R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2003, 10:36 AM   #9136
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Too much rain in HK? . . . . time to build another car.

Actually, all jokes aside, I reckon these FW05R's are going to surprise a lot of people.
this FW05R belongs to Mr. Lam of Harmony. I asked him to email me of his ultimate FW05R hop up version pictures to make you guys drool on it !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #9137
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Too much rain in HK? . . . . time to build another car.

Actually, all jokes aside, I reckon these FW05R's are going to surprise a lot of people.
Hey Gav,

So you say those Active 37s would be the go for Lilydale? Is this for the cold weather like we're having now? I take it they'd be too soft in summer so what would you recommend for then?

I'm just trying to get an idea because I'm probabky going to order a fair few sets from RC Champ soon.
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:10 AM   #9138
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
AMG,

That still seems like a lot of droop for a high traction set-up - which track?
What was the original oil in the diff? - did you try the 30K diff?

Anyway, put us out of our misery . . . . how was it.
Yeah I did not say that the droop was optimal But it seemed to work well enough. Mayby you could go higher in the rear. At +3 the front effectively had no droop at all.

The original diff was 5000wt Kyosho EVO kit oil. I did not try the 30K wt since the 50K was so damn good.

Moral of the story is that these annoying things to change on the Kyosho like the rear diff oil and the shock oil actually affect the car more than you know.

Another case in point. On our medium track (Meakin Park) the car was getting all ugly on power mid corner on a particular sweeper. I tried everything I could think of to get the car dialled, no go.

Then I changed the rear shock oil from 50 to 30 and it was locked in. Laziness prevented me from doing this earlier The rear end was hopping over the rutted parts of the track.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:15 AM   #9139
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Hey Gav,

So you say those Active 37s would be the go for Lilydale? Is this for the cold weather like we're having now? I take it they'd be too soft in summer so what would you recommend for then?

I'm just trying to get an idea because I'm probabky going to order a fair few sets from RC Champ soon.
Yes, we've been using 37's through the winter at Lilydale. We tried 35's but they were just a bit too much. When summer sets in it's likely we'll move to 40's. You might want a set of 35's and plan a visit to Dandenong.

For ordering you'll likely need to look at a ratio of 3 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts - or thereabouts.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:18 AM   #9140
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 338
Default

Why don't you just order your tyres from the hobbyman?
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:20 AM   #9141
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
this FW05R belongs to Mr. Lam of Harmony. I asked him to email me of his ultimate FW05R hop up version pictures to make you guys drool on it !
That is one damn nice ride. It does not "look" as nice as the NTC3 in terms of its layout (the receiver is kinda out there in the breeze) but I personally think that this motor orientation is superior for a number of reasons.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:21 AM   #9142
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
this FW05R belongs to Mr. Lam of Harmony. I asked him to email me of his ultimate FW05R hop up version pictures to make you guys drool on it !
OK, the truth now . . . . . just what sort of commission are you on?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:23 AM   #9143
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
I know this is a stupid question but what size belt will fit if I use the 27t pulley on the Evo. My sp belt is too tight when changing from 25 to 27 t pulley. Does anyone know if they come in the SP range.

Finchy man give me a bell! I have nailed a pretty nice setup for Brendale and I want to see if it suits your driving style
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:23 AM   #9144
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dexter
Why don't you just order your tyres from the hobbyman?
I'm speechless . . . .
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:25 AM   #9145
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I'm speechless . . . .
I am guessing you save 50% or so getting them from OS. I know I do
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:33 AM   #9146
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yeah I did not say that the droop was optimal But it seemed to work well enough. Mayby you could go higher in the rear. At +3 the front effectively had no droop at all.
True, but I was going to go back to 0 front droop to get some steer back.

Quote:
The original diff was 5000wt Kyosho EVO kit oil. I did not try the 30K wt since the 50K was so damn good.

Moral of the story is that these annoying things to change on the Kyosho like the rear diff oil and the shock oil actually affect the car more than you know.

Another case in point. On our medium track (Meakin Park) the car was getting all ugly on power mid corner on a particular sweeper. I tried everything I could think of to get the car dialled, no go.

Then I changed the rear shock oil from 50 to 30 and it was locked in. Laziness prevented me from doing this earlier The rear end was hopping over the rutted parts of the track.
Cool.
I tried a 50K diff ages ago with a totally different set-up on the R and it didn't work well. I guess I should say that the total set-up didn't work, but your right, when it comes to diff's, I also get lazy due to the hassel of changing them.
How was the 50K diff at Meakin Park?
I should at least try a 30K diff for medium traction, yeah?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:35 AM   #9147
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I am guessing you save 50% or so getting them from OS. I know I do

Shhhhh . . . .
Hey, have you tried a set yet? I reckon you'd be pleased.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:36 AM   #9148
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
True, but I was going to go back to 0 front droop to get some steer back.

Cool.
I tried a 50K diff ages ago with a totally different set-up on the R and it didn't work well. I guess I should say that the total set-up didn't work, but your right, when it comes to diff's, I also get lazy due to the hassel of changing them.
How was the 50K diff at Meakin Park?
I should at least try a 30K diff for medium traction, yeah?
Like I said the +3 in the front was a ballpark guestimate. Seemed to work. Remember Brendale is a very high grip track.

50K and 30K both do not work at Meakin Park. You need 10K max at Meakin. Or less even works fine.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:40 AM   #9149
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
Time to show off again !! but this is a bit off topic.

FW05R ultimate hop up version

pic 1
Haha...this car will never get run......
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:43 AM   #9150
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

...wanna make a bet??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0051.jpg (49.0 KB, 121 views)
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net