Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi 367 trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
Well that stinks, what a turd ! I guess mine is one of the older versions.
When they changed the crank bearings they really created a ton of problems ! This is probabley the reason RB stuck with the smaller crankcase and bearing in most of their engine's . I know the new C6 with the turbo plug is an incredible engine ,and worth every penny . I think I would purchase one of these before I bought any other Novarossi . They have been going down hill I think after the hostle family fued they had over there.
My buddy is giving me the 21-7 to look at..I am going to check the port timings on the motor and see what they have done.... I have a strong feeling they must have the timing set too conservative, and I also have a theory on why they are flaming out.......... Anyways I will be modifying the 21-7, I will most likely be re-cutting the sleeve ports and altering port entrance angles......... In the end lets see what kind of monster I can make from one of these engines........
Old 01-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
not bashing , just stating a fact that engines made in taiwan are much cheaper than those made in italy!!! being cheaper to produce , they would be more apt to replace a part or two on somebodys engine sh!t man , if taiwan had good quality control i think novarossi would move their plant and save millions if not billions !!!!! but they dont , sorry

and yes jim is a great guy and i talk to him on a regular basis !!! he can only do so much though guys!!!!!
I totally agree with you in everything your statements says .
taiwan and Asia dont have the metal technology full stop .Look at the Go tech,SH,STS and many more they don't last long at all.

And yes if Taiwan or Anywhere else in Asia had metal technology for top engine manufacturing then Novarossi would be manufacturing all there products in Asia and cut millions of $ from moving from italy to Asia for manufacturing.But the engine quality is just not there at the moment with Asia .sorry but thats the truth .

I have come across some factories that state that there cnc machined parts are billet 7075 and then when you cut them open you find they are cast hard anodised aluminun.
For exmaple Nanda racing knows that Asia's metal's or plastics are not what they say they are and they buy there product from Europe and The US to cnc and mold in there factory in China.

It's like with our tyres and rims we buy our raw materials from America and bring them to our factory in china for manufacturing just to cut labour cost's as we dont trust the local material that can be supplied very inconsistant
You see alot of drivers boiling there plastic parts to soften them so they can flex and not crack .that tells me that the raw material is from Asia and is not reliable or consistant .Abs and abs 2 also ldpe and hdpe are not good materials for r/c .Du pont nylons and other plastic material are the best world wide period.

Sorry guys facts are facts Asia just doesn't have the raw material sorted yet and maybe never will.who knows time will tell .we know because we have done all the research in that region.toy manufacturer Mattel learnt the hard way with trusting raw material out of Asia.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Dear Mr. Angelo

First Novarossi is known the world over as the highest quality engine brand in the world, and you say they would move to china if the quality or materials are there. You also say your Nanda product is quality because they buy metals from other countries.

How is it that Novarossi couldn't import there italian materials and machines and produce the same quality in China or Taiwan for less just like you? They could, the reason they don't is a cultural reason, would ferrari move their machines to China to make ferrari's cheaper?

You also say that Taiwanese companies don't have any metal quality so they can't produce high end products, but you can produce high end products in Asia because your smart enough to import the materials. Well I guess the companies over there are either ignorant or just don't care.

Since so many quality r/c products are made in Asia including your own, its just ridiculous to say that quality can't come out of Asia.

That argument is out dated. Why again is a Novarossi fan in here bashing other products instead of doing what they can to help people with problems.

Last edited by Rocket42; 01-01-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Dear Rocket

please go into china and start to manufacture a product and ill give you two months and you will be bankrupt .they will eat you for breakfast i have seen it many times before with many .

PLease read my statement properly and you will understand what im trying say.Im not putting other products down im just making a simple statement that Asia does not have the raw material technology thats all not that they dont know how to manufacture a product

