Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

RR side pulley? Do you mean change side pulley from 27t to 25t?

The guys who run RR's in my shop did the change to 24t's in the back. Our pro/mechanic describes the results of the conversion as
" WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! VEWY FAWST!!!! "

I'm not sure what it does to the actual drive to either end. There is a way to calculate that but I lost the site with all the formulas to do that =)

I've been reading on it from some guys in Hong Kong who are very familiar with this conversion. He said his O.S TR powered RR will take out JP and RB powered RR's, due to the conversion.

My mechanic seems to be convinced that this conversion is the hot set-up as well. But, then you have to figure out the gearing to suit your track as well.

To compensate for loss of punch due to the larger pulleys, you have to change the pinion gears to 15t/19t. If you run on a larger track my mechanic says the stock 16/20 will do. For an even bigger track with crazy grip and speed, 16/21t's and up, plus you could switch the spurs to 49/45t's.

There's more to it as soon as I remember....
Old 07-24-2002, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rbgti

The guys who run RR's in my shop did the change to 24t's in the back. Our pro/mechanic describes the results of the conversion as

well i run on a pritty big track. how does he fit the 24 T pulley? with the stock rear belt or the longer 210 belt?

is the 24T available from kawaharra?
Old 07-24-2002, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rbgti
RR side pulley? Do you mean change side pulley from 27t to 25t?

I'm not sure what it does to the actual drive to either end. There is a way to calculate that but I lost the site with all the formulas to do that =)

I've been reading on it from some guys in Hong Kong who are very familiar with this conversion. He said his O.S TR powered RR will take out JP and RB powered RR's, due to the conversion.

My mechanic seems to be convinced that this conversion is the hot set-up as well. But, then you have to figure out the gearing to suit your track as well.

To compensate for loss of punch due to the larger pulleys, you have to change the pinion gears to 15t/19t. If you run on a larger track my mechanic says the stock 16/20 will do. For an even bigger track with crazy grip and speed, 16/21t's and up, plus you could switch the spurs to 49/45t's.

There's more to it as soon as I remember....
OS TR wont have the torque to punch with the 24T pulley on the main shaft even with 15/19 out of corner.

About mid oneway. it is a oneway bearing built in the 24T pulley on the mid shaft. It has less effect on foam tire racing but definitely good for rubber tire as this will give you better off power steering.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:40 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

OS TR wont have the torque to punch with the 24T pulley on the main shaft even with 15/19 out of corner.

About mid oneway. it is a oneway bearing built in the 24T pulley on the mid shaft. It has less effect on foam tire racing but definitely good for rubber tire as this will give you better off power steering.
Is this the dual 24T with HN belt conversion for big tracks??? Never got round to playing with that!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Is this the dual 24T with HN belt conversion for big tracks??? Never got round to playing with that!!!!
well, they are from 3 racing. the kit includes 2 24T pulley and two belts which replace the long and rear belt since you have bigger pulley on.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:45 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

well, they are from 3 racing. the kit includes 2 24T pulley and two belts which replace the long and rear belt since you have bigger pulley on.
Oh! They made it an "offical" conversion now!!!!! I guess someone had to make some money from it!

Manticore- Have you got your name on one of those JP 5 ports yet???
Old 07-24-2002, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Oh! They made it an "offical" conversion now!!!!! I guess someone had to make some money from it!

Manticore- Have you got your name on one of those JP 5 ports yet???
JP sucks !
Old 07-24-2002, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

manti.. what effect does the 24 tooth actuallt do to the RR??/
Old 07-24-2002, 05:49 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

JP sucks !
You're not supposed to say that....there are a lot of people on the forum who "swear" by them!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:49 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jack

manti.. what effect does the 24 tooth actuallt do to the RR??/
Screws up your final drive ratio to give you a lower gearing!!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

JP sucks !
I agree! Overrated and heavily priced for the small gain.

I've seen the new S3 pass these easily down the straight.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dtm

Screws up your final drive ratio to give you a lower gearing!!!!
hhahaha.. maybe that what i need...
I am waiting for ern to get his V1RR>. then we can play together...
Old 07-24-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

hey Manti,
Ernest is thinking of getting a new engine.. but he say that is dont like to break in new engine.....
how????
you run in for him and send it over???
Old 07-24-2002, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

wow i read some of the stuff here, I going to go with the v one r, cause the v one rr comes with a centex clutch which i never tuned before and a one way, I don't like one ways cause my track has sharp turns, what are the first mods i should get, I heard the front cvd's are a must, after i get the cvd's what should i get after?
Old 07-24-2002, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jack

hhahaha.. maybe that what i need...
I am waiting for ern to get his V1RR>. then we can play together...
dont forget me!
im ready to slug it out with you guys with my MTX2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.