Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default Club race

I TQd my club race today driving FW and finished 2nd due to exhaust mounting broke and drag around causing it to understeer with 5 mins to go after leading from the start. I never Tq in my club race before but this car made me. All of on power push that I had earlier has gone, I only undone the front stab and use Kyosho Green springs which is softer that the silver.

I m also using Mugen 0.8 pinion 22 and 29 and it is ballisticly fast during the 130ft straight nobody could ever come close, you have to use its clutch bell as well.

About center shaft pin coming out, I had this problem as well. Luckily I found out about it a day before the race. I just knock it a bit to align the pin back and put a drop of CA glue.

After the race I also found that the brake pin holder was grinding my fuel tank. I m not sure what causes this, maybe I mount the tank too loose or maybe because my exhaust mounting broke and touch the tank.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I had the front anti-roll bar removed as well. Helps the steering a lot.

What I've found is that the steering is fantastic in small and tight corners but the car has a tendency to push in mid speed corners and large sweepers. I just bought the Kawahara front end conversion kit and that suppose to help by lower the roll center.
Have you tried it yet? Let me know how it is as I was thinking of getting it.

I still get faster times with my Evo than the FW-05 but its maxed out as far as hop ups go where the FW is still stock. The engine isnt fully tuned either
Old 04-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Which one? Front or rear? Do you use your brake a lot? If so, that might have something to do with it. Also, make sure you use the o-ring in the front so the bone won't move bake and forth excessively. I had 1.5 gallon through my current set up and there is almost no wear on the drive bones. However, I use a one-way seldom use brake.
it was the rear shaft pin that broke off..i was using brake a lot because the track lay out is consist of continously hard turns..so i must using brake and shoot technique. And yes, i'm using front 1 way diff...but i'd set my brake softly so it doesn't braked too much..
Old 04-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Is that the twin circuit in Jakarta? (small track?)
Old 04-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Is that the twin circuit in Jakarta? (small track?)
yup...it was the small track at Jakarta Twin Circuit. Hi tony..nice to meet u again I was the driver from Indonesian Kyosho Team, team mate to Teddy Syah...
Old 04-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Hey! Hows it going? Did I manage to get your pic on my site as well??

I have the Fw-05 as well. I just got it so need to dial it in handeling wise. If you got any advice lemme know

Say hello to the guys there and hope to see you all again soon

Cheers
Old 04-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hi All,

My FW-05R (Foam Tyre version) came with Front One way as standard. I'd like to get the Front dif. parts now. Could anyone list the parts I'll need? So far I've the following in my list:

VS002 - Ring Gear Set (40T)
VS003 - Differential Joint

Cheers,
Old 04-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like this car, design and preformance results so far. The only thing that is holding my back is the fact that the roll centers are not adjustable, and that is does not come with turnbuckles?
Old 04-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hey! Hows it going? Did I manage to get your pic on my site as well??

I have the Fw-05 as well. I just got it so need to dial it in handeling wise. If you got any advice lemme know

Say hello to the guys there and hope to see you all again soon
Cheers
yup..i've seen ur pics I've just testing and racing my fw05r for a couple of race. the first race (the small track) i've got TQ..the car was amazing and i can pick up my pace very fast so the lap time was faster than my v-one rr.but in the final, after just completing 8 minutes, the center shaft pin broke off...Yesterday was the second race in big track. I've only managed to enter the 2nd and 3rd qualifying times because in 1st qualify my car and engine hasn't prepared for the qualify. But in the 2nd qualify run, the car managed to TQ-ed the qualifying times..and for the 3rd qualifying time, i've managed to set the fastest lap of the day and repairing my 2nd qualifying times..at the final, bad luck it's comin back!! i'd hit a slow and overlaping car in the back straight...this accident causes the rear right shocks to snap..it causes me to go back to last place.apparently it was nothing..after i'd try to gained to 3rd position, the club transponder doens't work!!! and it only 5 minutes to chequered flag!!! it causes me to finished in 7th places...
Old 04-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

NEWS FROM THE PRE-WORLD....

After talking to Mr.Miyashita, the fw05r designer...he said that in brazil, both of Tironi and Takuya Ito were running prototyped parts. including....FRONT RIGID AXLE... Mr.Miyashita said that the front rigid axle makes the car easier to drive.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:12 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by juki
NEWS FROM THE PRE-WORLD....

After talking to Mr.Miyashita, the fw05r designer...he said that in brazil, both of Tironi and Takuya Ito were running prototyped parts. including....FRONT RIGID AXLE... Mr.Miyashita said that the front rigid axle makes the car easier to drive.
yah, talks of an update for this car has been around for a while.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Profoxcg
I like this car, design and preformance results so far. The only thing that is holding my back is the fact that the roll centers are not adjustable, and that is does not come with turnbuckles?
Roll center is adjustable in the rear with the upper link and the lower arm holder.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Do people run the pivot at the bottom with High setting or the Low setting?

What effect does changing this have and should you run the upper with a lower top link angle ot higher?

Cheers
Old 04-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Do people run the pivot at the bottom with High setting or the Low setting?

What effect does changing this have and should you run the upper with a lower top link angle ot higher?

Cheers
My understanding is that the higher setting gives you a higher roll center and less traction and vice versa. Changing the upper link position also affect the roll center.

There is a detailed discussion about roll center on Orion's site:

http://www.teamorion.com/faq/car-handling3.asp
Old 04-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default nice!

nice article by team orion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.