Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Too much rain in HK? . . . . time to build another car.

Actually, all jokes aside, I reckon these FW05R's are going to surprise a lot of people.
this FW05R belongs to Mr. Lam of Harmony. I asked him to email me of his ultimate FW05R hop up version pictures to make you guys drool on it !
Old 09-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Too much rain in HK? . . . . time to build another car.

Actually, all jokes aside, I reckon these FW05R's are going to surprise a lot of people.
Hey Gav,

So you say those Active 37s would be the go for Lilydale? Is this for the cold weather like we're having now? I take it they'd be too soft in summer so what would you recommend for then?

I'm just trying to get an idea because I'm probabky going to order a fair few sets from RC Champ soon.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

AMG,

That still seems like a lot of droop for a high traction set-up - which track?
What was the original oil in the diff? - did you try the 30K diff?

Anyway, put us out of our misery . . . . how was it.
Yeah I did not say that the droop was optimal But it seemed to work well enough. Mayby you could go higher in the rear. At +3 the front effectively had no droop at all.

The original diff was 5000wt Kyosho EVO kit oil. I did not try the 30K wt since the 50K was so damn good.

Moral of the story is that these annoying things to change on the Kyosho like the rear diff oil and the shock oil actually affect the car more than you know.

Another case in point. On our medium track (Meakin Park) the car was getting all ugly on power mid corner on a particular sweeper. I tried everything I could think of to get the car dialled, no go.

Then I changed the rear shock oil from 50 to 30 and it was locked in. Laziness prevented me from doing this earlier The rear end was hopping over the rutted parts of the track.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Hey Gav,

So you say those Active 37s would be the go for Lilydale? Is this for the cold weather like we're having now? I take it they'd be too soft in summer so what would you recommend for then?

I'm just trying to get an idea because I'm probabky going to order a fair few sets from RC Champ soon.
Yes, we've been using 37's through the winter at Lilydale. We tried 35's but they were just a bit too much. When summer sets in it's likely we'll move to 40's. You might want a set of 35's and plan a visit to Dandenong.

For ordering you'll likely need to look at a ratio of 3 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts - or thereabouts.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Why don't you just order your tyres from the hobbyman?
Old 09-15-2003, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
this FW05R belongs to Mr. Lam of Harmony. I asked him to email me of his ultimate FW05R hop up version pictures to make you guys drool on it !
That is one damn nice ride. It does not "look" as nice as the NTC3 in terms of its layout (the receiver is kinda out there in the breeze) but I personally think that this motor orientation is superior for a number of reasons.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

OK, the truth now . . . . . just what sort of commission are you on?
Old 09-15-2003, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by finchy
I know this is a stupid question but what size belt will fit if I use the 27t pulley on the Evo. My sp belt is too tight when changing from 25 to 27 t pulley. Does anyone know if they come in the SP range.

Finchy man give me a bell! I have nailed a pretty nice setup for Brendale and I want to see if it suits your driving style
Old 09-15-2003, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dexter
Why don't you just order your tyres from the hobbyman?
I'm speechless . . . .
Old 09-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

I'm speechless . . . .
I am guessing you save 50% or so getting them from OS. I know I do
Old 09-15-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yeah I did not say that the droop was optimal But it seemed to work well enough. Mayby you could go higher in the rear. At +3 the front effectively had no droop at all.
True, but I was going to go back to 0 front droop to get some steer back.

The original diff was 5000wt Kyosho EVO kit oil. I did not try the 30K wt since the 50K was so damn good.

Moral of the story is that these annoying things to change on the Kyosho like the rear diff oil and the shock oil actually affect the car more than you know.

Another case in point. On our medium track (Meakin Park) the car was getting all ugly on power mid corner on a particular sweeper. I tried everything I could think of to get the car dialled, no go.

Then I changed the rear shock oil from 50 to 30 and it was locked in. Laziness prevented me from doing this earlier The rear end was hopping over the rutted parts of the track.
Cool.
I tried a 50K diff ages ago with a totally different set-up on the R and it didn't work well. I guess I should say that the total set-up didn't work, but your right, when it comes to diff's, I also get lazy due to the hassel of changing them.
How was the 50K diff at Meakin Park?
I should at least try a 30K diff for medium traction, yeah?
Old 09-15-2003, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I am guessing you save 50% or so getting them from OS. I know I do

Shhhhh . . . .
Hey, have you tried a set yet? I reckon you'd be pleased.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

True, but I was going to go back to 0 front droop to get some steer back.

Cool.
I tried a 50K diff ages ago with a totally different set-up on the R and it didn't work well. I guess I should say that the total set-up didn't work, but your right, when it comes to diff's, I also get lazy due to the hassel of changing them.
How was the 50K diff at Meakin Park?
I should at least try a 30K diff for medium traction, yeah?
Like I said the +3 in the front was a ballpark guestimate. Seemed to work. Remember Brendale is a very high grip track.

50K and 30K both do not work at Meakin Park. You need 10K max at Meakin. Or less even works fine.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:40 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Time to show off again !! but this is a bit off topic.

FW05R ultimate hop up version

pic 1
Haha...this car will never get run......
Old 09-15-2003, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

...wanna make a bet??
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-dscn0051.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.