Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is Tamiya looking at doing an one way setup for the MRE? Currently that car is a waste for me, as I run stock and a spool is a waste of time. Might look at an Evo V actually. Seen one going in stock and it is bloody quick.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Burlap
Is Tamiya looking at doing an one way setup for the MRE? Currently that car is a waste for me, as I run stock and a spool is a waste of time. Might look at an Evo V actually. Seen one going in stock and it is bloody quick.
the one way houseing for all 415's fit the mre,,,try a spool with a center one way as well,,,
Old 09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey al you may have to make some changes to the setup according to track conditions. i run that exact setup on my track but we have very high traction. the setup works great for me. smooth not twitchy at all. i dont run any sway bars though. i only goop 1/4 of the inner front tires. full rear. make sure your car is not tweaked also. if its a low traction track. try softer springs and oil. let me know how that is.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

I have good sources saying that Tamiya is going to come out with one way set for the MRE. But don't know when...??
Old 09-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ben.C
I have good sources saying that Tamiya is going to come out with one way set for the MRE. But don't know when...??
Thats sweet!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

I seem to be one of the few on here who only uses the spool, try it because it works, even for 19t and 27t where you would expect it to scrub too much speed in corners but it doesnt. Trust me, i can drive this car quicker in 19t then any other car ive driven in my 10+ years of driving. Only now am i on A final pace and my driving ability has increased through the fact that this car is soooo easy to drive.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Spool vs. one-way

Originally Posted by JAY_UK
I seem to be one of the few on here who only uses the spool, try it because it works, even for 19t and 27t where you would expect it to scrub too much speed in corners but it doesnt. Trust me, i can drive this car quicker in 19t then any other car ive driven in my 10+ years of driving. Only now am i on A final pace and my driving ability has increased through the fact that this car is soooo easy to drive.
Jay is spot on! 23t is no problem either! Test it for yourself. I have. Ran the one-way and then ran the spool and no loss of steering or corner speed. Just now you have brakes which can be a real plus! Just keep the spool light as possible. I've ran the TA05 steel outdrives and some chatter of the wheels but with the delrin, aluminum combo in the MRE, there should be no problems breaking or with wheel hop!
Just my 2$
Old 09-20-2006, 11:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Got 1 pack through my car and broke really early on my 2'nd pack at the IIC, but this car looks like its gonna be awesome, got a couple things to try out tomorrow, cant wait to hit the track!
Old 09-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
They fit straight on. You'll need to use tamiya hardware to fit them on.
ok, good start then - already have the alum balls for the top mount, could you please elaborate on how the bottom mounts are done? Same alum balls? thanks a lot!

Paul
Old 09-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lonestar
ok, good start then - already have the alum balls for the top mount, could you please elaborate on how the bottom mounts are done? Same alum balls? thanks a lot!

Paul
It uses alu balls too...But those are screw in type. They are not like the top ones. The top one requires a screw to fit it to the shock towers.But not the bottom.The balls screws (no punt intented) into the arms.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ben.C
It uses alu balls too...But those are screw in type. They are not like the top ones. The top one requires a screw to fit it to the shock towers.But not the bottom.The balls screws (no punt intented) into the arms.
Ben - thanks for your help - I happen to have a stock of tamiya blue alum balls, both the "screw on" and "screw through" from when I was looking for a set of aftermarket balljoints for my MR4-SD, so it looks like I'm fully equipped to perform the transfer - Just ordered a set of 53571 TAMIYA TRF DAMPER SET , which also includes both 2- and 3-hole pistons... I'm all set

Thanks all for the help!
Cheers,

Paul
Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Ben - thanks for your help - I happen to have a stock of tamiya blue alum balls, both the "screw on" and "screw through" from when I was looking for a set of aftermarket balljoints for my MR4-SD, so it looks like I'm fully equipped to perform the transfer - Just ordered a set of 53571 TAMIYA TRF DAMPER SET , which also includes both 2- and 3-hole pistons... I'm all set

Thanks all for the help!
Cheers,

Paul

Hope the shocks will serve you well and one day you'll jump the bandwagon and over to the blue side....!!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

sticking to my FK05 for now - currently looking for a brand who doesn't release a new version of its top-line chassis every 6mths... and at the moment neither Tamiya nor Xray qualify for that criterion
Old 09-21-2006, 08:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Lonestar: only one option: Yok...

has anyone made an airduct yet? if so let's see them.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default TRF415 MSX MRE

Jay L: I made a simple air duct with a Ride Cooling vent.. But I would be interested in seeing the version seen on the pro's cars.

By the way does any one know where I can find TRF 415 MSX MRE setup sheets. I am looking for rubber to carpet setup sheets. I am completely new to Tamiya, and have arace coming up next week. Any tips..

Thanks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.