regards Angelo
Old 01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW ! enough of the "Asia doesn't have the metalurgy or technology to produce a good product theories" THEY DO !! The problems lay in the interpratations of the standards between American and the rest of the world.
I have seen this first hand ! As my job was research and development ,I saw first hand what happens , give them the correct information and they can AND WILL do the correct job !!
Why doesn't Novarossi move ? YEAH OK ...... Their Italian ! .....
Europeans seem t ostill have plenty of pride in their work ,unlike Americans ,
(generalization coming up ) who want more pay and less work ,with the attitude " I don't care it's not mine" . AMERICANS GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND GET SOME PRIDE !! IF we could just go to work tommorow with this in mind and do the best job you are capable of and do it with PRIDE then I think America could move back to the status we once had . But right now...
We are all in sad shape , myself included, except I have PRIDE !
Sorry for the rant , I am sure Novarossi will get this issue straightened out soon enough , I sure they have plenty of feedback !!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
My buddy is giving me the 21-7 to look at..I am going to check the port timings on the motor and see what they have done.... I have a strong feeling they must have the timing set too conservative, and I also have a theory on why they are flaming out.......... Anyways I will be modifying the 21-7, I will most likely be re-cutting the sleeve ports and altering port entrance angles......... In the end lets see what kind of monster I can make from one of these engines........
i have a couple of the plus 21-7bt engines and they are a great engine ! the plus cranks have created a little too smooth of a powerband in my opinion , i prefer the old style crank myself the baddest ass engine i have ever had is still a crono RS7 i dont wanna use the new one(have two in service) i have in the box cause i cant get another one let me know if anyone knows where to find a crono rs-2032 tuned pipe combo , thanks guys

later , monty
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[QUOTE=houston;4028425]i have a couple of the plus 21-7bt engines and they are a great engine ! the plus cranks have created a little too smooth of a powerband in my opinion , i prefer the old style crank myself the baddest ass engine i have ever had is still a crono RS7 i dont wanna use the new one(have two in service) i have in the box cause i cant get another one let me know if anyone knows where to find a crono rs-2032 tuned pipe combo , thanks guys

later , monty[/QUOTE

I would think one of my modded P7R engines would make a pretty big impression on you.....
Old 01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i have a couple of the plus 21-7bt engines and they are a great engine ! the plus cranks have created a little too smooth of a powerband in my opinion , i prefer the old style crank myself the baddest ass engine i have ever had is still a crono RS7 i dont wanna use the new one(have two in service) i have in the box cause i cant get another one let me know if anyone knows where to find a crono rs-2032 tuned pipe combo , thanks guys

later , monty
Are you stuck on the RS 2032 pipe, because there are others out there like JP Racing. Techically, if the RS2032 is the EFRA 2032 pipe, it should be the same as the JP 2032 since its using the EFRA number.

I did find RS 2032 (radiosistemi 2032) pipe set, but outside the US. They come with pipe & 3 headers in a set.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Prophet

not really stuck on them but they are an excellent tuning option to have in your pit bag have you tried one of the rs comp. 2032 pipe ??? i couldnt tell you if they are the same as the jp racing pipe or not. try to purchase one of the rs products from their site
Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

I'll try and see if I can get my hands on one. There are limited numbers left though from RS. At least what the website had. And the 2032 is the EFRA number assigned to RS. Since the JP Racing is an EFRA 2032, its, by the EFRA rule book, the same. Its also made by RC Edit. I have seen pics of all 3 and the look deminsionally the same. Its a 3 chamber torque pipe I believe.

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-02-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

TTT
Old 01-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Talking

no nitro engine is plug and play !!!! you need to do a lil research and invest some time into obtaining knowledge on how and why a nitro engine does what it does and then try to extract all of its power if you are not an educated nitro racer , find someone that is , not one of the people that say they are but dont really know a dam thing about nitro big blocks they are out there , and there might even be a few that post on here they are the ones that tell you they know all
happy running guys ,
monty
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Waking up the dead!!!

I'll be testing a new crankshaft in the 367 in a week or so. Its 10 grams lighter and filled and modded. Not a stock modded either.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well I came to this thread with the hope of getting some much needed info as I have 2 367's to run this year and am not exactly liking what I am hearing. I have talked to the guys at Fusion and inquired about going with the turbo heads. Chris there gave me two part numbers for turbo heads that I could use with the motors one was the 28011 head and the other was the 28022 head with the 22 being the turbo head off the 359 on road. I still plan to go turbo but am not sure if the OS turbo plugs I have will work right in the Rossi heads. I asked Fusion about that and was told that there maybe a small differance with that plug fitting the head properly. I am not sure why that would be as I was under the impression that a turbo plug was a turbo plug and I would have thought there would be no differance between a Rossi and an OS turbo plug. Anyone heard of this? Not that it matters that much if its what I have to do, but I have a bunch of P3 and P6 plugs left over and would like to be able to use them as those type of plugs can be spendy.
I also asked about the bearing issue and was told that they were aware of it and as far as Fusion knew there was only a 5% fail rate in the motors they sold to date. They did say if I had a problem to let them know and they would take care of it, but just had to be willing to give them a chance to correct it. I think that is fair enough. Anyway any help with the turbo question would be a big help. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.