Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The main point of contention I am seeing right now is the issue of the drivers figures. Honestly, if it was done like how the bodies and tires, etc where done with specific part numbers listed, I wouldn't have an issue as its an easy find. But, without something specific to refer too like the other thought out rules, it just appears to be hap-hazardly thrown in there.

If I can get some specific part numbers I can take to reputable online hobby shops (ie- not ebay) I can roll with the punches.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

IMHO, one thing to keep in mind is that the USVTA has always offered local clubs/tracks to be a little flexible, when it comes to following the rules to the letter.

The way I see it, unless it's a "USVTA sponsored event", I'm assuming tracks/clubs can still run their programs to suit their needs, to keep the class growing in their area. This means either using the driver heads or not.

I personally like the idea, but already have a few "seasoned drivers" who want to run RCGT instead next season, just because of the driver heads.

This may actually be a good thing to get the better drivers into the faster RCGT class, and leave the Vintage class to the more casual guys who like true "scale" racing....

We're done for the outdoor season, so we'll be kicking it around this winter.

Also, it seems like the biggest concern from racers is finding the coolest driver heads, and where to get them from.

I know if we go that route, we'd find the best place to get them, and have one of our LHS's get them in stock, so our racers won't have to find, and get them online.

The easier we can make them available, the better....
Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This was done awhile ago at our track. Kinda fell off but it was fun at the time.

"We've instituted a new rule for the Vintage TA class:

5.1.4 Motor Noises.

Whoever is in the lead must make appropriate motor noises and squealing tire sounds for the entire period during which they are in the lead. Such noises MUST be capable of being heard at a distance of not less than 100 feet. Should the noise-making leader be overtaken in the course of the race the new leader must then make similar noises while the former leader continues to make noise. This continues, anyone who HAS led or IS leading must be making motor sounds for the remainder of the heat.

Keeps it light, constant reminder that it's ALL fun. We were laughing our a$$es off."

Last edited by padailey; 10-14-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
This was doen awhile ago at our track. Kinda fell off but it was fun at the time.

5.1.4 Motor Noises.

Whoever is in the lead must make appropriate motor noises and squealing tire sounds for the entire period during which they are in the lead. Such noises MUST be capable of being heard at a distance of not less than 100 feet. Should the noise-making leader be overtaken in the course of the race the new leader must then make similar noises while the former leader continues to make noise. This continues, anyone who HAS led or IS leading must be making motor sounds for the remainder of the heat.

Keeps it light, constant reminder that it's ALL fun. We were laughing our a$$es off."
That's hilarious...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

This was doen awhile ago at our track. Kinda fell off but it was fun at the time.

5.1.4 Motor Noises.

Damn that's TOOOO FUNNY!!!!! Better start practicing Scoob....LOLOL

Old 10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Damn that's TOOOO FUNNY!!!!! Better start practicing Scoob....LOLOL

OHMIFRIGGINGOSH!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

5.1.4 Motor Noises.

100% awesome.

(and if the announcer missed that pass for the lead.. he'll know soon enough). too funny.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone help me with these corally parts im lookin for. COR79155. Its an old design spool they made for the assassin. Thanks, trever
Old 10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

r they going to allow any other 21.5 anytime soon
Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x
I HIGHLY doubt it.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Why would they need to? Under the current system no one is at any advantage nor is anyone at any disadvantage as far as motor. One fewer thing to worry about.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Iam currently gonna be working on a TT01 for VTA, and iam wondering if 'tuned' brushless 17.5 motors are allowed? Gonna go option #2. 17.5 and 4cell. Or does it have to be Novak or Trinity factory motors?
Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hrnts69
Iam currently gonna be working on a TT01 for VTA, and iam wondering if 'tuned' brushless 17.5 motors are allowed? Gonna go option #2. 17.5 and 4cell. Or does it have to be Novak or Trinity factory motors?
17.5 4 cell is open motor brand.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Trevor007 - Quick Tech Hobby, JPH Racing, maybe.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

after seeing all the BS and crap the last few pages, why would you EVEN bring this subject up?!?!?

last i heard, mimi's is still novak 21.5ss only

oh yeah, and technically, the novak ballastic 21.5 is legal - so that's another 215 motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.