Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Good morning all! For those of you that don’t know or haven’t heard about MLP, I strongly suggest you check out their new website. I did last night and I was thoroughly impressed. From my point of view this looks like a first rate operation. They offer data feedback on their testing, lists events, car set ups, products, image gallery, shopping and a forum dedicated to all that is Formula 1. If you’re like me, which I’m assuming you are, that’s why you’re here it’s VERY COOL! I put a link below for everyone, so check it out!

Here’s the link.
www.mlpmotorsports.net
Way to go Vyger! I was about to mention that myself. Marty is slowly coming out of the health and financial crap he had to put up with but he never stopped developing and testing cars. The V103 and Viper series cars are going to bring a lot of gold back to MLP in 2009. Of course I am pushing for him to be the 2009 F1 Builders Cup Champion. Hyperdrive and Alpha each have a title, it's MLP's turn to take it this time!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

He Vyger
cool he the Jordan
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-1264.jpg  
Old 11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
By the way, have any of you seen the new Alpha's? Very smooth cars and track well on any surface. A couple of them came to the F1 race in Atlanta and put down consistent TQ laps in every heat.
I'd love to see some pictures.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
I'd love to see some pictures.
Alpha is building a website now to sell them. They will also be selling the new MLP cars as well. They have already sold several cars after winning the F1 Cup to racers they are in contact with. Once it is ready I will post the info.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Good morning all! For those of you that don’t know or haven’t heard about MLP, I strongly suggest you check out their new website. I did last night and I was thoroughly impressed. From my point of view this looks like a first rate operation. They offer data feedback on their testing, lists events, car set ups, products, image gallery, shopping and a forum dedicated to all that is Formula 1. If you’re like me, which I’m assuming you are, that’s why you’re here it’s VERY COOL! I put a link below for everyone, so check it out!

Here’s the link.
www.mlpmotorsports.net
I looked at the site Vyger, but I think people who make these F1 cars miss the boat completely for racing..

I have not heard.. or seen anywhere where they are running hopped up modded out, F1s.. if you were going to do that.. you would be in 1/12 or TC both established and busy classes.

We have 40+ drivers now with Tamiya chassis.. it will never happen that anyone showing up with one of these or a Corally or Cross etc.. will be allowed to run.. then it turns it into a class like all others. Most are against using a front suspension that allows adjustment.. then everyone would have to use it.. or your not competitive again..

In these economic times, racing needs to be fun, friendly and affordable.

James
Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I can say I have driven the V103 from MLP and the Alpha Car. Both cars are very easy to drive and setup. And both handle very well. Alot of places will run whatever chassis is out there. Just set limits on batteries and motors. Here in Ga we run any F1 car with 4 cell and stock motor. This makes it a very competitive class. Any chassis can win. It comes down to car setup, running clean laps and consistant laps times every qual.

Just cause one track only runs one type of chassis doesnt mean all places do that.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:15 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that collection was simply gorgeous. we mustve been greedy when you look back at F1 from 1985-1993.

R
Old 11-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

"Just cause one track only runs one type of chassis doesnt mean all places do that."

That part is true. I've seen every combination there is in racing for motors, chassis, and batteries. One club many of you know about up north runs a different chassis for each team with two different mah batteries for the longer mains. To each their own. We allow all chassis to enter with motors and battery limits to let everyone race at the same level since there is not a TCS race every weekend to enter. And we do run TCS when we can. As for racing on a budget anyone that knows me will agree that I do not spend any more than needed to get on the track. I still use radios and cars from the '80's at local events and have a great time with it. Nobody is missing the boat in F1 except those not racing. Companies like Alpha, MLP, Hyperdrive, Corally, and RCIndycars build top shelf racers for those wanting to compete with them. They have a place here and I'm glad of it. Racing improves the breed, everyone knows that. If you want to see some wild F1's checkout what they are doing to the F103's in Japan. Those guys are making some incredible mods to them to get them around the track at a high rate of speed. Then they have the stockers for Tamiya events. If it works...
Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

To echo what Chad said, we usually have a good mix of modern and older chassis when they are run locally. Last week we had 2 alpha's, 1 MLP, 1 CRC, and 1 Tamiya F201. All were fairly even aside from the F201 which had some major issues making it near to impossible for anyone to drive.

here is a video of the main.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

On the pole is the green Alpha of Chad Sharp, 2nd is the blue and silver Alpha of Andy Wallace, 3rd is the Red MLP F103 of Richard Hall, 4th is Keith Fitzgerald in the blue and yellow CRC, and 5th is Kent Ball in the red F201.

At the start it seemed like a sure win for Chad Sharp, but after catching the inside of the first corner and collecting Keith Fitzgerald he had to push hard to catch up. Meanwhile Richard Hall and Andy Wallace battled hard for the top spot until a collision between Andy and Kent let Richard retain a commanding lead with Chad sharp following closely in second. While recovering from the collision, Andy went wide and allowed Keith to slip by and take third place. Chad was closing in on the leader when a costly mistake forced him to retire his TQ ride due to mechanical trouble.

With Chad out of the running, the pressure was off Richard and allowed him to turn some of the fastest laps of the race. Unfortunately, while coming around to lap third place driver Andy, the two got together and allowed second place driver Keith Fitzgerald to close in on the leader. With about two minutes to go, Keith was right on Richard's wing and knocking hard on the back door. The back and forth battle continued until Richard went a little wide in the second corner allowing Keith to slip into the lead. However it would not last long as Richard unintentionally tagged Keith in the rear sending both cars off line. Richard, being the good sportsman that he is, let Keith continue on in the lead and the two battled the rest of the way to the buzzer.

click here to view the results
Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You just want to cause me pain dont you?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
you're a doctor.. you can fix it
Old 11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks K-spec. I hope that did not come off as a soapbox thing. By the way, the car I was driving ( the red Ferrari that was throwing smack on everybody)was an old TCS 103 from back in the day...pretty fast for a vintage car right! We do have F1 racers here but not at the #'s we used to have but There are probably 20 or so that will come if they can make it. It's fun Friendly and affordable just as we all like it. We have talked about a 103 spec class but it could not happen without a TCS race here, which is being applied for right now. That would get everyones blood pumping again. I do have a question for the Canadian racers, how did you get to use the black can motors? We still have to use the old silver can 540s that make great doorstops. But I still like them.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
It was'nt your fault Doc, everybody keeps putting the stupid walls too close to the track.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Amazing stuff!

My poor wife did not how big of dork I was until she listened to all my "ooos" and "aahs" viewing those pics.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When I told my wife I wanted to go race RC cars she had a vision in her head of a couple of guys racing Nikkos in the Walmart parking lot. So she came with me and got culture shock at what the guys bring when they set up their pits. She couldnt believe everybody had canopies and tables and all the gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.