Hi,

thas good
I´m waiting for my TRF, I hope i will get in next week from China

greetz Max
Old 01-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Max Steiner
Hi,

can i use the 44mm steal bones with the delrin outdrives?
Or must i use the 46mm?

greetz Max
Depends on what blocks and arms you are using. With D-D and short arms 46mm works better as the 44mm sit to far out in outdrive.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Was just playing around getting my MRE spool to fit in the 416, so took some pics along the way. I took the option of using the Delrin outdrives, and removing material from the bearing holder. The first pic shows how much I took off, compared to an unmodified one. I just span my bodysheall reamer round the inside of the holder for a little bit, but a dremel sanding bit could do the same job.

Second pic shows the amount of clearance, and third is just it all mounted in the car. To help centre the pulley, I also used countersunk screws, rather than button head ones, have no issues of clearance with them.

In addition, the JAAD spool won't work. It uses the a diff pulley, rather than the oneway one, and as such the spacing is different, and the mounting holes on the oneway pulleys won't line up with the holes on the spool.

HiH
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-dscf0096.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-dscf0102.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-dscf0101.jpg  
Old 01-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

the 416 is looking like a great car.ive got a 415 msx mre that has been built but never run im considering saving the car in the box etc as it may become a future classic.
i think im going to wait a while till the release of the 416 worlds editition or reinhard edition.
im guesstimating it will be released in the summer???
does anybody have any ideas??

To all the guys in england if you have anything rc tamiya related for sale please drop me a pm?
cheers and a happy new year to you all!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Jimmy Mac if you use a 6000mah Max Amp lipo they are 4oz heavier than the 3200 you have in your car now. I weighed them to see how much heavier the Max Amps are since I will be using those vs my Orions I have now. The ORions where 7.1 oz vs the Max Amp at 11oz. Might help you out some.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

@MR_Orange:
the 416 is my first Tamiya, and at first I´m testing everything with
the normal (original) suspension, also the normal arms.

Does anybody know about the TiR Spool, they have one for the 415MSX(X)
can I use them? The Outdrives looks very "long"...

greetz
Max
Old 01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default How to get Oneway Pulley centered...

Hi,

you can get the oneway 37T pulley centered (when using mre spool) if you use Tamiya #54006. I am using it also on my 501X, when running oneway and 37T pulleys. Fits also perfectly on TRF416, if you are drilling the holes from 2.6mm to 3.0mm
Old 01-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the info WYD. I was actually gonna switch back to NiMh for racing and just use my lipo's for practice. But I may look into the Max Amp pack. 6000 mah would be nice.

For spools, reaming out of the bearing holders is a great idea. I thought of doin it before grinding down the aluminum sleeves. But I didn't have any spares. And I didn't wanna ruin my bearing holders if it didn't work out. I had spares of aluminum sleeves. Plus belt sanding only took a few minutes. Now that I see that it works great, I will do it next weekend. I think reaming out the bearing holders would be better in the long run. It offers more support for the length of the delrin outdrive.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Thanks for the info WYD. I was actually gonna switch back to NiMh for racing and just use my lipo's for practice. But I may look into the Max Amp pack. 6000 mah would be nice.

For spools, reaming out of the bearing holders is a great idea. I thought of doin it before grinding down the aluminum sleeves. But I didn't have any spares. And I didn't wanna ruin my bearing holders if it didn't work out. I had spares of aluminum sleeves. Plus belt sanding only took a few minutes. Now that I see that it works great, I will do it next weekend. I think reaming out the bearing holders would be better in the long run. It offers more support for the length of the delrin outdrive.

I can't wait to see how the evo5 runs against the lastest Tamiya belt kit......sneaking off racing and not calling me....you need to change those parts that I mention.....it doesn't sound like its up to Medusa speeds......If a TC4 is giving you a hard time. I can't recall having those concerns with the Evo5 or the Medusa (not at FAYETTENAM).....

I think I am going to wait for the MS edition as well.....atleast there will be more Bling, maybe lower bulkheads too....that top deck it tall enough to hold D Cells .

