Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I will post some pictures when the cars are finished, but this could take a while.
At this time we are planning the following cars from 1967:
- Honda R300
- Eagle Racing
- Ferrari 312
- Lotus 49

I am the only one from our group who visits this forum frequently as a quiet reader.

Unfortunately, I don't know a German forum with so many guys interested in F1 racing so I stick with this one.

Kai
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

The 67 312 would be awesome if the engine detail was like the real deal. That maze of white headers on top make it one of the coolest F1 cars of that era to me.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Lotus 49 vs. Vette in May Road & Track!

Check it out! there is a "test" of a Lotus 49 (#5!) vs. a Corvette!

Ned
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I spent the day browsing this thread and I'm really interested in owning an F1.
I remember as a kid looking through my Tower hobbies catalogs and one of the cars I always wanted was the Kyosho Target/Scotch Lola Indy car.

There is no local racing class here but I love the way the cars look. The combination of model and usable car is awesome.

I'm close to selling my HPI Cup Racer to fund one since it just sits and even if I never ran an F1 it would look better on my shelf.

From what I see the F104 from Tamiya is what I would want.
Any suggestions as to which version would be better and why? I'm targeting the F104W and F104 Pro / V2 and I'd be hoping to keep the kit cost close to $200.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Rookie

It is definitely planned to rebuild the exhaust system but i am not sure how to fix it on a race ready car.

For the moment we are discussing whether we should go with a f103 or a f104 front end.
The f103 front end with the wide f103 rear tires is easier to drive but I am not sure if it looks good.

Maybe some of the guys who already have the body could help us out a bit.

Kai
Old 04-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Default VF1 Liveries

Originally Posted by wtcc

And don't be afraid it will be to many green ones... on track mine is going to be the only one (as I am maybe the only guy in Germany owning a F160 body). You are maybe in the same position. So don't care about us.
Thanks for sharing those liveries! Same issue here in South Carolina, I'll be the only one!

If you use paint schemes of the "next era" when wings started to sprout, there are more options, just leave of the wings. The tires get much wider so my VTA tires look a bit out of place.

The sixties were were an era of constant change in F1. 1.5 to 3.0 liter, engines of every shape and configuration from in-line 4 cyl to the BRM H 16! Living and loving that era, I am biased toward more "period correctness" than most.
All's good, Really glad to see the interest in this class!!
Ned
Old 04-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Default Front ends

Originally Posted by kaile
It is definitely planned to rebuild the exhaust system but i am not sure how to fix it on a race ready car.

For the moment we are discussing whether we should go with a f103 or a f104 front end.
The f103 front end with the wide f103 rear tires is easier to drive but I am not sure if it looks good.

Maybe some of the guys who already have the body could help us out a bit.

Kai
Kai,
Take a look at some of my posts on here and the VF1 forum. I have messed around with different front ends and posted some pics. I just received the Tech "rocker type" front end and it will make a great looking piece on the Lotus type cars. It is not very racer friendly as there are no caster or camber adjustments and it does not even use the balls for the king pins! But it will look good!

It is really not a big issue to change back and forth between fronts and rear widths so I plan on playing with it in the "more" scale mode and if others everr show up to race (or I get out to Cali (fat chance!)) I can change to what works the best to race.

Ned Schmaltz (aarcobra)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Quote from wtcc:

"As I have still holidays I adapt the F160 body to my F104v2 today. The motor section is tight, but fits. If the pod is moving on track the pinion can touch the exhaust body part and take away some paint. I wish the pod would be more slim..."

Here's a thought: What if you cut the "engine" part away from the body and mounted the "engine" to the rear motor pod? That way it could move freely with the rear pod and not conflict with it's movement; if you cut it close enough to the back of the main body I doubt that it would be noticeable. You could even make a lexan "sleeve" that would attach to the engine and slide between it and the main body. Let me know what you think!

Also, I notice that you used the F104 V2 which someone thought won't work with the '60's bodies. You might want to consider having the little carbon fiber "side wings" for the electrics cut or machined off so they don't show; I notice you can just barely see them, so you wouldn't have to cut them much. Does the body interfere in any way with the movement of the side links?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kaile
Hi,

I will post some pictures when the cars are finished, but this could take a while.
At this time we are planning the following cars from 1967:
- Honda R300
- Eagle Racing
- Ferrari 312
- Lotus 49

I am the only one from our group who visits this forum frequently as a quiet reader.

Unfortunately, I don't know a German forum with so many guys interested in F1 racing so I stick with this one.

Kai

Looking forward to seeing those pictures of those cars Kaile!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I want a shark-nosed Ferrari.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe an early 50's body?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Kai,
Take a look at some of my posts on here and the VF1 forum. I have messed around with different front ends and posted some pics. I just received the Tech "rocker type" front end and it will make a great looking piece on the Lotus type cars. It is not very racer friendly as there are no caster or camber adjustments and it does not even use the balls for the king pins! But it will look good!

It is really not a big issue to change back and forth between fronts and rear widths so I plan on playing with it in the "more" scale mode and if others everr show up to race (or I get out to Cali (fat chance!)) I can change to what works the best to race.

Ned Schmaltz (aarcobra)

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Tech front end mounted on the car, and a report on how you did it, and how well it works, Ned.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DarthRacer
I spent the day browsing this thread and I'm really interested in owning an F1.
I remember as a kid looking through my Tower hobbies catalogs and one of the cars I always wanted was the Kyosho Target/Scotch Lola Indy car.

There is no local racing class here but I love the way the cars look. The combination of model and usable car is awesome.

I'm close to selling my HPI Cup Racer to fund one since it just sits and even if I never ran an F1 it would look better on my shelf.

From what I see the F104 from Tamiya is what I would want.
Any suggestions as to which version would be better and why? I'm targeting the F104W and F104 Pro / V2 and I'd be hoping to keep the kit cost close to $200.
Robert,

Ned AKA aacobra is down in Easley. He said they have a few cars there. Mine came in yesterday! I just got it to tinker with since I like 2wd over 4... I was going to get an F104 V2, but found a kyosho in the classifieds. There are a couple exotek F1Rs in the classifieds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.