Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm using the optional 105t spur gear on my TA05 so i'm at a lost for what pinion to use just please give a suggestion as to what pinion I should start with to use as a baseline thanks
Old 08-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porsche boy
I'm using the optional 105t spur gear on my TA05 so i'm at a lost for what pinion to use just please give a suggestion as to what pinion I should start with to use as a baseline thanks
On big outdoor track with long straight, I m using 33t pinion thats 7.15 fdr same as the stock gearing FDR, on medium size track with lots of 180deg turn and short straight, I m using 30t which is 7.8 fdr.

Hope that answers your q.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default where to buy

Here they got a bunch of ezrun stuff. They have the combos, and then you can buy each seperately if they dont have your combo, or you wanna customize. Ive orderd cars and parts for my exceeds there before, ive had great results with them. Plus they are cheaper, i bought my 60a esc and 8.5t motor on ebay for 115 shipped, there its 90, so like 100 bucks shipped. I think some are generic pics though, cause it shows the finned motors a lot, when it says its a 8.5 say.

Well i cant post links, so copy and paste this into your we browser, it will bring you to it > nitrorcx.com/bm.html
Old 08-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Rookie

They are out of stock, but they should be restocked in one week the most, according to their support. You can save some money if you use coupons while checking out. I hope coupons are still available though...

Coupons:
RCX10 - Get 10% Off
RCXFREESHIP - Free shipping

Hope this will save you some bucks...

Originally Posted by chevyderek72
Here they got a bunch of ezrun stuff. They have the combos, and then you can buy each seperately if they dont have your combo, or you wanna customize. Ive orderd cars and parts for my exceeds there before, ive had great results with them. Plus they are cheaper, i bought my 60a esc and 8.5t motor on ebay for 115 shipped, there its 90, so like 100 bucks shipped. I think some are generic pics though, cause it shows the finned motors a lot, when it says its a 8.5 say.

Well i cant post links, so copy and paste this into your we browser, it will bring you to it > nitrorcx.com/bm.html
Old 08-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default nice

Where did you find those coupons?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Coupon sources

You can easily find coupons just by searching the net with "nitrorcx coupons"....

Here is one link: w_w_w.mycoupons.com/coupons/nitrorcx.com

There is another site with same good prices (I think these two stores are connected, but not sure):

w_w_w.hobbypartz.com

And coupons for hobbypartz:

w_w_w.tjoos.com/Coupon/131631/Hobby-Partz

Sorry for w_w_w, but I am not allowed to post links , just replace it with www (I know is more than obvious, but...)
Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I have a Cyclone S chasis, and I'm getting the eZrun 5.5T motor + 60A ESC. What FDR should I use ? (I use this car for drift). Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i run rally cars, and in a lot of loose dusty track surfaces. can anyone vouch for the "dust proof" claim? i seem to go through a lot of regular 540 motors, but dont mind dropping 15 or 20$ to replace them, but don't want to spend 100$ on a brushless if its going to get gummed up as fast as a regular motor. are they easy to tear apart and clean? thanks.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I might have enough cash to buy one of these systems at some point, which setup is closest to a top spec 10.5? I don't mind if it's 10.5 or not, club rules are fairly lax, and they'll let me race if I can prove I've got about the same amount of power.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default turnigy esc ??

Is the Turnigy esc the same as the EZRUN??
looks similar

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=7186
Old 09-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1101
Is the Turnigy esc the same as the EZRUN??
looks similar

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=7186

As they say in Asia .... same same .. but different
Old 09-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried an ezrun esc with 1S lipo yet? I know the voltage cut-offs are set per cell, does it detect the 1S and cut-off the voltage at the correct level when using a booster?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Attn Guys with TL01. I have 19T pinion but im trying to mount my motor from my ezrun kit that just arrived , gears looked aligned but its really noisy when i try to roll the car . whats going on???

Originally Posted by dildil
Such a long thread! Let me add to the noise.

Me and 2 mates bought the 35A 9t kits. Got them for $125 delivered from r2hobbies in hong kong.

We've been running them for about 2 months now in various cars and they seem pretty solid. We are all new to brushless BTW and haven't tried anything else.

Mine was in an Evader ST for a few races and some park bashing. It was unbelievably fast... till it chewed the diff... and then another one...

so while waiting for parts I've put it in my TT01, standard gearing, it went like a rocket, crazy fast. So fast that I smashed into a gutter in the street and broke the car.

so I put it in my TL01 road car/ school yard thrasher, it was amazing! I literately drifted around the school on rubber road tyres and happily shredded them over about 6 sessions. The last session i was going hard for about 20 mins and I seem to have melted the spur gear, the motor got super hot.

while waiting for an aluminum spur gear for my TL01 road car, I've put the ezrun in my TL01B Baja Champ 4WD buggy. omg, it's amazing! so fast and smooth. Can't wait to take it to the track!

My mates are running theirs in a DF02 and a B44, both having no problems at all and running quick. Apparently guys at the Knox track have commented on the B44 running nice and being surprised that it's got an ezrun in it.

Problems I've had: the fan blade fell off so I had to replace the fan unit. My motor cogs a lot at very low speeds, the DF02 one does too, but for some reason the B44 doesn't.

I also just got a 35A 13t kit from Hobby Man for $150. Early impression is it's not quite as fast at the top end but seems 'smoother'. Ran it in my TL01 road car at Boronia onroad and it was quite manageable.

So far so good. I'm going to put these in all my cars permanently! Probably stick to the 9t though, why would you want to go slower?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default 23T equivalent??

Hi guys. What would be a brushless equivalent to a brushed 23T stock??
Not faster, but the same??
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Thanks to your great advice i ordered a Ezrun 5.5 T brushless motor + 60A ESC.

Also ordered a 9T motor as well and the program box.

9T motor and program box arrived today so just waiting on the Esc and 5.5T combo.

While i'm waiting i figured i'd order a few spur and pinion gears.

I'm thinking of ordering a few around the 78/30 range but would appreciate some advice on it please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.