so, I posted some setup stuff there. My car runs very good on carpet, with the Dual one ways. I say, if traction allows it, run it....
Old 12-22-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

i appologize if this question has been asked before.

where do you place weights on the car and how much?

i have seen people place them beside the motor and down the centre.

would it be easier to weight the motor/electronics and batteries off the car and then distribute the weight accordingly?

and as for foam tires, what size do most people run on carpet? are you required to trim down the tires?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

when you guys make your spool using the yokomo outdrives do you jus glue them together or do you glue and use then nut and bolt or jus the nut and bolt.
is the xray spool a straight fit,no mods needed?
thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TRF RACER: must of us use the spool made by speedtechrc. Its a direct fit.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Carl Giordano
TRF RACER: must of us use the spool made by speedtechrc. Its a direct fit.
i understand that but i have the yokomo parts and have used them as a spool before but one the outdrives snapped so iam making one out of the tao4/414 oputdrives but was jus wandering how u kept them togther

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.