Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Had a beautiful raceday this past Sunday, qualified 5th behind 4 MTx3's, finished 2nd after they all broke. heheh

I've been running mine with the stock tank, the Mugen tank, the Kfactory tank (the only one I broke), and right now I'm running the new Assoc tank with the port in the lid, as long as you run a length (about 10 in.) of extra fuel line from the muffler to the tank.

I've used alot of foam tires, I like 40 shore all around when using the GRP tires(Elligi, Arrows, ZAC, etc.). I also like the CRC Track Magnets, they come in Plaids and Dbl. Purple compounds. The Plaids have a harder outer edge than the surface of the tire, that helps them from NOT chunking. and they have 30mm fronts, that work good on the front. I just got through using a set of "new" Arrows, (well they're 1/2 used) and I liked them alot. When using any of the number shore rated tires that you use fronts on front and rears on the rear, they don't work other than that.

The best set up for the car is to have the combination of toe out in the front with the camber so that the tire wears evenly. On my NTC3, I run 1.5 deg toe out with -3 deg camber, Front and 2 deg toe IN and -3 deg camber at the rear. The rears will cone a little, but handling is better. This is with Purple front springs and copper rears.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Siro .12 turbo 5 port outlaw

Anyone running these engines? Just curious about breakin time, the manual is pretty vague. Ive never owned an AAC engine before and was looking for some opinions. Ive ran one tank thru at idle, and 2 tanks thru just puttsing around with a half throttle blip now and again. I havent touched the mixture screws but it seems fairly rich with the plume of smoke that trails it , and the temp has never exeeded 163 degrees. granted its fairly chilly here, about 20-30 degrees. Just looking for input from other people that are running this engine. Also if you are, how do you like it? it seems very powerfull, how is it comparing speed wise to the jp, rossi, and novarossi engines? Any feedback would be very cool, thanks.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The best set up for the car is to have the combination of toe out in the front with the camber so that the tire wears evenly. On my NTC3, I run 1.5 deg toe out with -3 deg camber, Front and 2 deg toe IN and -3 deg camber at the rear. The rears will cone a little, but handling is better. This is with Purple front springs and copper rears.
Red5

Are you using sway bars on the car &if so what is the front blade set at? TIA

Bill
Old 02-25-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
I don't know to what extent of modification the Serpent gearbox you're using but I figure the reason that it fits like a glove on the GT4 is because the rollout is the same on the Serpent and the GT4. The setting of the 2nd speed shifting is the same.

The NTC3 on the other hand has a different rollout. Internal ratio is 2.5 if I'm not mistaken. I gather that the springs in the NTC3 gearbox will be more stiff because the spurs spin fatster. When you put the NTC3 gearbox in a GT4, the engine needs to wind up real high before the 2nd speed engages.

Why not try to put Serpent springs back in the NTC3 gearbox and see what happens?
Smitty made modified Ti layshafts with pin location holes to allow the Serpent gearbox to fit straight on. I never actually thought about that one. Thanks. I'll have a look. But I think the Serpent springs are similar to the Yokomo ones and are too wide to fit.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

hey Bill, yes front blade swaybar set flat, small rear wire swaybar, I think its about .075 diameter. We made it, bending it to match the one for the TC3.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Post K Factory Centex Clutch NTC-3

If you want a NTC-3 that launches like like a Serpent Get the K Factory Centex clutch. This clutch is sweet. Yes it is more involved then the factory clutch, but the preformance gains are will worth it. I got mine for $100. Not to bad. Also K Factory offers some nice parts for the NTC-3. Check them out at

KFACTORYRACING.COM
Old 02-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default What high torque steering servo?

Please help me to decide what steering servo to replace my standard servo in my ntc3. I'm looking at futaba s9350 digital and Sanwa erg-vr. In terms of torque sanwa has 200 oz. and futaba has I think 120 oz(not sure but lower than sanwa). Which is better? or Do you have any suggestions? What I wanted is to cope up with the sharp cornering at the track on high speed. I have a sirio 5 port engine.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You dont really need a high torque servo IMO. If you buy a metal gear servo it will be both faster and have more torque. 120oz and 200oz of torque is way overkill fot touring cars, you can go for it, but again, what you really want is a high speed servo, and it wont cost you as much. I personally run the lowest priced Hitec metal gear servo(cant remember the name), and it works great.

My .02 cents.

Steven Muller
Maximum Performance Parts

Last edited by nitrodude; 02-25-2003 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

625mg?
Old 02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey Bill, yes front blade swaybar set flat, small rear wire swaybar, I think its about .075 diameter. We made it, bending it to match the one for the TC3.
Thanks Red5 I'll be getting the front blade sway bar & the associated rear sway bar with Elligi 40 Shore foams next week along with a spring pack.

You dont really need a high torque servo IMO. If you buy a metal gear servo it will be both faster and have more torque. 120oz and 200oz of torque is way overkill fot touring cars, you can go for it, but again, what you really want is a high speed servo, and it wont cost you as much. I personally run the lowest priced Hitec metal gear servo(cant remember the name), and it works great.
Nitrodude, I think the servo is the Hitec HS-625MG servo. 80 oz. of torque & a .13 60 degree throw. That's what I am getting to replace the S1903MG servo that came with my Nitro TC3 RTR (has the same specs as a Futaba S3003 servo except for themetal gears). This is the cheapest fast MG servo I can find ($39.95 at both Tower Hobbies & both my locak hobby shops). Any other fast servos I've found are around $100.00 or more.

Bill
Old 02-25-2003, 10:00 PM

Hitec HS625 mg really suck!!!! I had them for one season. I had 2 in the car and 2 at Hitec service dept all season. The 600 series Hitec are'nt much good, at least for me. Drop back to the 500 series or move up to the 900 series, they work very good!. The 5000 series Digitals are sweet! and price is about the cheapest out there. 120 oz. servo for steering is more than enough for 10th scale.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

I'm using an Airtronics (sanwa) 357 for my steering servo and it's got 100 which is more than plenty. I know guys who are running 757s which are about 90.

Whaddya guys think? 75 as a minimum for steering?

btw, I think my 625 Hitec works great for throttle! heh heh
Old 02-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just checked mne and its a 525MG. For the gas Im using a cheapo airtronics that came with my radio.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
Maximum Performance Parts
Old 02-26-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

I used Airtronics gear all last season without a hitch, 94357 steering, 94737 throttle. This year I will be upgrading, using Futaba S9450 steering, S9550 throttle. I have also used Futaba S9402 for steering, and S9303 for throttle on several other vehicles, and have been very happy with all of them. I was considering using the new Airtronics gear, ERG-VX steering servo, but I wasn't sure if it would fit ok under the NTC3 radio plate with the aluminum heat sink. Anyone using one on their NTC3? I am sure all of these servos would work perfectly on anything this side of a 5th scale vehicle.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

the 9550 is great servo for throttle you can mount under chassi it realy lowers your cg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.