Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

This year, I am getting more involved with 12th scale... Isnt it wise to sand and seal teh chassis like sedans.. i see in Adrian's pics, he didnt do it..
Old 08-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The car is nice!! Can't wait to see it run tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Its pretty sweet. Jason is really big on asthetics. Anyone can design a rear pod. The trick is making it function AND look like a piece of art. He spends a lot of time making small changes to angles and curves on the chassis and alloy parts to make the complete car flow together visually.
Would you STOP it!

Its torture for those of us that cant afford one right now LOL
Old 08-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris moore
Eric are you going to run the DB12R at CH before Vegas?

Chris
Nope, the ups guy came and went and did not leave my car. It should be here Monday. I'm going to go by my office in the morning and double check just in case they came back by.
E

Chris who are you, what's you paint scheme (if you have one)? Tomorrow (sat) my car colors will be flouresent yellow, pink (instead of orange), charcol grey, and silver.

Last edited by EricF; 08-24-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
my guess is what jason is saying is that each piece is cut in one shot. so that the piece is not remove and then re-install in the machine. there is almost no way to clamp the part back into the machien in "exactly" in the same spot.
I think I got that, I was kind of leaning more toward a buleprinting type of situation.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The chassis are cut on a big CNC vertical mill (see pic below). Every chassis is identical.
Cool, thanks.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Do you know if BMI has plans to make caster blocks in aluminum anodized the same color as the rest of the car? I want to know before I buy the CRC ones, so I can wait.
Thats on the list of things to do. I can't say exactly when it will get done though. There are a couple hop ups we want to come out with before that though.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BSchorr
This year, I am getting more involved with 12th scale... Isnt it wise to sand and seal teh chassis like sedans.. i see in Adrian's pics, he didnt do it..
The kit in the pics was built just to provide photos for the assembly manual. I did knock off the sharp edges but I didnt seal them (I was in a hurry ).

For racing on carpet I carefully round all the lower edges of the chassis and rear pod plates then I CA all the edges This keeps the chassis from snagging the carpet or splintering if you hit a corner dot or board.

For racing on asphalt I knock off the sharp edges but there is no need to seal the chassis as it serves no purpose.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kropy
Has anyone weighed their car with a brushed set-up yet? Just curious
My car with an Airtronics 94761, Personal Trans., Keyence Rapida, Micro Spektrum(w/cap), Komodo 19T and a heavy Parma Speed 8 is 29.6oz.

Thats pretty light.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

The guys running the DB12R at the Florida Minnreg race are flying!

Jason (BMI DB12R) and EA (CEFX C12) are the fastest in stock by a ton.

Paul Wynn (BMI DB12R) is fastest in 19T.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
Nope, the ups guy came and went and did not leave my car. It should be here Monday. I'm going to go by my office in the morning and double check just in case they came back by.
E

Chris who are you, what's you paint scheme (if you have one)? Tomorrow (sat) my car colors will be flouresent yellow, pink (instead of orange), charcol grey, and silver.
I'm one of the Phx guys, I've only been able to make it down a couple of times and those were the first and only times I've ever run on carpet so I spent most of my time chasing the setup. I had the solid yellow blocker car; I'm not down there this weekend due to work Fri and commitments for Sun. If I get the chance to head down again soon mabey I'll get a chance to see your new car in action.

Chris
Old 08-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

DB12R qualifying results.

Paul Wynn has TQ'd 1/12 19T (by 2 laps!) with DB12R's in 5th (Tim Caporal) and 6th (Tim Potter).

Cheston VanAlstyne is 2nd in 1/12 Stock with DB12R's in 5th (Tim Potter) and 7th (Jason).
Old 08-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

man,what a day of racing.i got my car really good but was having some issues with my spektrum all day.it kept shutting off for 2 seconds and then coming back on i did wind up finishing 5th.we had alot of real fast guys runn ing 1/12th today.2 full heats of stock and 1 full heat of 19 turn. Paul Wynn was absolutely unreal with his DB12R winning the main by a longshot with alot of other fast guys.the car got alot of attention after people saw it run.we kept getting comments about how much corner speed it carries and how smoothe it looks on the track.the only change we did to pauls car over the box setup was we went to .018 front springs when the bite came up.all in all it was an excelent showing with 4 DB12R's making the top 10
Old 08-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Jason, It was nice meeting you today at Minnreg. This car was great for the time I was on the track It was my first time running on carpet and running the car after building it the night before. I had issues with my speedo throughout the day... oh well...I can't wait till I get more track time and run this thing on asphault....
Old 08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Lord

thanks buddy.it was nice getting to meet you today.i had alot of fun and the competition was intense.if you have any questions on the car for asphalt or need any help feel free to call the shop.i have spent alot of time asphalt testing with the car and have really developed a killer asphalt setup for the car.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rcgen
Jason, It was nice meeting you today at Minnreg. This car was great for the time I was on the track It was my first time running on carpet and running the car after building it the night before. I had issues with my speedo throughout the day... oh well...I can't wait till I get more track time and run this thing on asphault....
BTW,i think dave is gonna have a good meal tonight.a whole big plate of words to eat from the past month and a half

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.