But overall it look like a good build Jimmy.

Do you want to ride up to VA or MD to race next weekend?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was waiting for you to come on here and give me a hard time. I had no spares. So I was really afraid to push the car. I'm sure you remember what happened the last time I was leading the main with my EvoIV. I still haven't fixed it! haha But I'm sure if I had that "special" 13.5 he was running and some NiMh, I could take off .5sec per lap. Don't worry though, first time out with new car. Not bad. I did TQ. We did like yall did last time we raced. I lead over half the main. But his car was just fast. He caught up but got spunned out. I stopped and waited for him and we ran door to door. We'd spin each other out and wait for each other. Everyone cheering on. It was good fun.

What parts are you talking me replacing? The car is awesome as is (minus oneway). The space between the top deck and lower chassis on the MRE is 24.5mm. The space between them on the 416 is 25mm. Optical illusion from the MRE rear bulkheads over hanging the batteries makes the 416 top deck look tall. If you are waiting for a lower top deck by .5mm... be my guest. It's low enough as is!

Hmmm, I can't afford to go to VA or MD. Not till Feb. VA only runs brushed motors. And I have no NiMh batteries. Plus I dont' wanna pay $30 for Roar member ship just to be allowed to race there. I'll wait til I have more money first. Right now I don't mind paying just $5 to race!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default setting

hai iam new to rc. i bought trf416 and use 23t stock motor. can anyone past setting for my 416.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fadzli
hai iam new to rc. i bought trf416 and use 23t stock motor. can anyone past setting for my 416.

Marc Rheinard @ Yatabe Arena, JMRCA Super Expert Class
Old 01-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
I was waiting for you to come on here and give me a hard time. I had no spares. So I was really afraid to push the car. I'm sure you remember what happened the last time I was leading the main with my EvoIV. I still haven't fixed it! haha But I'm sure if I had that "special" 13.5 he was running and some NiMh, I could take off .5sec per lap. Don't worry though, first time out with new car. Not bad. I did TQ. We did like yall did last time we raced. I lead over half the main. But his car was just fast. He caught up but got spunned out. I stopped and waited for him and we ran door to door. We'd spin each other out and wait for each other. Everyone cheering on. It was good fun.

What parts are you talking me replacing? The car is awesome as is (minus oneway). The space between the top deck and lower chassis on the MRE is 24.5mm. The space between them on the 416 is 25mm. Optical illusion from the MRE rear bulkheads over hanging the batteries makes the 416 top deck look tall. If you are waiting for a lower top deck by .5mm... be my guest. It's low enough as is!

Hmmm, I can't afford to go to VA or MD. Not till Feb. VA only runs brushed motors. And I have no NiMh batteries. Plus I dont' wanna pay $30 for Roar member ship just to be allowed to race there. I'll wait til I have more money first. Right now I don't mind paying just $5 to race!

Cool.....I dump all of my Lipos except for the 4800....I pickup some 4200 Team Orion SHO HV......some good numbers 35amp 1.24 @ 480 IR 1.5....By looking at the rear part of the Bulkhead where the Lipo pack is that looks like more tha .5mm but we will see.

And the only reason you were leading was because you sent everyone after me in turn two.....and you broke because I made it through the field and was on my way to get ya, thats alot of pressure on anyone. And that special 13.5 is not enough for that guy to give you an competition.... The driving skillz are not equal.

When I spin out why do not you wait for me...

And dude if I ask you to go I am willing to pay.

I was thinking about going down to Hotlanta......to race with Nexxus.

LMK........I want to see the likes of the TRF416
Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone bother with ceramic bearings anymore? Also whats the most popular shell for indoor rubber tyre racing on carpet? Sorry for all the questions but i have been out of RC for at least the last 2 seasons.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default TRF416

Hi Rick,

Nothing has changed...Use the old TRF415 with Mazda 6 body and you have a winner!

A TRF416 set-up (and choice of body) for indoor carpet, wait till next week (DHI cup)....

Last edited by C van der Hagen; 01-02-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.